And as you can see, it made a huge difference! Click Here: https://bit.ly/2JNTRSw\r\rBusiness Inquiries: [email protected]\r\rFTC: NOT SPONSORED! Related:12 Inventive Ideas for a Budget Backsplash. Funny Story: Our 4 year old keeps telling me I messed up the painting because I made some of the rays white. I used Sherwin-Williams Harmony Interior Acrylic Latex Paint in Pure White 7005 for the entire apartment (I needed about 5 gallons). Use Peel-and-Stick Tile. We chose this removable, renter-friendly vinyl sticker in a bright blue pattern because we just, Progress shot of our rental-friendly bathroom floor transformation, Before and After: A Colorful Renter-Friendly Bathroom Makeover, If youre loving this post and looking for more tips like these, download our. Although pricier than wallpaper, peel-and-stick paper can be affordable when used in a small area like a backsplash. Check out my Junk Drawer | Organize With Me video to get those junk drawers cleared out and useful. This compensation comes from two main sources. Use tab to navigate through the menu items. Is Your Home In Need Of A Bathroom Remodel? Some continual maintenance is required Ive had to trim peeling corners with a box cutter and replace a few that came up entirely. While working within the parameters of your lease, its more than possible to do some renter-friendly bathroom updates. It also allowed me to add this large artwork in a visually prominent spot. Free Standard Shipping on Orders $199+ View Details How I Transformed My Rental Bathroom Without Remodeling a Thing Save Article Home Hacks How I Transformed My Rental Bathroom Without Remodeling a Thing The best part? I recently replaced all the hardware on Henrys dated dressers and had some pulls and knobs leftover. Then when I added the hanging storage on the wall (a system we already had), the introduction of the black with the yellow resulted in such an unexpected but very happy combination that I just rolled with. First, we provide paid placements to advertisers to present their offers. Read on for our list and then get your DIY on worry-free. I think you did Replacing a bathroom faucet seems like a big task! For the two of us, it took less than an hour to install the temporary bathroom flooring, but I can admit we miiiiight have rushed it a bit. If you find them useful, weve also got a free cheat sheet you can download with lots of similar tips. Plus, once you get tired of the design, simply remove and try something fresh and new. Bring on the bright, bold colors!! But believe it or not, its easy and pretty cheap to replace them! Want a fresh start with minimal effort? Getting rid of the old towel bar got me some space for a shelving unit. The result is such a happy space that even I cant believe was done with all removable products! Peel-and-stick contact paper is available in a range of styles, including marble, wood-tone, tile and more. In the shower itself, we rely on some other peel-and-stick products to hold our bath essentials. The removable wallpaper from The Happy Planner is just what you need. Rental-Friendly Bathroom Update Ideas. Its both fun AND functional for our boys, filled with smart products and fully removable updates. These corner baskets (left) are super sturdy and roomy enough to hold big bottles and toys, while these extra-large suction hooks (right) keep loofas handy. On the other hand, if you are stuck with a builder-grade mirror, you can take it to the next level by adding a custom frame. Moms art is too I booted the standard brushed silver towel bars in favor of matte black towel hooks. Once in place, the hooks should be strong enough to hold the weight of a range of essentials like framed photos, tea towels and. Get expert advice on your home, design tips, how much to pay for pros and hiring experts, delivered to you daily. Renter Friendly Makeover that is easy \u0026 simple! abstract for the practical thinker you have..maybe some yellow ombre This toothbrush organizer mounts to the wall with suction cups, not leaving any marks or scuffs. Download our free cheat sheet of quick, inexpensive improvements you can make TODAY. Talk about lucky that the pulls and knobs fit the existing hardware holesperfectly. Instead of spending a ton of cash on custom shades for your temporary digs, make your own for a fraction of the price. They come in all different colors and patterns, including classic tile designs, marble and more. Related: 7 Essential Wallpaper Tools Under $20. Next, we needed to tackle this rental bathroom floor. When it's time to move out, peel away the fabric to reveal a clean surface. This site does not include all companies or products available within the market. With knobs, its even simpler. Sherwin-Williams was kind enough to gift me a few gallons of paint for this project! Renting and making the space feel like your own are not mutually exclusive. Before and After: You'll Swoon Over This $125 Rental-Friendly Bathroom Makeover | Apartment Therapy The Small/Cool Contest Is Back for 2023 Here's How to Enter! Gather a selection of washi tape (you can find plenty to choose from on Etsy),then cut pieces that can be mixed and matched and applied to a bland doorway to brighten your entryway in minutes. I cant wait to hear what you think of this happy bathroom makeover. This super cool rental space transformation idea makes the most out of a small bathroom, and the upgrades can be easily removed when you have to move out. But fear not! It looks grrrreat, and I would think the sun is yellow also. Sam is a full time psychologist and part time content creator from Long Island, New York. I decided to do a big makeover this. For customizing a dreadful rental restroom, you dont need a full-blown renovation. But actually, this was one of the easiest changes in the project, taking no more than 30 minutes to complete. You did it! But fear not! Let your bathroom reflect your personality. DIY BATHROOM MAKEOVER ON A BUDGET | RENTER FRIENDLY - YouTube 0:00 / 21:08 DIY BATHROOM MAKEOVER ON A BUDGET | RENTER FRIENDLY Kristen McGowan 1.63M subscribers Subscribe 182K Share. When you cant be bothered to find studs and hang a heavy mirror, go for an easier option, like this triptych mirror that can easily be propped up on a vanity or cabinet. Related:10 Easy Ways to Update Your Kitchen Cabinets. So I pulled them down (and have them safely stored under the bathroom sink so they can be put back before we move out), and filled the holes. Peel-and-stick wallpaper is a popular option among renters and homeowners alike. So thats the project! Wall paint: already had a gallon of the Pure White by Sherwin Williams. Installation took about an hour. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Love it! I used the Eg-shel finish for the living room, bedroom, and bathroom, and the Semi-Gloss finish for the kitchen and bathroom. I found this one on Facebook Marketplace which, by the way, is my secret weapon for secondhand shopping for $20. Dont underestimate the difference that quality decor can make at updating your bathroom. These magnetic hooks are super heavy duty, holding up to eight pounds each. Our budget friendly bathroom makeover ideas will give you plenty of before and after inspiration, no matter what your taste or price point may be. You can learn more about this storage system HERE and how I monogrammed the cups for our boys HERE. Thanks & Welcome to the Forbes Home Improvement Community! I am very curious, though did the wallpaper on the floor make it less slick? Thankfully, we planned to use it for our three young boys, so the bright and playful color wasnt too much of an issue. The floor is definitely my favorite part, but the pops of yellow are also unexpected (especially for me!) May 1, 2023 2:58 PM EDT. Sometimes the best kitchen updates are the simplest. I also added this fun, inspirational wallpaper to the insides of the cabinets and drawers. We have one next to the sink and two next to the shower. Get all the clutter off of your bathroom sink and add some storage while you are at it. 1. 6 of the Best Rental-Friendly Home Makeovers We Saw in 2021 Starting at Just $85 Kelly Dawson Kelly Dawson Kelly Dawson is a media consultant based in Los Angeles. The truth is, this rental bathroom makeover was on the top of my To Do List for much of the last year, but I just couldnt come up with an inspiring direction to take it. I am a military spouse, mom to 3 young boys, and a constant creator. Classic handles and knobs are available at large home improvement stores or you can search for more eclectic options through retailers like Anthropologie, Hobby Lobby and Amazon. ), 1 White Shower Curtain | 2- Marble Shower Curtain Hooks | 3 Cricut Joy Smart Vinyl | 4 Suction Cup Hooks | 5 Corner Shower Caddy | 6 Classic Turkish Towel Set | 7 Black & White Peel-and-Stick Wallpaper | 8 Modern Towel Hook, Matte Black | 9 Black Drawer Pulls | 10 T-bar Cabinet Pulls | 11 IKEA Trogen Stool | 12 IKEA Fintorp Hooks | 13 IKEA Fintorp White Bucket Container | 14 Plastic Yellow Cups | 15 Sunburst Wall Art. After combing Amazon for wallpapers that were inexpensive and looked like tile, I landed on this really fun geometric paper. Try this peel and stick paper instead, sold in a variety of stunning floral patterns from Rifle Paper Co. Over on the other side of the bathroom, I hung this vibrant sunshine artwhich was actually a DIY kit I bought HERE. Sharing with you various ways you can transform your dated bathroom using renter friendly solutions! We chose this removable, renter-friendly vinyl sticker in a bright blue pattern because we just loved the turquoise against the lilac and the good vibes it brought into the room. The flooring I have allows me to easily remove the tiles and if there is a slight struggle a heat gun can assist with the removal. Im so in love with the deep green I chose for the space! she says. (Remember, I didnt really have a plan in place for this bathroomone thing just led to another!) Do it when kids are at school or sleeping so that it has time to dry and the kids dont rub on it and get it on their clothes when they wash hands or brush teeth. 12 Inventive Ideas for a Budget Backsplash, 10 Easy Ways to Update Your Kitchen Cabinets, Buy or DIY: 10 Room Dividers to Remake Your Space, 8 Ways to Stop Hating Your FloorWithout Replacing It, 7 Clever Ways for Hooks to Streamline Your Life, 8 Things You Never See on the Dining Table Anymore, 25 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements, The Top 10 Home Trends DIY Bloggers Hope Disappear in 2021, 20 Incredible Ideas for a DIY Storage Bench, House Tour: Redondo Beach Container House. 1. 2023 Forbes Media LLC. She was so surprised at how easy and affordable it was to take her bathroom from her least favorite room to the absolute best part of her apartment. Then they will look new and clean. There are some stunning 3D options that are complete with the look and feel of tile, just without the messiness of grout. You dont have to shell out hundreds of dollars to paper your walls. Totally renter-friendly (no residue when removed), Improves the mood of your bathroom like you would NOT believe. What to Know About Renter-Friendly Bathroom Updates, when applying peel-and-stick wallpaper to bathroom walls. Thankfully, this is easy enough to update even without much expertise. Adding some sort of liner to your rentals cabinets and drawers is a smart idea for lots of reasons. When in doubt, ask for approval before starting updates and get the conversation in writing, such as via email. Cost: $190. First, it can protect the wood cabinetry from spills, stains, and other damage that can be difficult to clean or fix. I continue to read your blog because its *not* just a copy of what everyone else is doing. I picked the Tassled Antioch Shower Curtain from Anthropologie (in charcoal, which is sadly not available at the time of writing) because that color matched perfectly with the new floor tiles. Research the type of flooring you have to ensure there will be no damages to the original flooring. #smallbathroommakeover #bathroommakeover #diybathroommakeover #bathroom #roommakeover #rentersfriendly #renterfriendly #organizewithme #organize #clean #creativityonadime #peelandsticktiles #peelandstickflooring #contactpaper #shower #rollingcarts #targetstyle #focalpoint #esty #art #diyproject #diy #organization But it has been nearly a year without any peeling. She is a prolific writer for notable publications including Cup of Jo, Vox, AFAR, Dwell, Martha Stewart Living, McSweeney's and Architectural Digest. For my bathroom, I used the Inky Bud tiles from Mirth Studio. I hope this video gives you some inspiration for your own bathroom if I can do it you can do!! I got the Joie Shag Runner from Urban Outfitters (in cream). From: LABLstudio We Recommend Paint Color: Sherwin Williams Sea Isle | Script Wallpaper | Extra-Long White Shower Curtain | Marble Shower Curtain Hooks | Towel Hooks | Yellow Cups. Get prequalified in minutes by clicking on your state. Choose from an array of simple and elegant patterns and colors, cut to size and then stick to the wall or flat surface. This rental bathroom makeover was such a fun and unexpected surprise! Simply hold each hook in place for about a minute to help it adhere. With a huge selection of designs, murals and more, there is bound to be something for every aesthetic. The toilet brush holder and toilet roll holder next to the toilet are both from Wilko that we owned from the small toilet in our last home. When autocomplete results are available use up and down arrows to review and enter to select. So a renters delight to make it look newer than it really is. To start, Madeline painted the ceiling and upper half of the room white just to brighten up the space and see what I had to work with, she says. Id say it easily took less than 2 hours to do this part of the transformation. Give your dull rental bathroom a delightful facelift and the much-needed character like this blogger does with his space. I once had the same oak vanity and a can of Howards Restor-A-Finish in oak (Home Depot) that you wipe on with a paper towel will make it look so new, youll be amazed! We independently select these productsif you buy from one of our links, we may earn a commission. Tired of your drab bathroom tile? That custom shelving unit in your dining room that youd love to repaint? But then I picked up this yellow step stool at IKEA and it started to shift me in a different direction. a good job on the picture! This particular design is six feet tall and folds up neatly so you can partition a room when you want to, then tuck the divider in a closet when youre ready to entertain. There was an error submitting your subscription. In a forever home, Id install a fresh rod; but this easy update is a great solution when you just want a quick and temporary fix! Make an account and check out their bestselling prints and photos for every room in the house. Reflect your taste by making some thoughtful, temporary upgrades in the rental bathroom to make a noticeable difference. All prices were accurate at the time of publishing. We then hung these awesome towel hooks instead. Copyright 2021 Loving Quarters LLC. Then, all you need are a few tension rods per window and iron-on hem tape to make your own totally affordable faux Roman shades. Copyright 2021 Loving Quarters LLC. Im a painter for 20 plus years to update the cabinet just get an old rag and wipe it down with old english. 2. If you find them useful, weve also got, Nothing changes up a room like a fresh coat of paint. If youre looking to make design improvements like these in your home, weve got you covered. Love all these ideas and honestly Im so sick of bloggers making kids spaces way too bland and grown up. I decided to do a big makeover this week and it all started with Washi Tape! Changing out the fabric items in your bathroom is a quick and easy way to redecorate. Talk about a win-win update! But Ive circled back around lately, realizing that peel-and-stick products can go a long way in masking unsightly surfaces, ultimately helping me love a space a whole lot more. Aside from the bright wall color, this bathroom featured a pretty standard-but-dated builder-basic cabinet, tiled shower with tub, and (super slippery) white tile floor. Switching out the hardware on your kitchen cabinets can have a huge impact on the look of your room with very little effort or expense on your partplus this upgrade is totally reversible. Katie needed a shower curtain, so we added that and raised the height of the shower rod to make the ceiling feel taller. The total cost was $1,176.06. The information and savings numbers depicted above are for demonstration purposes only, and your results may vary. and super fun. The space felt sterile, lifeless, and not at all a reflection of who she is or what she envisioned her bathroom to be like. Then simply hang the panels up with Sticky Back Velcro tape and firmly press the board to the wall. Sam Raimondi. Before and After: A Colorful Rental-Friendly Bathroom Makeover, When we sat down to talk with our client (and friend) Katie about her space, one of the first things she said was that she hated her bathroom. You can give even the most dated small bathroom a modern look with the right paint, cabinets, and sink hardware. Especially when its time to move out and you are looking for a new paint job and spackling when all you want to do is move on. All Rights Reserved. Although our boys didnt need much in here in terms of storage or decor, I couldnt leave this blank canvas alone! My Renter-Friendly Bathroom Makeover. As the last step for my new bathroom, I wanted to liven the place up with some greenery. Bathroom Makeover Alison Goldman Alison Goldman Special Projects Director I've watched countless bathroom improvement videos and I can guarantee that my tips are NOT mentioned in any of them. I told him I liked it that way, but he reminds me (almost daily) that he still doesnt approve of my artistic choice! Here is the budget breakdown and sources for everything I purchased. I agree to receive the Forbes Home newsletter via e-mail. Why should the walls have all the fun? Just because you're renting doesn't mean your space can't feel like home. Sadly, when we saw the room, we had to agree - she was in desperate need of a renter bathroom upgrade. After all, even if youre able to paint with permission from your landlord, cabinets, tiles, and flooring are all permanent items. would make your young son think it looks more realistic. Better yet, so many ideas are simple to DIY and are affordableso you wont feel bad if you have to undo the updates when its time to move. Finally, these surfaces are easy places to add a fun pop of color or pattern, especially when replacing or painting cabinets is out of the question! Because the glue is water soluble, I was worried at first that the beadboard might begin to peel after a few too many hot showers. With some clever renter-friendly renovation techniques, you can completely change the mood of your space! Unless youre one of the lucky ones, chances are good that your landlord didnt invest much in a quality showerhead. Extreme DIY Bathroom Makeover On A Budget! Renter-Friendly Ways To Update Your Bathroom, {{ tocState.toggleTocShowMore ? Even applying one or two of these in your space can still make a huge improvement! While we work hard to provide accurate and up to date information that we think you will find relevant, Forbes Home does not and cannot guarantee that any information provided is complete and makes no representations or warranties in connection thereto, nor to the accuracy or applicability thereof. Your email address will not be published. Its wise to be crystal clear about the terms of your lease agreementideally before you sign your name on the dotted line. On a whim, I grabbed a roll of black matte vinyl, cut a length to match the rod, and wrapped it around. The compensation we receive for those placements affects how and where advertisers offers appear on the site. She's held editorial positions at Boston.com, WomensHealthMag.com, and Glamour magazine. Weve said it before and well say it again the easiest and cheapest way to transform a space is paint. It will transform your space and make getting ready in the morning a luxurious moment, plus, no scratches or strain on your walls.