Additionally, this may interfere with the brake-shift interlock, allowing the driver to shift the vehicle out of the "Park" position, without depressing the brake pedal. Although my vehicle is past warranty searching the web it appears this has been a very big problem for Nissan Pathfinders. COOLER ASSY. 2022, CarProblemZoo.com All rights reserved. I have recently been provided a diagnosis that my cooling fan assembly motor and bearings have failed and will need replacement. Read more . After two brand new master cylinders, the problem has not been fixed and will be an ongoing issue for my vehicle. An inoperative rearview camera display reduces the driver's rear visibility, increasing the risk of a crash. I initially thought it was the air conditioning compressor. The code is reading a fuel pressure temp sensor. I take my Pathfinder to my mechanic (brakes, tires, oil change). Nissan North America, Inc. (Nissan) is recalling certain 2022 Pathfinder vehicles. Sounds like a random shop job? Nissan's number for this recall is PC840. CarComplaints.com is an online automotive complaint resource that uses graphs to show automotive defect patterns, based on complaint data submitted by visitors to the site. The most recently reported issues are listed below. problems related to cooling fan (under the engine and engine cooling category). Owner notification letters are expected to be mailed June 10, 2023. It vibrates and can damage the radiator causing a catastrophic failure. Fan bearings in the twin fan shroud have failed and are creating a loud noise and have been known to lead to engine overheating and potential engine trouble. When it was intermittent. When this happens they will issue a recall and exchange the parts for new ones at their expense. Really suprised that is was so expensive and not covered under warranty - 6 months over 3 years. Makes clacking noise due to cooling fan part failure. The Nissan dealership that diagnosed the problem stated that it is common for this vehicle to experience this part failure. The Nissan dealership checked all brake components and could only surmise it must be the master cylinder. Entry 02/23/2020: 2016 Nissan Pathfinder with about just 36,200 miles have engine cooling fan problems - loud clacking noise and engine temperature goes up overheating the engine and shaking/vibrating steering wheel and brake pedal. Become a Fan . Widely available information on web points to wheel bearing failure inside the fan. The servicer reported that while he couldn't diagnose without seeing the vehicle, guessed our radiator fan needed replaced due to being a common problem, not under warranty at approximately 65k ($1800 est. ) This problem is common with Nissan Pathfinder and. 1 Year Limited Warranty. Dealers will reprogram the HPCM software, free of charge. VW Sunroof Leak Lawsuit Settlement Reached, RECALL: Brake Fluid Can Leak Into ABS Pump And Ignite, RECALL: Brake Fluid May Leak Into ABS Pump And Ignite, read stories from drivers who praise our work. That is RIDICULOUS, Cheryl. The same thing happened to me on my 2013 Pathfinder. Cooling Fan Problems of Nissan Pathfinder - part 2. Since this is very common issue affecting most Pathfinder cars Nissan should issue a recall to fix the issue for free. I do not live near dealership, so we called and described symptoms. Noise seemed to only be apparent when a/c turned on. I replaced at my own expense with an aftermarket assembly that has a lifetime warranty. Nissan North America, Inc. (Nissan) is recalling certain 2013-2015 Nissan Pathfinder vehicles. I was told it was dangerous to continue to drive as the vehicle could overheat or it could damage the radiator if it came apart while driving. It happens both when driving and running engine in park. Prices do not include installations. Nissan North America, Inc. (Nissan) is recalling certain model year 2016-2017 Nissan Maxima, 2013-2016 Nissan Altima, NV200, LEAF, Sentra, and Pathfinder, 2014 . Nissan has issued several bulletins on the issue. It doesn't make sense to replace with another Nissan part that will fail in another 50,000 +/- miles. statistics and reliability analysis of the 2016 Nissan Pathfinder based on all problems reported for the 2016 Pathfinder. Vehicle is also regularly cleaned. 00 to fix stating it isnt a warranty item. Select a store to see pricing & availability. Bearings/bushings causing loud, crunching noises when heat or ac is on. Dealer quoted over $1000. Owners describe intermittent lack of power and jerking/shaking or "judder" as Nissan calls it. The complaints are organized into groups with data published by vehicle, vehicle component, and specific problem. SKU # 267187. The complete details of all recalls are listed below, along with. I grew concerned with my families safety each drive and began reaching out to other dealers (2+ hrs away). The contact stated that there was an abnormal rattling sound coming from the front of the vehicle while driving. When this happens they will issue a recall and exchange the parts for new ones at their expense. VerticalScope Inc., 111 Peter Street, Suite 600, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada. My wife first noticed it when the car was stationary in traffic. A missing mounting bolt may allow the seat track to move during a crash, increasing the risk of injury. The Infotainment system software will be updated by a dealer, or through an over-the-air (OTA) update, free of charge. Front vehicle photos 1986-2018 Autodata, Inc. dba Chrome Data. Dealers will inspect and replace the secondary hood latch bracket as necessary, free of charge. Nissan's numbers for this recall are PC867 and PC868. All regular maintenance performed on time, with the exception of brake fluid change. I'm greatly disappointed to be seeing so many others who had this happen to them as well. Nissan North America, Inc. (Nissan) is recalling certain 2021-2022 Rogue, 2022 Frontier, Pathfinder, and Titan rental vehicles. Owners may contact Nissan customer service at 1-800-867-7669. Please also check out the statistics and reliability analysis of the 2013 Nissan Pathfinder based on all problems reported for the 2013 Pathfinder. The complete details of all recalls are listed below, along with what they cover and the recommended solutions. The recall began March 1, 2021. The drivers side cooling fan bearing is bad and now I have to replace the fan which is $1,000 worth of work and I only have 34,000 miles on my vehicle. Nissan North America, Inc. (Nissan) is recalling certain 2022 Pathfinder vehicles. Had transmission rebuilt (Pro).My problem is that when it gets around 35, 8L90E Specs, Performance, and Identification, TH400 Transmission Specs, ID, and Common Problems, Nissan Caravan: Radiator Fan Not Working Diagnosis, Nissan Serena: Radiator Fan Not Working Diagnosis, Mazda 6 P0320: Meaning, Causes, & Diagnosis. I think it is unfair that the cooling fan assembly would fail at 70,000 miles. Good luck!! The electric cooling fan bearings failed at 62,000 miles. Cooling fan assembly failed on 1/26/2019 at 64,xxx miles. Thanks. I immediately attempted to get to the dealership but it was so bad I stopped at another repair shop on the way. The complete details of all recalls are listed below, along with what they cover and the recommended solutions . are trademarks of Autobeef LLC, All rights reserved. There are no open recalls for the cooling fans in a 2015 Nissan Pathfinder. The dealership advise us to keep on fighting for these costs and repairs because it's a wide spread problem with all Nissans cooling fan assembly assembly . I looked it up on line and found a video on you tube, showing how to replace the assembly and I ordered the TYC cooling fan assembly on Amazon for about half what the Nissan assembly was listed for. The failure mileage was approximately 47,400. A light clicking detected outside only on 1/26/2019 at 09:30 hrs, after a <50 mile round trip to purchase the part, eat, and grocery store stop, on 1/26/2019 at 16:00 hrs, a heavy knock could be readily heard outside the vehicle as well as a loud roar and vibrations detected inside the vehicle with all windows closed, stationary vehicle, and engine at idle. If the engine coolant level isnt high enough to keep pressure in the engine it will run hot. Cooling fan went out at 37k miles. First time at 50,529 miles and again at 106,370. all problems of the 2016 Nissan Pathfinder Sorry I don't have the part number since I didn't do the work all I know is the wrong fan came from O'Reilly Auto parts. If it is blown, replacing the fuse will only solve the problem for a very limited period of time. Research indicates this is a common problem the dealers are aware of, however have not issued a recall, extended warranty, or other customer assistance. My families only vehicle, less than 3 years old, 75,000 miles. Noticed the noise first when the wife pulled in but upon restart there was no noise, 5 mins later it was back and the fan assembly was visibly shaking. It is a time to reflect on all of the good things that God has bestowed. On certain Pathfinder vehicles, the secondary hood latch may malfunction and remain in the unlatched, unsecured, position when the hood is closed. 49 , on 02/12/2019 the brand new cooling fan fail again at 112,303 miles , took it to the same dealership had it diagnosed and it was the same problem previous . does not research or authenticate any of the Answers provided. Read more , Continual illumination of the brake lights can prevent other drivers from realizing the vehicle is actually slowing down, increasing the risk of a crash. Recall no. Did not matter if the vehicle was stationary or in motion. NHTSA . Ntb was surprised by the fan condition with it being a fairly new car. On certain sport utility vehicles, some of the brackets used to attach the two gas struts to the rear door (hatch) may have been improperly made. Front vehicle photos 1986-2018 Autodata, Inc. dba Chrome Data. Will think tiwice about another Nissan product for sure. Nissan's numbers for this recall are R21B4 and R21B5. Owners who do not receive the free remedy within a reasonable time should contact Nissan at 1-800-647-7261. Have just under 40,000 miles on my 2017 Nissan Pathfinder and my cooling fan literally wobbles as it spins making a loud noise. I knew that this was not correct so I checked the fan relay and it tested good. Upon inspection at the dealership, I was informed the cooling fan was loose, can't remember the part that holds it in place, but it was busted. The electric cooling fan bearings failed at 62,000 miles. Usually recalls are only issued when a manufacturer notices an exceptional amount of components failing in a certain model. The dealership stated that this too is common on this vehicle style and is a design flaw. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard number 111, "Rear Visibility.". Also please check out the Wire Colors: Red. VQ35DD DIRECT INJECTION (3.5 LITER)<201607 ->, FAN AND SHROUD. Once the temp gets so hot, the ECU commands the radiator fan to come on. seems to be lots of complaints about this in low mileage new Pathfinders. The repair is also very expensive if you have the dealer perform the work. 2016 Nissan Pathfinder Recalls. If the driver inadvertently shift the vehicle out of the "PARK" Read more , If the passenger frontal air bag does not deploy as intended in the event of a crash, the passenger is at an increased risk of injury. I assume this board is quite delicate. 2023 Vehicle History Inc. All Rights Reserved. My Pathfinder was taken to a dealer 9/4/20. This is clearly faulty parts and I would like a refund for the repairs I had to make. Sounds like bad bearing. Every mechanic and auto parts person said this should not have to be replaced this early and with the mileage I have on my vehicle. But, there wont be enough coolant to reach the temperature sensor. Widespread reports of cooling fan bearings failing from 30-60 thousand miles. The Nissan dealership that diagnosed the problem stated that it is common for this vehicle to experience this part failure. The wiring harness itself can go bad. Heater/ac cooling fan crapped out at 45k. PRICE: 16.99. Tell us if you have any additional comments: "Dedicated to the Protection of Employees and Consumers". This fan started making noise (growling) and vibrating. Also please check out the statistics and reliability analysis of Nissan Pathfinder based on all problems reported for . Compare. Tl the contact owns a 2015 Nissan Pathfinder. Issue seems very common as hundreds of owners have similar issue. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard number 202, "Head Restraints.". I was stumped so we took that car to our local Nissan dealer. Recalls don't cost you anything to get fixed, but most are time-limited, so if your car is affected you should call your local Nissan service department immediately! Many Nissan Pathfinder owners are posting similar issues with their cars. If the radiator fan is not working, its a serious problem. I will show you what caused the failure of these fans. My vehicle had 47000 miles and I had noticed the noise a couple of years ago. . Over two weeks, I was experiencing intermittent flashing indicator lights. Nissan will notify owners, and dealers will inspect and, as necessary, either re-install the brake light switch or swap positions with the Automatic Speed Control Device (ASCD) switch; depending on the model year vehicle. Seems like this is a very common problem that Nissan refuses to address. The cost for Nissan to replace it is around $1200CAD for the part, and $750CAD for labour, and of course they want $100CAD to diagnose it. I took it to the dealership and they stated it would be 1k to fix. For more information on how we collect and use this information, please review our Privacy Policy. Let it cool down first. There are no open recalls for the cooling fans in a 2015 Nissan Pathfinder. Of course it was! Nissan Pathfinder owners have reported 68 problems related to cooling fan (under the engine and engine cooling category). I have discovered after market parts are available for around $270CAD and there is some pretty good YouTube videos on how to install it. Cooling fan suddenly started making loud clacking noise as soon as car was turned on and idling. A fan replacement alone would be much less expensive but Nissan only provides a full assembly vs component fix. After that, the order isnt so important. This should be a recall, why buy a new car if it has major problelms at this low mileage. The complete details of all recalls are listed below, along with what they cover and the recommended solutions. I had to pay out-of-pocket to fix my Nissan Pathfinder's cooling fan. We contact Nissan regional office for reimbursement on repairs and parts our records was denied . Based on the number of complaints, there maybe an underlying problem with the part. The complete details of all recalls are listed below, along with what they cover and the recommended solutions. I r/r the assy myself, as I have experience in the automotive repair field, it took me just shy of 2 hours to replace them (time and care was taken). It occurs when there is no more light but only total darkness. Dealer asking $1200 to replace the fan. Nissan's number for this recall is R22A5 PC901 PC902. Total bill was $922. I was able to recreate it in my garage, with the vehicle stationary. all problems of the 2015 Nissan Pathfinder Dealer shop said "wear and tear. Owner notification letters are expected to be mailed July 29, 2022. 00. Fan Clutch The bearing on one of the cooling fans crapped out with only 49,000 miles. If everything else seems on the up and up, the springs in the fan clutch have worn past the point of proper function and can no longer do their job. Yay. Adding coolant to a radiator dry enough not to trigger the engine temp sensor can cause problems from drastic temperature change. Shop Nissan Pathfinder Engine Cooling Fan. Entry 02/23/2020: 2016 Nissan Pathfinder with about just 36,200 miles have engine cooling fan problems - loud clacking noise and engine temperature goes up overheating the engine and shaking/vibrating steering wheel and brake pedal. my warranty expired at 36,000, so the repairs were not covered. Front vehicle photos 1986-2018 Autodata, Inc. dba Chrome Data. When the vehicle is running and gets up to temperature, the cooling fan tries to kick in but doesn't spin the fan. Have it fix at the dealership once again cost us $1016. Official recalls have been issued for the 2016 Nissan Pathfinder by the NHTSA. Absolutely horrible this is not covered under warranty, especially considering it is a very common problem. This prediction is based on data from 2022. 21 parts and labor . This is safety related since if defective it will cause engine overheating specially in hot weather. Because the complete fan shroud (2 fans-radiator and cooling fans) along with a computer module are part of the final assembly the cost to repair is significant ($800). Read more , If the OCS does not detect an adult occupant in the passenger seat, the passenger air bag would be deactivated. Engine cooling fan broke at <60k miles-rattling so much nearly punctured radiator. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard number 113, "Hood Latch System.". Terminal Type: Push-in Probe. If you continue to use this site, you consent to this use of cookies. I'm the guy with the bad ipdm board. Your Nissan Pathfinders radiator fan has one of the most important jobs on the vehicle. RECALLS! Seat backs with separated welds may fail to adequately restrain occupants during a crash, increasing the risk of injury. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. 2014 Nissan Pathfinder Recalls. The same thing happened to me on my 2013 Pathfinder. Cost is 978. I am provided a $1000 estimate to resolve this issue. Nissan is recalling certain model year 2013-2014 Nissan Pathfinder vehicles manufactured April 18, 2012, through September 20, 2013 . Cooling fan failure. Like many others, at 39,913 miles the cooling fans started making a loud clunking noise. It would be nice to know what the wrong part # is, if it looks like the OEM and fits like it, what a debacle that is. See The dealership stated that this too is common on this vehicle style and is a design flaw. Latches/locks/linkages: hood: latch . The car started making a weird fan noise. Since this is very common issue affecting most Pathfinder cars Nissan should issue a recall to fix the issue for free. year to help you gain confidence about one of your largest purchase decisions. With freon being bad for the evironment, one would wonder how a manufacturer would be allowed to let this happen. It doesn't make sense to replace with another Nissan part that will fail in another 50,000 +/- miles. They typically charge $1200 for this repair. The first thing that you would want to do is locate the fuse for your Pathfinders radiator fan and make sure that it hasnt blown. In this video I will take apart the failed Nissan radiator fan assembly. It was somewhere between $900-$1000 for repairs. 46,000 miles. The second-row seat track may be missing a mounting bolt. Summary: Nissan North America, Inc. (Nissan) is recalling certain 2015-2018 Nissan Murano, 2016-2018 Nissan Maxima, and 2017-2019 Nissan Pathfinder and Infiniti QX60 vehicles. Symptoms would dissolve when the a/c was deactivated. I researched this and it is a very common problem. Recall no. Limited-Lifetime Warranty Check if this fits your 2014 Nissan/Datsun Pathfinder Application: OE Original Equipment Fit Notes: Engine Cooling Fan Assembly. Recall List for the 2015 Nissan Pathfinder Official recalls have been issued for the 2015 Nissan Pathfinder by the NHTSA. 2016 Nissan Pathfinder, started making loud clanking noises and vibrating in the front of the vehicle when the air conditioning went on. . Owners may contact Nissan's customer service at 1-800-867-7669. It has been there 2 weeks today and they are still unable to get parts needed for repair and are unable to determine when this will happen. If it does end up being this sensor, they are very affordable. 2022, CarProblemZoo.com All rights reserved. After two brand new master cylinders, the problem has not been fixed and will be an ongoing issue for my vehicle. With freon being bad for the evironment, one would wonder how a manufacturer would be allowed to let this happen. 2016 Nissan Pathfinder, started making loud clanking noises and vibrating in the front of the vehicle when the air conditioning was on (staionary and in motion). Dealers will inspect and replaced the seat assemblies as necessary, free of charge. Your engine temperature sensor is responsible for relaying your engine temp to the ECU. are trademarks of Autobeef LLC, All rights reserved. A brake fluid leak on the circuit board may result in an electrical short, increasing the risk of a fire. All dealers are free to sell at whatever price, mark-up, or margin of profit they may choose. Our law firm, Greenstone Law APC, is investigating claims that 2013-2017 Nissan Pathfinder vehicles may have defective radiator cooling fans. You can edit the name of your vehicle by clicking the pencil icon on the right. cooling fan replaced by local mechanic for approximately $600 with an aftermarket part. This has to be recalled the fans should not go bad this early I have a 2001 Nissan maxima and had never had this issue the 16 years I owned it.