PebbleTec also offers a variety of pebble finishes as well. If you are worried about the pool over-flowing at night when you are sleeping, just turn the water supply down so that the pool continues to fill more slowly. I have found that all of these things can potentially influence your pools finish. Salt and Pepper. They may damage the new finish or get clogged due to plaster dust: Automated cleaning systemsbuilt-in or robotic, Chemical Feeders OTHER than Oxidation Reduction Potential (ORP) and pH Controllers, Salt-water generators (Waiting up to 6 weeks to add salt may be beneficial). Hi Barco, I think you said in a thread once that you have stonescapes. Because colors vary, there is no guarantee that the actual color will be an exact match to the image shown. From rich blue of a summer evening to the icy effervescence of spring water, these colors combine the classic glass bead colors and premium pigments to give your pool enduring beauty. This can typically be accomplished between day 4 and day 10. The NPT Pool Finish Collection offers a wide array of colors and textures to make your pool as unique as you are. Here are two gorgeous examples: We decided to answer the age old question of whether this one looks better than the Tahoe Blue in this comparison of ours: Tropics Blue vs. Tahoe Blue. However, the issue here is that without a pool finish, the water would mix with the dirt and become dirty, and eventually all of it would seep into the ground. Office: (215) 723-5885 Fax: 215-723-5662. NEVER mix water into chemicals. These charts help you follow the Langelier Saturation Index (LSI) method. Thread starter MarkAZ; Start date Apr 26, 2013; Forums. The biggest downside is the cost. If not it's a good indication the water is cloudy and possibly needs acid. Click here for information on the warranty available with PlasterScapes finishes. "A pebble placed in cement is just that, a pebble placed in cement.". The Midnight Blue PebbleTec might have been darker than you hoped for but there would have been no inconsistencies in the finish.I suggest smacking your pool with a boatload of acid for a wet acidwash and brushing aggressively for days on end. StoneScapes Touch of Glass and Puerto Rico Blend are enhancements which can be added to any StoneScapes pool finish to create pops of color, contrast and high-end look. NOTE: Color samples shown are representations of the actual product and are for identification purposes only. Definitely going for a bright blue this time. At the end of the day, whichever company offers the pool finish that catches your eye the most, budget willing, is likely the one to do business with you. Please consider. NOTE: Color samples shown are representations of the actual product and are for identification purposes only. I went with a black stonescape mini pebble. These procedures are sound technical practices in the industry and are advisory and non-binding. For comparison purposes, plaster finishes tend to cost around $4 per square foot. Brush the entire pool surface thoroughly at least twice daily to remove all plaster dust. Any new postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. StoneScapes Micro Pebble offers a smooth and uniform look in rich and vibrant colors - White, Summit Blue, Aqua Blue, Moraine, Black, French Gray, Kenai Gray and Lake Tekapo. I guess we will see what they come up with and I'll keep everyone posted. In this article, I will discuss what each company can offer you to help you make a more informed decision.if(typeof ez_ad_units!='undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[300,600],'openwaterhq_com-medrectangle-4','ezslot_1',137,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-openwaterhq_com-medrectangle-4-0'); Before delving into the PebbleTec vs StoneScapes debate, I think its really important to discuss whats at stake here. Brush thoroughly twice per day to remove all plaster dust. Test pH, Alkalinity and Calcium Hardness and repeat 1st day, Steps 1 through 5. Toggle navigation . Pebble pool surfaces are becoming much more popular in recent years, and for good reason. A good looking pool finish drastically affects the whole aesthetic of the pool, especially in relation to its surroundings. Brush thoroughly twice per day to remove all plaster dust. I suggest cutting the pump while you brush the sides, then push the dust towards the drain. Midnight Blue. the correct color is in the 2nd picture. Always mix chemicals with water. Basically these are all different aggregate blends within a colored plaster to create slightly different looks and textures. StoneScapes was able to replicate the natural colors of the ocean once water is added into your pool better than PebbleTec.if(typeof ez_ad_units!='undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[336,280],'openwaterhq_com-medrectangle-4','ezslot_5',137,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-openwaterhq_com-medrectangle-4-0'); This gap is further widened by the fact that the Mini Pebble can come in a variety of colors and variations, thus giving customers more options to find the right finish for their pool. The addition of QuartzScapes Reflections to this Midnight Blue pool finish adds reflective sparkle and beauty while Meridian Cobalt pool tile adds rustic charm. StoneScapes finishes have a standard warranty of 10 years which speaks volumes to their durability. SEE LIMITED WARRANTY FOR DETAILS & ADDITIONAL PRODUCT APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS. It is recommended that you brush a PTI pool finish three times a day for the first three days and two times a day for the next ten days. If you want a lower cost, go with StoneScapes. Available in these stunning colors: Aruba Sky, Barbados Blue, French Gray, Sea Mist, Sky Blue and Tahoe Blue. My pool will be green in 2 weeks no? Day Three. Please consider. To maximize the performance and service life of any StoneScapes pool finish make sure to use Lobo NPT Pool Finish Modifier in each batch to achieve the highest compressive strength as well as a more tenacious bond with the substrate as well higher resistance to degradation by chemical imbalance or abuse. If youre in the market for a pebble pool finish, youre likely considering the offerings of NPT Pools StoneScapes Mini Pebble line and PebbleTecs finishes. Some of our partners may process your data as a part of their legitimate business interest without asking for consent. I had a pool resurface with stonescapes Aqua white 3 Collection Touch of glass you are correct the contractor won't return calls which was Coronado pool plastering inc. Sounderton,Pa 18964 (Philadelphia area) and it's impossible to get to the manufacture, attached are photos of spots in my pool and will not come clean. PRODUCT INTENDED FOR USE IN ACCORDANCE WITH STANDARDS ESTABLISHED BY THE NATIONAL PLASTERERS COUNCIL. Top factors to consider when selecting a pool finish, leading companies when it comes to aggregate pool finishes, PebbleTec offers a 5-year limited warranty, StoneScapes generally offers a 10-year limited warranty, StoneScapes Mini Pebble vs PebbleTec Pool Finish. The contractors labor charges are also a big chunk of the total expenditure which is quite variable. These photos are taken in the field, most often on the same day that the chemical start up is performed. Stonescapes is the name for NPT's line of pebble-inspired aggregate pool finishes. We and our partners use cookies to Store and/or access information on a device. When the water is perfectly still I can see some variations in the finish. Home / Pool Finishes / Start Up Procedure. Review Us On Google. Brush the walls and the floor of the finish toward the main drain. In fact, I can see all the plaster imperfections. ;). Low alkalinity should be adjusted to 80 ppm using sodium bicarbonate (baking soda). The primary contractor indicated that after the acid wash (tomorrow) they would use super stain out to pull all the metals out? ColorScapes Caribbean Blue dazzles in this East Coast backyard. Polishing a pool finish has more advantages than just a smooth finish. A newly plastered pool finish is highly susceptible to footprints or pawprints. I have it with Day 1. We have Stonescapes mini pebble in our pool. DO NOT turn on pool heater until there is no plaster dust in the pool. But what is so good about them? Pre-diluted chlorine may now be added to achieve 1.5 to 3 ppm. It is one of the darker shades of blue alongside my personal favorite, the Midnight Blue and this is where the choice gets interesting. Hi everyone, this is the Aqua Blue Stonescapes Mini Pebble - interior pool finish from NPT (National Pool Tile). That said, the Mini Pebble is one of the smoothest finishes you will find out of all the pebble finishes.if(typeof ez_ad_units!='undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[300,250],'openwaterhq_com-box-4','ezslot_7',118,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-openwaterhq_com-box-4-0'); Most homeowners have found the Mini Pebble to be perfectly acceptable for shorter durations, but can start to feel hard on the feet after a prolonged swimming session. Their PebbleFina finish is finely ground to provide the smoothest aggregate finish. buy here pay here semi trucks in tennessee; spring hill obituaries; normal blood pressure for 80 year old woman. As for factors like durability and texture, you can roughly expect comparable results between these options. After seeing these photos I think we need to stick with Pebbletech. Plus, you get the added convenience of them being low-maintenance and durable. Our finish has "darker" and "lighter" areas, but nothing as severe as what you are describing. NPTs high quality pigments achieve rich, consistent, and lasting colors that reflect the beauty of nature. If you would like to change your settings or withdraw consent at any time, the link to do so is in our privacy policy accessible from our home page.. Because colors vary, there is no guarantee that the actual color will be an exact match to the image shown. Check Latest Price. Doing a startup on a fresh replaster using Stonescapes aqua blue mini pebble. This essence can probably be attributed to most of the materials, used in the composition of the pebbles, being natural . Turn off the waterfalls if possible and check contractor's finish work early morning or later afternoon. This punchy shade is a personal favorite of mine. The plasterers put acid on the plaster and then filled . StoneScapes Mini Mebbles are known to be a rather affordable option for the average person striving for a simple and neat residential pool. QuartzScapes Reflections is a specialty aggregate that can be added to any of NPTs QuartzScapes finishes. If you search for "Jeff and Sharon's" pool, I think you will find some more pictures of a stonescape pool. JewelScapes is a glass bead finish that is smooth to the touch and dazzles like gems. However when the actual product was applied it turns out the real aqua white is a completely different color then Pool companys sample at the design center. The Lifetime Limited Warranty is only given to homeowners that hire the QuartzScapes Approved Applicator. Just because the bag is marked with a name - what color specification is the supplier actually held to/committing to? Due to a variety of influences, your actual pool finish & water color may differ from the images shown in this brochure. TheWaterHobby.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. My pool is browner-darker than the Midnight Blue although I specified Tropics Blue as shown by "dogpaddle". Aqua Blue vs Aqua White Mini Pebble Pool Finish. This can't be right? PolishedScapes also features triple sided mirror aggregates which bring dimension, sparkle and beauty to the finish, creating dazzling highlights in the water. Having a robotic cleaner is not a cheap option, but it is well worth the price in the long run. From what I've read, no pebble finish is perfect. Youll love the smooth texture and glistening beauty of PolishedScapes, seen here in Cascade paired with Travertine pavers and Lightwaves Blue pool tile. Whichever fits your budget and looks the most visually appealing to you will probably be the tiebreaker. JavaScript is disabled. Brushed 3 times today.and on the last time, there was hardly any at all. Anyone else heard anything like that? They created the original aggregate pool finish. Try the wet acid wash and lots of brushing, it'll do wonders for your less than desirable finish. StoneScapes Regular has been around for decades and homeowners love the dimensional look and river bottom-like texture of the Regular pebble aggregates. Dip strips are notorious for subjective, often inaccurate results and should not be the sole indicator anyone uses. StoneScapes Puerto Rico Blend is the addition of petite iridescent glass beads that transform ones pool into an island paradise. Aqua Cool. Their PebbleBrilliance finish is arguably the most aesthetically pleasing due to the use of vibrant glass beads. We're going with Frisco Bay Blue from Shasta pools. My finish is Wet Edge Midnight Sea which is also a dark finish. It is a beautiful blue color and not dark at all. Quartz Tile I really appreciate them. There are also darker blue areas that I'm told is the darker blue pebble that either was not mixed well or something. Another great tool is a floating water monitor, such as the pHin, which will measure your pools temperature, sanitizer, and pH levels. Because natural quartz is ten times harder and more durable than marble, it is perfect for both commercial and residential installations. After the 4th Day, calcium levels should be adjusted slowly over the 28-day period not to exceed 200 ppm. Hope this helps. cmc pool: Where are you located? Visit NPTpool.com. Fill the pool to the middle of the skimmer or specified water level without interruption as rapidly as possible with clean, drinkable water to help prevent a bowl ring. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. It is enriched with tiny iridescent glass beads to further enhance the color of the pool water. On the 7th day, if there is any plaster dust remaining remove it using a brush pool vacuum. When building a pool, one of the most important considerations you need to make is what kind of pool finish do you want. I would check dark pebble anyway for contractor rating purposes. PebbleTecs PebbleSheen, PebbleFina, and Original PebbleTec each have their pool tiles cut into different shapes. (CAUTION: Adjustments requiring more than 20 lb. The 10 Year Limited Lifetime Warranty is given to every homeowner that uses StoneScapes in his/her pool. The 10 Year Limited Lifetime Warranty is given to every homeowner that uses QuartzScapes in his/her pool. We use a product by NPT called Stonescapes (tm.) StoneScapes Touch of Glass Tropics Blue pool finish brings rich color and sparkle to this watercolor, paired here with gray paver decking. Maybe you could e-mail some pics to your builder and ask them about doing an acid wash. Don't feel bad for not choosing Pebble Tec. One thing to keep in mind is that pebble finishes are much harder than plaster, regardless of which brand or variation you go with. Cameroon. This weekend I can already see that this was a BIG MISTAKE! So here are a few things to help you decide on a pool finish. Any pebble pool finish, especially those from StoneScapes and PebbleTec, are extremely durable considering they are made from stone. I have the tropics blue and it looks just like the pictures dogpaddle posted. They are also highly resistant to discoloration due to prolonged exposure to UV rays. pH should be reduced to between 7.2 and 7.6 by adding pre-diluted Muriatic Acid if the alkalinity is already 80-100 ppm. Test fill water for pH, alkalinity, calcium hardness and metals. My PB told us to keep the pump on high during brushing, but the chop on the surface made it hard to see what I was doing and I missed some spots. I don't see how. With a fr PROPER WATER CHEMISTRY BALANCE REQUIRED AT ALL TIMES. Additionally, some applicators who really know what they are doing will provide a lifetime warranty for the pools finish. What is my recourse? Do you have a picture to share? Both of these companies offer stone tile finishes that supposedly last a long time, but what happens if they just dont? Furthermore, you get a speciality blend of abalone shells and quartz highlights to add to the magnificence while they are also taking care of the smoothness. Advice please. Their PebbleSheen finish is composed of smaller pebbles that feel more polished and refined. In addition to the Butech and reading up on sequestrants, I am less concerned about metals as my pool is 20+ years old and has been drained and refilled several times without me having any knowledge of sequestrants. (3) Shop your contractor's work thoroughly. Some finishes may include seashells which cannot be guaranteed against degradation or loss of color. www.nptpool.com. The StoneScapes Mini Pebble is smoother than PebbleTec's The Original but loses out in smoothness to the PebbleFina. He indicated my pool guy could service it the very next day. A good pool finish can last for years with proper maintenance and is expensive to replace, so you are making a semi-permanent decision that probably wont be reversed in the near future.if(typeof ez_ad_units!='undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[320,50],'openwaterhq_com-medrectangle-3','ezslot_3',117,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-openwaterhq_com-medrectangle-3-0');if(typeof ez_ad_units!='undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[320,50],'openwaterhq_com-medrectangle-3','ezslot_4',117,'0','1'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-openwaterhq_com-medrectangle-3-0_1');.medrectangle-3-multi-117{border:none!important;display:block!important;float:none!important;line-height:0;margin-bottom:7px!important;margin-left:auto!important;margin-right:auto!important;margin-top:7px!important;max-width:100%!important;min-height:50px;padding:0;text-align:center!important}. StoneScapes Regular Pebble is the biggest pebble NPT offers and is NPTs original pool finish. The first is that the stones were not floated and washed enough to get all of the stones up to the surface. The pebble finish is more expensive coming in at $10.00 per square feet. The reason is simple: TFPC (Trouble Free Pool Care) is a methodology, not a product that you must purchase. But a rather ethereal one, courtesy of the blue-grey white pigmented Portland cement with gold and black quartz aggregates. Due to a variety of influences, your actual pool finish & water color may differ from the images shown in this brochure. NPT PlasterScapes is high quality pigments for traditional plaster pool finishes. Finish selection Stonescapes mini pebblehelp! These advantages make PolishedScapes an excellent finish for a commercial and private pool environment. There are 2 sub-series within JewelScapes Opal: Puerto Rico Blend and Puerto Rico Blend Iridescent. QuartzScapes Regular is comprised of dazzling color options from bright white and sandy beige to exciting green and dramatic black. So lets put them head-to-head. And if youre concerned about a rather notorious resemblance, then no, not the algae green. We used Crystalstones, and although our pool looked splotchy at start up we brushed for 2 weeks and our finish is very even now, although not perfect. Finish your pool with distinction! If you have a spa, do not let it flow into the pool. That said, PebbleTec is no slouch. Note to all readers,I'm not here to pitch PebbleTec products but I'll tell you for fact that this is the simple truth of pebble finishes. Test pH, Alkalinity and Calcium Hardness and repeat 1st day, Steps 1 through 5. Wow, that sounds pricy for startup!! Post author: Post published: April 24, 2023 Post category: jamie vardy interview Post comments: is jack daniels bourbon made in china is jack daniels bourbon made in china See how well critics are rating all PC video game releases at metacritic.com - Page 209 After the 4th Day, calcium levels should be adjusted slowly over the 28-day period not to exceed 200 ppm. Compared to other brands, it can deliver you quite the resilient material while trying not to rip your pocket off of you completely. The first few days are the most important. New pool finish problems with finish and advise needed. Pre-diluted chlorine may now be added to achieve 1.5 to 3 ppm. Therefore, scrapes would hardly ever be an occurrence. Stopping early can leave a ring at the stopping point. NOT TO BE USED ABOVE THE WATER LINE. Its hard to give an exact cost because that depends on labor, construction costs, and the contractor. The Lifetime Limited Warranty is only given to homeowners that hire the PolishedScapes Approved Applicator. Test pH, Carbonate Alkalinity and Calcium Hardness and repeat 1st day, Steps 1 through 5, for the first 14 days. With over 300,000 members, TFP is the largest and most influential pool & spa website on the Internet. I found this guide, ran it by our pool builder, and proceeded. It is included in the TF-Pro bundle. It is the applicator that makes all the difference. StoneScapes Mini Pebble is larger than Micro but smaller than Regular. Aside from these, there are numerous other shades you might want to get to know as well. NPT is not liable for installation issues, deterioration due to water chemistry issues, and improper start up. PebbleTec was established over 35 years ago, whereas StoneScapes is much newer. Depending on how much of an impact one prefers, one can add 1, 2, or 3 bag glass bead formula. The lack of popularity for this finish testifies to that. A startup procedure is the 28-day process of caring for a new pool plaster finish after the pool is filled with water. Get in touch today to learn more about our StoneScapes options! He is right - do not start SWCG or add salt at this time, do not use the heater and do not run a pool cleaner. Messages. They said they have had better results and less warranty issues doing this versus when they used Pebble Tek. (If appropriate for your geographical area), When filling the pool with a garden hose, wrap a clean rag around the end so it doesnt come in direct contact with the pool finish. May not be attractive color many times of day. Holly Springs Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers, Clemson Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers, Hershey Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers, Middle River Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers, Richmond Heights Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers, Draper Decks, Patios & Outdoor Enclosures, Parker Decks, Patios & Outdoor Enclosures, Shirley Decks, Patios & Outdoor Enclosures. The icing on top is that you dont even have to do much maintenance to achieve these results. To find if your builder is an Approved Applicator, you can request their Approved Applicator Certificate for proof. What else would you recommend on other equipment ill need? StoneScapes Mini Pebble is larger than Micro but smaller than Regular. Between the Mini Pebble and the PebbleTec line, PebbleTec has a more modern look whereas the Mini Pebble looks more natural. A 5-gallon bucket is great for pre-diluting chemicals.**. StoneScapes pool finishes are more affordable as they cater to more casual homeowners. We just had our pool built with Stonescapes mini in May. Ingolstadt I Hochwertige Neu- & Umbauten in Ziegel- und Holzbauweise, Mein Benutzererlebnis mit Cookies anpassen, Landscape Architects & Landscape Designers, Outdoor Lighting & Audio/Visual Specialists. For another example, you could also search for laff66. On initial fill the water will look darker and greener. Zanzibar. Their pebble finishes are made with high quality pebbles, seashells, and glass beads to maintain clarity. Its VITAL to perform each step in this guide. If installed properly, these can easily last arond 15 to 25 years. brush your pool. It is simply because it can be, at time, too much for most. Balance the pool and add normal startup chemicals like Cyanuric Acid. As such, PebbleTec has the more solid reputation since theyve been operating for longer.if(typeof ez_ad_units!='undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[250,250],'openwaterhq_com-banner-1','ezslot_8',119,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-openwaterhq_com-banner-1-0'); Both companies have a similar selection of products with regards to the size of the pool pebbles you want. Can you post some pictures? QuartzScapes Caribbean Series finishes bring the beauty of the Caribbeans iconic waters to anyones backyard. Lobo pool finish modifier is recommended for all NPT pool finishes to add strength, durability, and protection of the pool finish. How could that be? Download the. Do NOT use these devices until AFTER the 28 days startup is complete. Also featured on this pool are Oceans Cobalt tile and Scabos Travertine coping and decking. 2023 Pool Corporation, All Rights Reserved. Whether you're planning on surfing the waves or swimming with sea turtles, our articles will take your water sports knowledge to the next level. Can you send me a picture of your Tropics Blue Mini Pebble? The patches without cream look dirty. DO NOT add chlorine for 48 hours. StoneScapes Micro, seen here in White, is the finest aggregate pool finish offered by NPT. It may not display this or other websites correctly. QuartzScapes Regular Tahoe Blue is a customer favorite for its pleasant texture and unforgettable color. Finish your pool with distinction! Assurance of strength and longevity. We were also told that the darker the pebble finish, the more likely it is to get some uneven areas. of CaCl^2 should be pre-diluted and added in 10lb increments morning and afternoon.). The result is a stunning light-colored oasis. This is cheap insurance against metal staining. At a glance, StoneScapes warranty seems far superior to PebbleTecs. pH should be reduced to between 7.2 and 7.6 by adding pre-diluted Muriatic Acid if the alkalinity is already 80-100 ppm. NPT offers both a Standard 10 Year Limited Warranty and a Lifetime Limited Warranty. Autor do post Por ; Data de publicao msu alumni distinguished scholarship competition 2022; is penny mordaunt married em sims 4 apk without verification em sims 4 apk without verification Transform any backyard into a beach oasis with the vivid hues of QuartzScapes Caribbean.