Taylor Frankie Paul, 28, was charged on Tuesday with two counts of domestic violence in the presence of a child, aggravated assault, criminal mischief, and child abuse following her arrest on Feb. 17, according to court records obtained by BuzzFeed News. He said she then became angry and began to berate him on the drive back. Taylor Frankie Paul, the Mormon MomTok influencer who went viral last year after sharing her "soft-swinging" experiences, was arrested last week, officials said. Both Paul and Mortensen, her boyfriend of six months, are seen answering the door. I feel free, to be honest, she continued during the livestream, acknowledging that the cats out of the bag. A popular Utah social media influencer was charged Tuesday with throwing metal bar stools at her boyfriend, one of which hit her 5-year-old daughter, and damaging her house in the process. Soft swinging involves couples swapping partners but not engaging in full sex. In 2021 the pair won . Paul is also accused of throwing several "heavy, metal chairs" at Mortensen and hitting her 5-year-old daughter in the head with one of them, the statement said. 'I just want him out. Video obtained by DailyMail.com shows an intoxicated and emotional Taylor Frankie Paul telling police she went 'ballistic' on boyfriend Dakota Mortensen after cops responded to a domestic violence call at her Utah home on February 17, The Mormon influencer, 27, can be seen crying and slurring her words as police attempt to talk to her about the altercation. They arrived back at her house and a family member, who had been watching Indy and Paul's two-year-old son Ocean, left. She has opened up in recent months about herstruggle with depression, anxiety and extreme weight loss in the wake of the shocking soft swinging scandal. Cops reported seeing injuries on both Paul and Mortensen, but determined she was the primary aggressor, After Mortensen provided cops with video from his cell phone showing the chair hitting Indy, the charges were upgraded to felony aggravated assault, reckless child abuse, and domestic violence in the presence of a child, officers said. Taylor Frankie Paul also admitted to the police that she threw metal chairs and a wooden play set at her boyfriend. . The Mormon MomTok influencer went viral last year for her "soft-swinging" story. The charges come after police in Herriman, Utah, arrested Paul on Feb. 17 after responding to a domestic violence call, the Herriman City Police Department said last week in astatement. After sharing a kiss, Paul says into camera, "That pretty much wraps up our morning. Tbh, Im not sure, they later responded in a TikTok video with over 872,000 views, that shows the couple dancing, then falling to the floor in laughter. A scheduling conference for Paul is set for March 31 at 3 p.m. EST. After thanking his supporters, he then concluded, "For everybody that sucks ass, I don't really care, you guys will just continue to fill my feed and comments full of stupid s---.". She hurled a wooden play set at him, which hit his truck. She is scheduled to appear in court on April 14 for her next hearing. Meghan Markle's father says he is 'open to any kind of conversation' to repair his Practising for Charles' big day! The duo said they were "born and raised LDS." 2023 EHM Productions, Inc. All rights reserved. Leading Jewish organisation demands urgent meeting with The Guardian's editor after newspaper is engulfed by King Charles' Coronation LIVE: Surprise as Kate 'will ditch tiara for headpiece', concert stage revealed and 'Some people write a diary but he'll go and write a song': Ed Sheeran's wife Cherry Seaborn reveals the STEPHEN POLLARD: It's often the self-proclaimed anti-racists who are the foulest of the lot. Taylor Frankie Paul, 28, was charged on Tuesday with two counts of domestic violence in the presence of a child, aggravated assault, criminal mischief, and child abuse following her arrest on Feb. 17, according to court records obtained by BuzzFeed News. The TikTok star welcomed her first child, a daughter named Indy, on 31 August 2017. Statement regarding the arrest of Taylor Frankie Paul, Taylor Frankie Paul arrest video surfaces as drunk TikTok star's antics go viral. The couple divorced in June after Paul went too far with one of her friends husbands. Mine, Mortensen added with a heart eyes emoji on his own Story. The whole group was intimate with each other, Paul revealed on a TikTok livestream. She can be seen crying and slurring her words as police attempt to talk to her. Dakota was observed with redness and swelling around his eyes, swellingon hiselbow,scratchesonhisfingers,and a lacerationon his neck.. Mormon influencer Taylor Frankie Paul popular on a side of TikTok dubbed MomTok hasrevealed that she and her husband were soft swinging with their fellow Utah couples in the latest social media drama. One content creator, Kat Wellington, shared a clip explaining the Utah mom drama to her boyfriend captioned, What else would we talk about.. She was booked on three misdemeanor charges assault, criminal mischief and domestic violence in the presence of a child, Mortensen refused to say what caused her arrest, but let slip, 'She never hurt anyone intentionally.' Thanks for contacting us. According to a Herriman, Utah, police officers declaration, Paul and her boyfriend, Dakota Mortensen, were involved in a heated argument while Pauls children were present. "All allegations of domestic violence are investigated thoroughly and in accordance with state law and established criminal justice best practices to protect victims and ensure accountability. March 1, 2023 / 12:06 AM Shes previously admitted to actually going all the way with one person in the friend group, as outlined by Distractify, without approval from either spouse, which was supposedly against the rules. I'm starting to feel progress and will be back to work soon. If she is convicted of the charges, she would face up to five years in state prison for each of the three felonies with which she is charged. Her boyfriend reported feeling scared for his life, a police officer said, according to court documents. Mortensen also commented, "Hahaha I literally cannot dance ," as fans once again wondered if they were ever going to address the domestic violence arrest as a duo. The video also allegedly showed Paul kicking Mortensen, putting him in a chokehold and hitting him multiple times, the document states. All Rights Reserved, Utah social media influencer charged with throwing metal bar stools, wooden play set at boyfriend, When police arrived, the arresting officer noted in a booking affidavit. The officer further described a video of the incident where Taylor Frankie Paul was seen putting Dakota in a chokehold and kicking him, striking him multiple times. I'm surprised you are doing this.'. The case remains pending. When Mortensen started asking if her mugshot would be released, one officer can be heard saying: 'It's not like she's going to make the news.'. The officer who responded to the incident stated that when he arrived at the scene, Dakota Mortensen reported that he argued with Taylor Frankie Paul, during which he attempted to leave the residence, but his girlfriend began hitting him. (Illustration by Christopher Cherrington | The Salt Lake Tribune) Utah content creator and Mormon mom TikTok star Taylor Frankie Paul was charged Tuesday with felony counts of domestic violence and aggravated assault, Salt Lake County court records show. Waiting for your permission to load TikTok Post. Taylor, 28, claimed that Dakota threw her out of her Utah home and left her in the garage. Over the weekend, however, she started to post again -- sharing new videos with Mortensen putting on a united front. Taylor admitted to police she threw things at Dakota because she was scared of him, and he had pushed her first. "From rough marriage, to swinging, to divorce, to major loss of some family, best friends, friends, my and kids part time, trying to be be in another relationship but cant let myself be happy, to ectopic pregnancy, to deep depression meanwhile millions of people watched it all and gave their lovey opinions.". ', While being placed in the back of the patrol vehicle Paul was still complaining about her arrest. Corinne Heller. He shared them to his page as well, adding, "Literally have never had more fun with a girl in my life than I have with Taylor I know that our paths were meant to cross and I hope I get to be apart of her life for a whole lot longer ". Since then, she's posted about her mental health, coparenting, and her new relationship. / CBS News. "I'm not going to do that to her. But I've seen it and I just know. In the caption, she added, "don't let people make you feel like you can't go to church if youre not perfect, church is for the imperfect.". Waiting for your permission to load the Instagram Media. The charges stem from a report of domestic violence on Feb. 17, when Pauls boyfriend called Herriman police to say that Paul had begun hitting him in the presence of her two young children, according to court documents. Subsequently, our investigators are also screening a misdemeanor charge of reckless child abuse with the District Attorneys Office.". It's often the self-proclaimed anti-racists who are the foulest of the lot, writesSTEPHEN POLLARD, What it's really like being married to a healthy-eating fanatic: Dr Chris van Tulleken banned ready meals, tuts at his wife's favourite Pret sandwich - and then he came for her peanut butter, What Meghan Markle wrote about 'Princess Kate's wedding' YEARS before she met Prince Harry - and her words were rather scathing, Suspected Islamic State leader is killed in Syria by Turkish intelligence services, Erdogan claims, I know how Roaccutane can change lives after suffering the mental anguish of bad acne, writes Dr MAX PEMBERTON, Britain's most senior civil servant could soon be forced to step down after being sidelined by PM Rishi Sunak, sources claim, Call for millions to take part in 'Homage of the People' to King Charles at the coronation sparks backlash as republicans brand it 'offensive and tone-deaf gesture', NANA AKUA: Why I'm thrilled by the invitation to pledge my 'true allegiance' to King Charles III, MICK HUME: An oath of allegiance to the King? After splitting with Tate the father of her children she started hooking up with Mortensen. He added, "I will be there for her and help her in any way that I can. The morning after the incident, Taylor was released from jail on a pre-trial supervised release. TikTokerTaylor Frankie Paul andDakota Mortensen are putting up a united front, one month aftershewas charged with domestic violence stemming from aconfrontation between the two. Last May, she went viral after revealing in a TikTok livestream that she and her then-husband, Tate Paul, were in a soft-swinging group with other MomTok creators, meaning they swapped sexual partners with other couples, but Paul said they agreed to not "go all the way." The rumor mill began churning when millions tuned in to Pauls TikTok on May 20, to watch a cryptic video that suggested shed soon be a single parent. Rain will drench Britain today as Met Office warns thunderstorms could batter the country this week ( and now King Charles' coronation could be hit by heavy downpours), The 'charter for idlers': Anger as Lib Dem-run local authority lets staff work four days a week for the same salary - just after announcing council tax rises, Why I've ditched a lifetime of possessions and downsized at 70 for my children, Mortensen, who was also interviewed, provided cops video of the altercation, leading them to charge Paul with. Taylor got arrested on Saturday for the charge of assault and domestic violence. Several criminal charges, including child abuse, have been filed against TikToker Taylor Frankie Paul following her arrest over an alleged Feb. 17 confrontation with her boyfriend, Dakota Mortensen. Paul is pictured with daughter Indy, five, and two-year-old son Ocean, Taylor shares two young children, Indy and Ocean, with her ex-husband, Tate, She then added, 'when Dakota sees I'm being arrested he's not going to agree to it.' The Herriman officer added to his declaration that Taylors two-year-old son, Ocean Paul, was also inside the house at the time of the confrontation. I wanted to thank all of those who have been by my side, those who reached out and the strangers that stopped to hug me.. He told police that he started to feel scared for his life because of the weight of the chairs and said one bounced off his shoulder and hit Indy in the head. The girl is heard crying after being hit, police said, and a detective was later informed that the child had a painful goose-egg injury to her head, court documents state. But please, keep me updated.. Let me tell you . Contact Pocharapon Neammanee at [email protected]. TikToker Taylor Frankie Paul and . Taylor Frankie Paul, 28, of Herriman, is charged in 3rd District Court with aggravated assault and two counts of domestic violence in the presence of a child, a third-degree felony; child abuse, a class A misdemeanor; and criminal mischief, a class B misdemeanor. She announced that she is keeping her kids off TikTok for now, but not forever. Paul is part of the MomTok community moms who have found fame on TikTok, a subgroup of which are Mormon and has 4 million followers on the viral video streaming platform. My entire life falling apart, read text over a video in which the soon-to-be divorcee is seen packing moving boxes. In a follow-up clip posted on the same day, Paul swings a set of keys at the camera amid an empty home. Mormon influencer Taylor Frankie Paul, 28, blew up #MomTok after claiming she and her husband, Tate, are getting divorced after soft swinging with their pals. She has not publicly acknowledged the arrest. Although Taylor cooperated with the police as they put her in handcuffs and led her to a police cruiser, she repeatedly inquired why she was being arrested. sltrib.com 1996-2023 The Salt Lake Tribune. Mortensen said over the next 90 minutes he tried to leave her house to 'deescalate' the situation, but Paul wouldn't let him. Donate to the newsroom now. Check out the hottest fashion, photos, movies and TV shows! After three years, on 18 June 2020, she gave birth to another cute child, a son and named him Ocean Paul. Paul then picks up a second bar stool and throws it across the room, causing a hole in a wall and knocking down home dcor. He pushed me and I'm under arrest? Paul pictured in a TikTok video with Mortensen and daughter Indy was arrested after cops learned she threw a chair at Mortensen that ended up striking the five-year in the head, When police arrived at the scene in a Salt Lake City suburb, the influencer told them she was so scared she had 'peed' herself, the video shows, When Paul was being placed under arrest for domestic violence, she asked the cop, 'so he isn't being arrested? I don't care. While Dakota has been posting occasionally on TikTok since Taylor's arrest, her page stayed dormant for the past month. Paul is accused of hitting her boyfriend with a metal chair that then hit her 5-year-old daughter. Paul found fame on TikTok where she has more than 4 million followers after regularly sharing content about her day-to-day life, two children and now estranged husband. Their second born is a baby boy Ocean and his date of birth is 18th June 2020 . Meanwhile, Paul and Mortensen cozied up together Saturday in an Instagram Story in which Mortensen issued a smiling Paul on the cheek. Along with internet gossip accounts recapping the social media spectacle, a Reddit thread following the drama has more than 17,000 members, while other TikTokers are commenting on it, filling in anyone who will listen. In the video, the man could be heard telling Paul multiple times to stop hitting him, according to court documents, and an officer arrived to witness Paul striking her boyfriend. Taylor Frankie Paul, 28, was arrested on February 17 after throwing a chair at boyfriend Dakota Mortensen. Taylor, 28, was arrested and later charged withone count of felony aggravated assault, two counts of felony domestic violence in the presence of a child causing injury, one count of misdemeanor child abuse and one count of misdemeanor criminal mischief. Later, on 18 June 2020, she gave birth to a son named Ocean. After being placed in handcuffs she continued questioning the police officer on why she was being arrested. She is expected to be in court on March 21. She also threw heavy metal chairs at him so violently that they put holes in the walls. Mortensen said the whole situation "just sucks," before going on to offer up some praise to Paul as a mother. Recycling royals: How Charles will re-use chairs made for the coronations of his mother in 1953 and 'How can I fix this?' Rugebregt and Felsing then separate the couple, taking Paul outside. Entertainment Television, LLC A Division of NBCUniversal. She is an American social media influencer who is best known for sharing lip-sync, dance-comedy and parenting content on TikTok. Social media star Taylor Frankie Paul has pleaded not guilty to felony counts of domestic violence and aggravated assault stemming from her Feb. 18 arrest. "Following her jail booking, detectives received additional video evidence related to this case that resulted in the case being referred to the Salt Lake County District Attorneys Office for screening of felony assault charges against Ms. Paul," the spokesperson said. Paul's next court date is set for Tuesday, March 21. The video described in the document also revealed that Paul kicked Mortensen, put him in a chokehold, and hit him multiple times. After Paul threw the second chair, Mortensen told Paul to stop because her 5-year-old daughter was next to him on the couch. Video of the altercation obtained by police also indicates Paul threw heavy metal chairs at the man that put holes in a wall, as well as kicked him and put him in a chokehold, documents state. Bio - Taylor Frankie Paul took birth on 23 May 1994 in Salt Lake City, Utah, United States. Taylor Frankie Paul and boyfriend Dakota Mortensen are trying to move forward -- together -- about one month after she was charged with domestic violence. Children (Son & Daughter) Paul and Tate become parents of a cute daughter on 31 August 2017. The mother's five-year-old daughter, Indy Paul, was lying close to a couch when one of the stools unintentionally crossed and struck her. Their first-born daughter's name is Indy. ', Taylor responds back saying 'so is he.' She went on to explain that her boyfriend had picked her up from a girls night and he 'b****ed her out' all the way home. 'I pushed him, I hit him, he pushed me. But I'm a recovering addict, rock bottom is where I've been many times in my life and I wish that I had people that I loved at those times that left and walked away from me," he continued. Investigators said later they were seeking a misdemeanor charge of reckless child abuse from the district attorney's office after receiving "additional video evidence" of the incident. She was born in Utah, United States of America on 23rd May, 1994. "A video of the incident shows Paul kick (the boyfriend), put him in a chokehold and strike him multiple times. Again, just thank you for those that have given me grace at this very difficult time.. Get browser notifications for breaking news, live events, and exclusive reporting. A written declaration from an officer at the Herriman Police Department was included in the court documents. Police reviewed video of the incident, the probable cause statement said, which allegedly showed Paul throwing what were described as barstools. I'm an astrology expert and it's obvious why Meghan Markle is skipping King Charles' coronation. 'I'm emotionally hurting and going through a divorce,' she tells them. One of the metal chairs allegedly fell and hit one of Pauls kids, who was sitting on the couch during the alleged argument, leaving them with a goose egg on the head. The cops clearly did not realize that Paul was an internet celebrity. According to a probable cause statement, Paul and her boyfriend, identified as Dakota Mortensen, were having an argument and, when Mortensen tried to leave, she started hitting him. She was charged with two felony counts of domestic violence in the presence of a child, one felony count of aggravated assault and one misdemeanor count of child abuse and criminal mischief (via CBS News). Both Tate and Taylor post pictures and videos of their children on their social medial handles. One of the metal chairs that hit Taylors daughter, Indy, left her with a swollen head. On Sunday, the pair posted another video of the two dancing, while answering a question from a fan wondering whether she was "always a Mormon" or recently converted. Swinging entails consensual non-monogamy between multiple partners, but Pauls group reportedly participated in so-called soft swinging, which meant not going too far, according to Paul. She told the cop: 'He punched me too and I'm a girl. The bodycam video from the night of her arrest shows Herriman officers Ben Rugebregt and Alex Felsing knocking on Paul's door after receiving a 911 from a neighbor. When the officers ask them what was going on, Dakota tells them Taylor was 'hammered. ", Dakota has stood behind Taylor since the arrest. Taylor Frankie Paul gave birth to their first child, a daughter on 31st August 2017 and named her Indy Paul. At present, four of them live in S.Jordan, Utah, United States. Ocean was upstairs asleep. 'Mormon mom TikTok' star Taylor Frankie Paul charged with domestic violence, child abuse Court documents state the 28-year-old mother threw a chair during an argument with her boyfriend,. Your login session has expired. One couple, Miranda and Chase McWhorter, went live on TikTok again, recorded by the drama devotees saying they didnt take any part in the swinging. One member of MomTok, @jazlynebaybee, implored the McWhorters to divulge in the live comments thread. 2023 NYP Holdings, Inc. All Rights Reserved, Jonathan Majors alleged victim granted full restraining order, Ex-Jackass star Bam Margera found after arrest warrant issued, Julia Fox ducks reporters as her kid brother is indicted for guns, drugs, Disney facing looming Jonathan Majors crisis with $20M star facing assault allegations, charged after allegedly striking Mortensen. Paul later admitted to police that she had thrown metal chairs and the wooden play set, court documents state. Paul, 28, cited the swinging behaviors as a reason she and her husband, Tate Paul, are getting divorced. The TikTokeraddressed her personal turmoil in a March 12 post. TikToker Taylor Frankie Pauls arrest video surfaced on social media, where the notorious Mormon swinger was seen crying. Who is TAYLOR FRANKIE PAUL? Dakota reported feeling scared for his life, the officers declaration said. According to Mortensen, the original plan was to stop by Paul's house to get her ID and then go to the concert, but as soon as he arrived he realized she was in no condition to go. When police arrived, the arresting officer noted in a booking affidavit that "both started talking to me at the doorway. The Herriman City Police Department said in its statement: Once the screening process is complete with the District Attorneys Office, the case will proceed through the criminal justice system in either the Third District Court or the Herriman City Justice Court, depending on the decisions rendered during the screening process.. She then said, 'I p***ed my pants and I'm under arrest?'. In the clip, the pair are seen waking up together in bed, before brushing their teeth, heading to the gym for a workout and shopping at Trader Joe's. Please enter valid email address to continue. Last month, the same day she was officially charged by police, Mortensen took to his TikTok page -- which boasts around 330K followers himself -- to clear up some apparent backlash and/or speculation that came his way in the wake of Paul's arrest. It seems I'm not alone, The Guardian's cartoon of the BBC's ex-chairman is as blatantly anti-Semitic as anything I have ever seen. IE 11 is not supported. Paul was charged after allegedly striking Mortensen with a wooden play set and three heavy, metal chairs during a fight at her Utah home. (Source: Instagram) According to the police record of Salt Lake, She got arrested in Herriman, Utah, and sentenced to jail at 1:56 am. Paul was also charged with one misdemeanor count each of child abuse and criminal mischief. ", Mortensen reiterated that "this whole thing sucks," before referring to "everybody just twisting the stories and making up assumptions." I will be there for her and help her any way I can. She revealed in posts that she and Mortensen had been excited when she became pregnant, but it was an ectopic pregnancy. Taylor Frankie Paul, 28, was arrested for assault, criminal mischief, and domestic violence in the presence of a child, as CrimeOnline previously reported. During the altercation, Paul, 28, threw her phone and a wooden play set at the man, damaging his vehicle, court documents state. EXCLUSIVE: Video shows moment drunk and emotional TikTok star Taylor Frankie Paul is arrested for throwing chair that hit her daughter, 5, admitting she went 'ballistic' after boyfriend refused to .