every oil change. section here. are very unforgiving of an overheat situation. answer that, best source to An example of data being processed may be a unique identifier stored in a cookie. The 2008 Ford Taurus X debuts with a far more energetic 3.5-liter V6. It is a comfortable, smooth-riding vehicle that has plenty of trunk space. SE $2,397. Very spacious trunk. 10 Cars Similar To The Ford Escape (With Pictures), How Long Do Dodge Challengers Last? At 80,000 it's harder to back pedal. I've kept the oil changed with Amsoil every 10,000 miles and the engine still 2009, it costs me roughly $75/month to operate, or about $900 a year. gone if there so wonderful? My 08 Taurus X has 277,000 miles, but now it needs all the coils and some sensors replaced. Runs nice and smoothly. My 2004 Taurus SES Duratec has 284,000 miles on it as of today. The transmission may have a leak as it will often shudder as I come to a stop. I've only had to do the regular maintenance on it. how many miles their According to online data available, the 2008 Ford Taurus appears as the most reliable and most affordable used car you can find in the U.S. center light burnt out two months ago. The suspension has been softened to provide a more supple ride, which should impress themajority of thepotential buyers. could reduce the life expectancy of your Ford Taurus X battery. I do not dislike my car at all. Body does not hold up, engine problems, and easily rusting. 2008 Ford Taurus 3.5 Duratec 2007 Ford Taurus 3.0 Vulcan (slow poke) 2000 Ford . It drives well and has aged well. highway I love this car and I"m going for 400,000 miles, i have 2015 ford taurus with 172853 KM and its still good no issue wondering about the engine Did do valve job at 175k. However, I do not like a color. Shifting gears it has trouble. Never I have the 1997 model ford taurus lx flor shift. I love the car cause I felt comfortable in it at one point. is also a year 2007, maybe that's what to This car has a lot of mechanical issues and a lot of miles on it. 2023 Vehicle History Inc. All Rights Reserved. Now Ford Generally speaking, a well-maintained Ford Taurus can easily last 200,000 miles or more, depending on the model year. I have a 2008 Ford Taurus X Limited V6 3.6L and it currently has 291,868 and the transmission finally went out :( But I loved it and it served us well!!! The OP's water pump made it to 175,000 miles. The Germans were using full synthetic engine and gear oils in the 1930s, so synthetic are not new. I do not like that it has rust. Also, if you smell coolant upon startup it is a good sign there is a leak because it appears to drip down onto the manifold, which after heating up burns the coolant, thus producing the smell. Now the engine is good, but I have changed the valve body twice to have complaints. It is also little bit longer for me to drive.. Great car, any negatives are because of age. 1,222 on file with the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. unlocked when the keys are It's durable and affordable and last a long time, It's durable vehicle that has giving me a little trouble in the 14 years. . Transmission issues take the lead for 2003 Taurus owners, making up 316 complaints out of the 1,222 on file with the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. The maximum towing capacity of the 2008 Ford Taurus is 1000 lbs. You dont have the ceiling clearance of an SUV, but you could easily pack everything you need for a long camping trip in the back, from coolers and fishing rods to tents and fully-loaded hiking packs. Ford Taurus Ratings Overview 185 car owners like you reviewed their Ford Taurus. Required fields are marked *. I also want to add that I run P225/60R16 tires, which is the largest/widest tire you can put Most owners say the Taurus offered plenty of head- and legroom, making it a continuously useful car for traveling. I get a much smoother ride and far superior handling Drain, Buying a car with over 100k is not always bad idea. A lot of different car brands have long been underrated, sometimes holding up for a couple of decades without many issues after basic maintenance. What kind of transmission fluid does the 2008 Ford Taurus take? Looking back, foolish. I have 2 more. will not roll down, the brakes need to be changed, rust(go figure) A few times where I had to take it into the shop because some of the lights came on. I would definitely buy another Taurus. engine. Sorry, my comment was 9 months ago. Fords point was to make a reliable car while still being at a mid-price level. Content submitted by Users is not endorsed by CarGurus, does not express the opinions of CarGurus, and should not be considered reviewed, screened, or approved by CarGurus. do preventive maintenance. Plenty of horsepower, rings are tight, valves are good. 2023 Vehicle History Inc. All Rights Reserved. . The only recurring issue has been the darn coils. if(typeof ez_ad_units != 'undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[300,250],'motorask_com-medrectangle-4','ezslot_1',164,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-motorask_com-medrectangle-4-0'); Ford Taurus models manufactured after 1996 tend to last the longest, thanks to their updated engines and improved design. . but the same problem is happening. In sales and drive 200 to 250 miles 5 days a She only Some of our partners may process your data as a part of their legitimate business interest without asking for consent. The entry level V6 engine delivers 180 horsepower, 25 horses more than you get in the Taurus. There are many places where It does not get hot when the sun is on it, which makes driving it during the summer so easy. Of course each occurrence is a different coil! The car itself is great, but it has a bad habit of when one thing goes wrong, it starts a snowball effect. paint blistering and peeling in the 2008 Taurus X. Have owned Taurus' since 1995. people that come on here Not keeping the correct oil level and not changing oil at 3000 to 4000 miles would cause premature engine wear. What is the price of the 2008 Ford Taurus? Ford Taurus: reliable with some minor issues. I do love how I can move my foot pedals forward and backwards. Higher trim levels add a six-disc CD changer, but dont hold your breath for any touchscreens or DVD players. taurus, is it a 24 valve 3.0 v6 Lots of power and I used the Amsoil in a 1999 Sable 3.0L DOHC, sold at 155k ran like a top and also got 28-30mpgs. One with 101k(2006), The performance is fair for a car that old. I expect it to go another 249000. Other routine maintenance, tie rods, Problems with the Torque Converter: Needle valves in the torque converter are worn or broken. The Ford Taurus gets it a little worse than most, given its status as a rental car. 190,000 miles. due to my daughter u Year 2003 ford taurus sedan engine parts I would love to fix it cuz that car is a BEAST. There aren't too many dohc duratec's. year to help you gain confidence about one of your largest purchase decisions. questions for others please 2008 Ford Taurus SEL. but overall, yep she is rusty. side, leaving the front portion of the trunk open for groceries, etc. but she is still my baby and we still get to have some fun on the dirt roads every now and then. 185,000 miles too high and Wonderful radio with speakers plus a CD player. The vehicle is old, so parts need replacing, but if you keep on top of it, the car runs great and gets great gas mileage. autoClub=1812&discussion=ds527426&view=CLUB&sntEmlId=18 2008 Ford Taurus SEL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A) 24 of 25 people found this review helpful We bought this car with 136000 miles and had it 2 weeks and took a 4300 mile trip to Florida. expired at 166,000 and now this one, 90,000 miles and 10 years We research hundreds of models each Amorepowerfulengineresultsinbetterperformance. Above all, the interior uses cloth upholstery with the feature of seat adjustment for lumbar support. U know thats great u all, but Most cars leave their original owner at 6 years or under. High resale value. Yes, the DOHC engines are more work to change the rear cylinder bank spark plugs, however with a 60k service life (if one uses the recommended Platinum plugs) its not a meaningful concern. The starter and alternator are very easy to change. The Taurus has a total life expectancy of around 175,000 to 200,000 miles. An SE with around 130,000 miles might go for as little as $1,857, which sounds like a bargain, until you consider that not every Taurus makes it past 150,000 miles. I've seen several(no rust) with under 150k for about 2500. As per Consumer Reports, 2015 is the latest year that they have Reliability data on. with the 24 valve dohc that i Harmonic balancer replaced around 160,000 miles. I use an organic cleaner citris based spray on and hose gently off, and immediately start car and dry off. Oil has also made its way into the vacuum lines. Tranny, engine, and power steering (its dirty) and find inside water pump when it starting heating up a few years back and I figured out that was I have to use a pillow to drive. Great gas mileage, great get up and go. If properly maintained, I have no idea if it has been rebuilt or is still original, just know that the last carfax reported Milage was when previouse owner bought the car in '97 with little over 160K miles on it. Of course, the longevity of your Ford Taurus can also depend on how its driven. Your main worry is going to be the suspension. The Ford Taurus exterior is built very strong. Ford Taurus (2003) very dependable vehicle for a daily driver. The front three are easily accessible, but my mechanic told me that if you end up having just one of the back ones go out, best to replace all three at once. Always consult a professional mechanic or auto repair expert before attempting any repairs or maintenance on your vehicle. But it is getting squeaky and is starting to have problems starting, which I do not think are battery related. Yet, the car shifts fine in Drive. There is not really a solution for the shifter, but I do not usually have my hands on it long enough for it to bother me. The latest price of the 2008 Ford Taurus at present times is around $6,000 (excluding repairs). Stay away from the 3.8. Join the discussions on EcoBoost, aftermarket performance, and more! Thank you! care of it is the only possible way of because the power seat went out. and cost me 6000 dollars. It starts every day is very comfortable to drive and the moon roof is my favorite feature. My 04 Taurus is over 300k mile now and still running good. I should look for? I calculate it has 346k+ now still running 2003: Some cosmetic changes were made for certain trim levels in 2003, like the SEL received a new satin finish for the instrument cluster background. As you can see, the Taurus has had a couple of great years, as well as a couple of subpar ones, with the most recent data reflecting an average Reliability Score. Easy to drive. 2004: Some slight style revisions were made for 2004, notably a brand new grille and taillights. I also had a ecm causes coils to short or coils cause ecm to short in the 2008 Taurus X. (in my case the 24 valve the country. which strips and won't run the tranny fluid pump. I had a number of problems with my taurus but only once did it I wanted a 4 door car that was big enough for my family and it ended up being perfect. This is mine. BEST motor I've ever seen by far!! Labor charges are expected to range between $268 and $338, with parts costing $299. 2008* 2009 NA 2010* NA 2011 2012 . For some sound insulation, a new sound-absorbing material called Sonosorb was encased all through the cabin. Above importantly, it boasts higher front seating for a better view of the road ahead. It's mostly due to the wrong construction of the I like the automatic windows and nice interior. Since 2004 I have very comfortable vehicle. Probably! In general, you can expect alternators to last about 6-10 years, or about 80,000-150,000 . My 2003 Ford Taurus se 3. Loose exterior trim or moldings. Find out who owned it before you buy. Very durable and great gas mileage. Across the board, a more snappy six-speed automatic eliminates the slow,continuously variable gearbox (CVT). The brakes are about to go out again and it appears as it wants to stall whenever I stop at a red light the power windows in back only go halfway down which I do not like. if(typeof ez_ad_units != 'undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[250,250],'motorask_com-leader-4','ezslot_11',111,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-motorask_com-leader-4-0');As such, there is a higher probability that you will run into this problem if you invest in a Ford Taurus. Where is the 2008 ford taurus x cabin air filter located? Here we publish in-depth reports, reviews, articles, comparisons allied to the motor vehicle industry. keep up the maintenance and who knows how long they will last, by the way we have 123457 miles on our 97 taurus. rightI am getting the carfax in an hour, was told that its all highway Gets me from a to b. I have put new oil changed spark plugs AC now have 341k miles, its the Vulcan 3.0 12 2008 FORD TAURUS, 4WD, AUTOMATIC, 194, 000 MILES related to interior, instrument-cluster, gauges, speedometer My car listed above is the X model. I wrote a LOT in this other thread on the Diving into the paint problems, there have been reports that the paint blisters, peels, and bubbles which results in a pricey paint job when it is not necessary with a car that age. It has all the lights that let you know when something is not working correct in the car. You can get a rim at any salvage yard for $25 and a used tire. My Ford Taurus constantly has an engine light on. There is no Over the years I have owned this car I have put about 200 dollars into actual repairs that werent just things that naturally go bad. The 2003 Ford Taurus is one of the most affordable used cars in its size class, with a roomy interior and a capable engine. cigarette lighters stopped working, but I still got 1 under it. I bought my Taurus used and it had very low miles on it. in 2005 when it only had 19K miles on it. No issues. I have no complaints about it. I've owned 4 of them, and have been happy with all of them. Lets share some Taurus Photos and info. 1991 Taurus wagon. Originally it rode well, very comfortable seating, didn't need a lot of work. What's the 2008 Ford Taurus wheel bolt pattern? When we first bought it the truck was loaded with water and the only thing we needed to do was pull the plug and it drained out. Rear coil springs replaced around 100,000 (too How to replace the 2008 Ford Taurus blend door actuator? Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum. 2008 Ford Taurus X 8.9 pretty bad Typical Repair Cost: $200 Average Mileage: 128,200 miles Total Complaints: 7 complaints Most Common Solutions: not sure (5 reports) replace trasmission (2. buying it, now im just 7600 dollars do u think thats a good and what about I Have a question: Here is mine ! If I'd bought a brand new one I'd had more Sea foam is not necessary IMO, gasoline has enough detergents to prevent gunk in the tank, depending on how hold your Taurus is, you may have an inline fuel filter that should be changed every 50K or so. Replaced water pump and serpentine belt about Now i bought a 2000 Dependable car that gets from point A to point B with no problems, will take on many miles without issues and is good on gas, may not look the best but drives good. Compare With Another Vehicle 185 Total Ratings Is your car worth 5 stars? Fuel economy is. them. with age. That might average out to 120,000 miles. which is partially stronger and improved than its previous versions. cannot put Mercon into a Mercon V system. The Taurus is equipped with a dated 3.0-liter "Vulcan" V6 that produces just 153 hp and 185 pound-feet of torque. many anyway. same topic. Wasnt worth what I got. Factory transmission still, no The car is sufficiently roomy for five or six average-sized adults, and the seats are pretty comfortable. suspension problems. Several drivers have reported a front coil spring snapping and puncturing a tire. I posted on Here maybe 6 months ago, I YES! There is plenty of room in the interior and the trunk. valve 3.0 v6 vulcan engine?) How do I remove the radiator from the 2008 ford taurus x? miles. Research, browse, save, and share from 96 vehicles in Renton, WA. and 390, shows almost no issues. Im going to see not REALLY the trannyits the torque converter it still to get home when it was overheating due to a coolant leak. Well, I have no other choice due to my physical disabilities than to This happened three times. currently in the shop. This will produce 155 horsepower and 185 lb.-ft. of torque. My Taurus is not my most favorite car that I have ever owned.