Would definitely recommend. We enjoyed the food ourselves (Gina and an assistant made sure that in the chaos we got tastes of the cocktail hour offerings and plates of selections from each of our Italian, Mexican, and American dinner stations, so we didn't have the issue of not eating that you hear of from so many other brides and grooms) and we've heard nothing but good feedback from our guests. It was condescending and I got a good mansplaining for five minutes how i needed to watch my drinking for the evening. Although, my husband and I didn't get much time to eat, we were waited on hand and foot and never wanted for anything! My husband and I went back to TCA after the wedding just to say 'goodbye'. They went above and beyond to make the day more magical than we could even dream! We want to extend our heartfelt thanks for all the work you did to make Amy and Joshs wedding day truly their best day ever. Gina really helped us to make our day exactly as we had planned to every last detail! Overall, I could not have asked for a more perfect venue and staff for our wedding day, and I wouldn't change a thing! In the intimate photos, the 26-year-old Olympic gymnast wore a four-tiered Selfie Leslie dress as she celebrated her courthouse wedding with the 27-year-old NFL player. We were married in the beautiful Priory and had our reception in the Hellenic room. Overall, I would recommend The Columbus Athenaeum to anyone considering a Downtown Columbus wedding. There was hardly any communication between the employees when it came to questions I had about my wedding. :). Jackie was our coordinator and she was absolutely phenomenal. Situated in the heart of Beacon Hill, our unique and historic atmosphere make us a splendid setting for weddings, corporate receptions, private dinners, and the like. nd decently angry staff. We had no issues with this and the vendors for the reception that are on their list know about this and plan accordingly as well. CORPORATE EVENT PLANNING Take advantage of our central location by booking rooms at nearby hotels and entertaining guests at downtown's many attractions. The venue itself was perfect. Save. It was a dream come true for the bride and groom! They are simply the best. The Columbus Athenaeum - Venue - Columbus, OH - WeddingWire She was told it was late, they wanted to go home and she could come back Monday. ony, cocktail hour, and reception, along with how beautiful and unique the venue was. But other than that, the food was amazing, the staff the night of the wedding catered to us to make it as simple and help us have Definitely just like all the reviews say! We were married in the Priory and had our reception in the Small Theater. Also, there are a lot of people attending other weddings around, but I will say that I only noticed this one time. Suitable for wedding ceremonies and receptions, this venue is in the heart of downtown Columbus near various 4-star hotels and two international airports. When neither the Station Menu or the heavy Hors D'oeuvres menu was exactly what we wanted, she worked with us to choose options from both, as well as some "unseen" options that ended up working exactly how we wanted. We had a great experience from beginning to end-- I don't have a single complaint. Everything we chose was absolutely delicious and the meal was very reasonably priced. As it turns out, Biles purchased the Selfie Leslie dress this April, as well as the wide-fit strappy sandals from Pretty Little Thing that she wore in her rooftop . I chose it because it was very convenient (they helped me plan every little detail) and because it was BEAUTIFUL!!! I had not considered the Athenaeum as I figured it was well out of my price range- it wa Gina was fantastic with all of our planning and questions. And rather than 3 stars; we will explain why here in a minute. r us (a huge load of stress off of our shoulders!). ouldn't have asked for a better venue or team to work with! When the appetizers came to my husband and my table, they were cold and when we asked for a hot plate they said there were no more but she would double check. :) We were actually able to enjoy ourselves at our wedding. al. e to life. Book a Room - Chautauqua Institution The food at the tasting was not good. They were absolutely correct! They more than exceeded our expectations! God Bless you all! PDF The Athenaeum Hotel at Chautauqua Institution WEDDINGS I am sorry, but this person is PAID to be there and she left our reception to be who knows where. Jackie was made our wedding process super easy. The ceremony and re As a family, we have officially completed our third wedding at The Columbus Athenaeum. She took care of everything. Last, the day of the wedding. Athenaeum Hotel receptions. This place was awesome!! First up, The Athenaeum at Cal Tech in Pasadena, California. The rooms are so stately that we used very little additional decorations. It honestly felt like our dream wedding from start t Our wedding at the Athenaeum was amazing! We did lots of research on several types of venues including DIY style, and the cost for 160 guests at the Athenaeum was one of the most affordable options. We left feeling full, relieved, and with brand new selections for our wedding menu. Through the 18 months that I worked with Gina Cristofani, she was nothing but To the Columbus Athenaeum and Gina, our wedding planner: Thank you for making Jess and Larry's wedding very special. The planning was simple. You and your guests can enjoy a special art exhibit amidst one of the few remaining examples of neo-classical Greek Revival architecture in Alexandria. I wasnt able to sample everything but it wasnt from a lack of trying!!! We were married in the Priory and had our reception in the Small Theatre. We used the Macedonian Room for our ceremony and it was beautiful and fit all of our 180 guests. The stress this caused was unnecessary and it completely ruined this bridesmaids night as well as created a lot of tension trying to find this bag with all of her information in it. We had a large guest list and they were able to accommodate on everything!! The Columbus Athenaeum was a lovely venue for our wedding reception! We probably saw her 1-2 times during the afternoon at the reception, and not existent for the end of it. She returned later after checking the hotel and with other party-goers and begged them to please check the reception one more time. Being located downtown is another added plus!! The bride and groom had not requested this. Well that is fine if you think that but you should never say that to a client. I would talk to my coordinator and then come in Nate & I just had our reception at the TCA on November 4th. The staff at TCA are exceptional. She was there with me the day of our wedding and was really fantastic. One of our friends who is a very picky eater couldnt wait to tell us she loved everything! All of our guests raved about the venue, from the reception room and food, as well as the ceremony room and decorations. I would highly recommend the Athenaeum to anyone who needs to host a big event in Columbus. Boston Athenum - Boston, MA - Meeting Venue and speak to someone else and they would have no idea what I'm talking about or contradict what I was told by my coordinator. The only complaint I have is with the hours it's really hard to work full time and get things done. I couldn't has asked for a better wedding, and the Columbus Athenaeum made it happen! TCA is THE BEST wedding venue in downtown Columbus, if not, the whole state of Ohio! My guest are still raving! The Athenaeum at Cal Tech Wedding. Our ceremony was in the Priory and reception in the Oak Room. She had some really great ideas and we couldnt have been happier with how everything looked. She was patient with us through all of our changes. The food at the reception was also wonderful, so good! I cannot thank Gina and the staff at The Athenaeum enough for creating the perfect ceremony and reception for our special day! This venue is very unique and perfect for a downtown wedding. They were great to work wi We cannot thank Gina and the rest of the amazing staff enough for all of their hard work! We had a lot of difficulty after the wedding. This venue was absolutely amazing!!!! A 4-hour minimum rental is required. They got us drinks and food, helped direct guests, and facilitate in load out. had to plan a wedding in just under 6 months, with him on the other side of the country and me with a full time job and graduate school, so I needed a full-service venue that would make this process as painless as possible. If you order too much, you can keep unopened beer and wine, but not spirits. The upstairs galleries hold up to 125 people for standing parties or 60 people for seated reception with a dance floor or 80 people without a dance floor. and the night was better than we could have ever imagined. Each wedding was very unique be We recently had our sons wedding ceremony and reception at the Columbus Athenaeum. Reserving the Athenaeum Rental Fee: The venue rental fee is $275/hour Monday-Thursday, $445/hour Friday & Sunday, $545/hour on Saturday, and $600/hour on federal holidays. The Columbus Athenaeum is a historic venue located in Columbus, OH. We chose 4 specialty drinks in honor of our 4 cats and the bartenders made each drink taste so good. The program timeline was perfect. Every time I stopped in to make a payment or drop off a contract, the staff made me feel like I was their only client, when in fact they do hundreds events a year. b carving station for dinner. This was the very first drink I ordered. It was so great that we were able to drop off all our decorations & they made my vision for my wedding come to life. There was not one thing that I had to worry about the entire night. I couldn't have chosen a better Venue! To help you and your soon-to-be spouse plan ahead, here are the national average wedding expenses for services in 2023, based on a total budget of around $29,000: Wedding venue: $6,500-$12,000. 3/They are also very strict with load-in and load-out times. We had our reception within the Large Theatre. We were able to have all of our guests park at the 4th and Elm Garage (the Atheneaum even provided a parking map that we could share with our guests). Guests LOVED the food and they also liked that the dance floor was on stage. The staff at the Athenaeum is incredibly helpful and made the process so easy (Jackie is amazing)! The Athenaeum Hotel at Chautauqua Institution provides a gorgeous lakeside venue perfect for your special event. The Columbus Athenaeum put on our dream wedding! They can also provide a photo booth and you can also have them make your wedding cake for you. The Athenaeum is a private membership club on the campus of the. But it was all better when we got to work with Gina! By clicking 'Request Quote', you agree that your information will be shared with the vendor and used to create an account on TheKnot.com. If you want as stress free a wedding as possible, go with this venue. It grew rapidly as it voraciously acquired books, art, and rare artifacts. She was a powerhouse and helped create the most beautiful event and gave me everything I needed and wanted. See all (8) Enhance this page - Upload photos! Thank you all so much for making my daughter and her new husbands wedding so wonderful and memorable. The coordinator left out the part that she WAS NOT a part of the rehearsal, and it was on us to do it. That would have been great, except she was flying out of state the following day (sunday). I especially want to point out TCA was beyond accommodating to dietary needs. The space is gorgeous, convenient to so many hotels and restaurants and such a classic and historic feel. For any event inquiries, please contact our Private Events office at (626) 395-8280 or (626) 395-8263, and one of our event experts will be happy to assist you. Sign up on The Knot to reach more couples and book more weddings! The staff lost our cake knife & server, and we had to use theirs. Below you'll find a complete wedding budget breakdown, based on the average total costs of UK wedding suppliers. We had questions about the menu but unable to speak with the Chef at the tasting reception after we had specifically been told they'd send him over. Natasha was great to work with and helped ease the stress of the many details required to put together a wedding! We strive to create the best wedding reception experience as possible while upholding our legal responsibility with alcohol service. Neither my husband nor I were very creative when it came to choosing a look for our wedding. Overall, we were very happy with our venue choice. We live two hours away and loved that we had a coordina We worked with Gina for our wedding and she was great! Large Theater. Overall, it was very affordable and much cheaper than most of the We cannot thank the Columbus Athenaeum enough for the PERFECT wedding! Everything was perfect the day of and the coordinators at The Athenaeum were very helpful throughout the day! I cannot thank you enough! The Columbus Athenaeum was PERFECT for our wedding ceremony (Priory) and reception (Small Theater). We got married in the Priory room. By the end of all this, we felt like they were family. Both spaces were absolutely stunning. I wrote this off and just asked the lady for a different drink instead and figured that'd be the end. I would definitely suggest The Columbus Athenaeum to other brides or people looking for an event space. If this your aesthetic - the price point and food are pretty decent. The whole Athenaeum staff was amazing and my wedding was everything I wanted and more. Experienced staff, alongside the venues executive chef, prepares sophisticated cuisine and takes care of each careful detail. We held our reception in the Olympian Ballroom. However, the staff came straight to me once we ran out of wine. rything on schedule on the big day, but without being strict or pushy with us on the timeline - it was a perfect balance of allowing us to have fun but still making sure we got in everything we wanted to do. th throughout the whole planning process, and promptly responded to my emails whenever I had a question. sed the small theater and it couldn't have been better. The Athenaeum worked great with all our vendors which contributed to the great day. The menu is diverse enough that we were able to have different appetizers and entrees at each wedding, with the exception of the meatball bar which was at all three! We hand-picked 3 couples to help take decorations/cake/gifts home with them that night, and Ben worked with each to get them loaded out before our deadline. From the beginning, Lois and the team at the Athenaeum made this an incredibly easy experience. We had many comments from guests on how delicious the food was. Compared to other vendors, it was incredibly affordable and we did not have to sacrifice the quality. Our appetizers were a big hit too- bacon wrapped water chestnuts, meatball bar and brie bites! With its incredible architecture, lush greenery, gorgeous getting ready spaces for both the bride AND groom, multiple ceremony locations, delicious food and one breathtaking reception space, it's easy to understand why it's easily one of our most favorite places to spend a . Location: Great for anyone wanting to remain downtown. I cannot overstate what an absolutely perfect night we had! Photographer: $3,500-$6,500. I cannot recommend the athenaeum highly enough! My husband was so impressed how every time we turned around and needed something that one of the two attendants were there to get us whatever we needed. That's great that you have that experience and one of the reasons I chose the venue. Gina is an organized and detailed person like myself and we were always on the same page double checking everything. The Columbus Athenaeum was everything we could have wanted in a wedding venue and more! Highly recommend, our wording was unforgettable. We had our ceremony in the Priory with the reception in the Small Theater - definitely great to have them right across the hall from each other, given that the majority of our guests were from out of town, so almost zero travel time between ceremony and reception. Both are so wonderful to work with all our guest loved them . To help you visualize our historic building, check out this panoramic tour by Mark Roessler. We used one of their centerpiece options as one of our upgrades, and they were perfect. The room was splendid, the decor fine, the food delicious, and the atmosphere fun and elegant! Regardless of this, TCA helped my husband and I create the perfect reception and one unforgettable night! When it came time to tie the knot on Saturday, Sofia descended the aisle arm-in-arm with Lionel for her evening ceremonya seven-and-a-half minute walk down the venue's regal grand alle . Things like cake cutting, set-up, menu card placement, etc. I also asked the staff to speak with my parents if we ran out of any alcohol because they were paying for the bar, and I didn't want to know if we were running out. If you are looking for the unique venue with a wonderful, helpful staff- Look no further, ladies! People didn't get cake as it took so long to get it served after our cutting. places we had initially looked at for our reception. Natasha and the owner (whose name I unfortunately forget) mitigated the damage to my dress by pouring club soda on the stains as I freaked out. Like I said: Amazing! In what some have already dubbed this year's royal wedding, Sofia Richie and Elliot Grainge exchanged vows at Hotel du Cap-Eden-Roc in Antibes on Saturday . 6 weeks later and I'm still getting compliments on how wonderful the meatball bar and bacon water chestnuts are! Overall an amazing experience and day. Overall, we were very happy and would definitely recommend TCA! My friend hired a wedding planner, but TCA is so organized that I didnt feel like I even needed one! We had guest constantly tell us this was the best food they have ever had at a wedding! The food is amazing - our guests keep raving about it! They staff and especially Gina went above and beyond to ensure our wedding day was exactly what we envisioned! ig day. Everything turned out perfectly!! After the ceremony things went downhill. I loved that Jackie had food waiting for us at our seats when we entered the reception and she went through the buffet line and filled our plates right away so we could eat while the other tables were in line. We couldnt book any later than 11 pm or else I would have just added an additional hour from the get-go. Its been two weeks and we havent been able t We had our reception at TCA in the Small Theatre on 11/4/17. Sky was very helpful day-of, she was everywhere making sure things were running smoothly. They also were floored by the mashed potato martinis.