Summer Camps Jersey City, NJ & Sports Classes I would say I am a 3.5 level player and this is a better setup for pickleball. The Tennis Center is open to the public and there are no membership fees required to play. Beginner tennis players will be set up for success as long as they have tennis shoes, athletic wear, and a water bottle. We guarantee you will find an instructor that is conveniently located and suits your skill level. I had a good laugh. Highlight is Bryan (and all his coaches!!) Search, get cost estimates, contact instructors, and bookall for free. A hidden gem of Jersey City- he is one of the best coaches I have seen. Can anyone tell me where can I get tennis lesson in Brooklyn? Love working with people who want to learn and enjoy the game. Enter City, State or Zip. Answers to commonly asked questions from the experts on Lessons. Personalized, one-on-one Tennis coaching is the secret to improved skills and increased confidence. The greater Jersey City and North Jersey areas are broken up into hundreds of towns and townships. The 10 Best Tennis Lessons in Union City, NJ (for All Ages & Levels) Ask questions, confirm their availability, and hire the right instructor when you're ready. A really good place to play Tennis. Tennis is one activity that adults enjoy as much as kids, no age boundaries for this one. ex. What are people saying about tennis in Jersey City, NJ? WELCOME TO HOBOKEN TENNIS PROGRAMS. Several of my players have moved on to play in small college programs. Welcome, I have over 5 years of coaching experience from ages 4 and up. See what our 100,000+ students are saying We use cookies to assist with site navigation, personalize content, provide social media features, assist with marketing efforts and to analyze our traffic. Dhruv as a 3 year old used to hit against the garage wall. 0. A really good place to play Tennis. Our team is here to help you every step of the way. Highly recommend!!". Attentive, easy to work with, personable, and good techniques applied. Tennis lessons allow you to make mistakes and feel comfortable as a first time tennis player, no matter your age. This is my default place to play Tennis down to 40 degrees. She really enjoys it. Adding a business to Yelp is always free. Check out our virtual Tennis coaches. His approach is wholistic, he focuses on movement, balance, speed and intuition as much as on proper technique. Serves Union City, NJ 16 years in business Get Started View Profile Long Island Tennis Coach 5.0 6 Reviews Learn tennis in a fun and exciting way thru me. In your first lesson, there may not be too much hitting of the tennis ball but you will be set up for success. The #1 provider of Tennis Services in Jersey City, offering a variety of specialized tennis services for children, juniors and adults. The coaches, staff and facilities are great! But players start playing tennis at various ages and age is no barrier to entry to becoming a solid, or even great, tennis player. Check out the great PlayYourCourt pros in the Jersey City area today! After he saw this review he sent me an email calling me a bunch of derogatory names and saying "My lawyer will be removing your Google review and you will be contacted if necessary" - which shows he obviously does not understand how law, business or Yelp reviews work. Learning advanced techniques can help score points and improve enjoyment of the game. Top 10 Best Kids Tennis Lessons in Jersey City, NJ - Yelp It's a good idea to research and compare prices of coaches in your area before committing to lessons. Thank you Tennis Approach for giving my Ananya much needed athletic edge! The best part is-this all is becoming her second nature, her muscle memory is becoming strong and reflexes sharp, she is enjoying every minute of the class and all I can say is WOW! I am confident that under Jims guidance she will continue to to improve her game and most importantly develop a love for tennis. Little Aces 5-6yrs 12-1 PM There's a bunch of good reviews on here because Lendale asks everyone to leave him a review right after he meets them. They were more interested in running a business than making kids love the game and learn. Best Tennis Lesson near me in Jersey City, New Jersey. I plan on joining a league soon, but when Ive played for fun with others, Im told I would be competitive with 3.0s. I highly recommend booking a cardio, 1:1, or strength class. More experienced players will want to speak with their coach before the first lesson so the proper drills are put in place and skills are focused on. She has developed skills to play tennis at a competitive level. Knowing your tennis lesson goals prior to selecting a coach is very important. So essentially most of your lessons will not happen unless the always-full public courts are not full. Located on the west side of Jersey City, Lincoln Park has 21 tennis courts open to the public. You can also post comments to this location. He has been learning tennis for the past 1 year. Best in NYC", Gotham Tennis Academy-Stadium Tennis Center. Ellen was patient, knowledgeable and gave me the confidence and direction to play well on day 1! 5.0 (9) Great Instruction. You can at any time review details, change or withdraw your consent from the Cookie Notice page on our website. Two or Four Group Tennis Lessons from Coach Ken Diaz (Up to 77% Off). Excellent service, clean locker rooms, soft towels, huge showers (I think you could easily have a" read more, "I sign my son up to a Tennis Clinic at West Orange Tennis. Erin Jersey City Erin, Ive long loved watching the Grand Slams on TV, but it was only on my 50th birthday that I decided to try to learn to play the game. All "tennis academy" results in Jersey City, New Jersey, "So happy I discovered Bryn's tennis academy. Depending on applicable local laws for other types of cookies we may need your permission. Have to try to book super in advance since the demand is super high!". Whether you're a beginner or intermediate player, find programs for you through USTA. Check Us Out! Affordable Tennis Lessons and court time in NYC. Made my trip to NYC extra special." more 2. Top 10 Best Tennis Lessons near Jersey City, NJ 07302 - Yelp I've ben playing competitive tournaments since I'm a kid. Finally a place to learn tennis in the neighborhood without standing in line for hours by the River. If you are looking to level up your game or go from a complete beginner to an intermediate player, private tennis lessons are probably right for you. You can search by type of teacher, affordability and other factors. (function($) {window.fnames = new Array(); window.ftypes = new Array();fnames[0]='EMAIL';ftypes[0]='email';fnames[1]='FNAME';ftypes[1]='text';fnames[2]='MMERGE2';ftypes[2]='text';}(jQuery));var $mcj = jQuery.noConflict(true); Copyright 2023. Adult Tennis Programs | Tennis Classes for Adults | USTA.com Get VIP discounted pricing on rackets, balls, shoes & more. Compete in our Bracket Challenge Flex League. Also knowing the highest level that your coach has played will give you an indication of their suitability for your skill level aspirations. Local Tennis Lessons for All Ages & Levels | PlayYourCourt Do not trust this man with your money, and do not trust him to follow through on anything or run his business professionally, because it won't happen. Search by city or call us: 866-454-2747 MyTennisLessons Locations New Jersey Jersey City Featured Tennis Coaches See All Coaches (112) View Profile Elona P. Belleville , NJ Years Playing: 22 Years Teaching: 14 123 Reviews 400+ View Profile Steve C. Your first tennis lesson will vary greatly depending on yours or your child's skill level. Tennis Approach | The #1 provider of Tennis Services in Jersey City Call Today (201) 344-7824 Whether you're a beginner or an experienced player looking to polish your game, I invite you u0003to experience Total Dynamic Movement (TDM) and my original approach u0003to rapid tennis development. Players of all ages and skill levels progress at different rates but if you have the willingness to improve, 1-on-1 tennis lessons multiple times a week, with the right coach will set you on the right path for success on the court. A private tennis lesson is a chance to soak up valuable information, get as many reps as possible, and form a relationship with a coach fully invested in your improvement. Tennis lessons Jersey city, New-jersey | CoachUp Highly recommend!!". These are some highly rated tennis in Jersey City, NJ: What are some tennis with a large number of reviews in Jersey City, NJ? Developed by digital4design. A really good place to play Tennis. Local Tennis Lessons in Jersey City, NJ for All Ages & Levels Seeing them smile after a practice or lesson and telling me thanks coach. Big Aces 7-9yrs 2-3 PM Run don't walk. Tennis in Jersey City, New Jersey This is an overview of all things tennis in Jersey City, New Jersey. Finally a place to learn tennis in the neighborhood." more 2. To get the most out of your tennis lesson, its important to come prepared, take charge when focus strays, up your intensity, and ask for more challenges. Best private tennis lessons near me in Jersey City, New Jersey, Vanderbilt Tennis Club at Grand Central Terminal, The Johnson High Performance Tennis Academy. Improving. These are some highly rated tennis in Jersey City, NJ: Gotham Tennis Academy-Stadium Tennis Center (4.5/5). RENEW. It is never too late to start tennis lessons! 1. He is skilled and explains everything thoroughly. The 10 Best Tennis Lessons in Bayonne, NJ (for All Ages & Levels) Bayonne, NJ 251 Tennis Instructors near you Where do you need the tennis instructor? I had a good laugh. There is no . Super Duper Tennis Spring Classes in Jersey City and Hoboken - JCFamilies about getting the most out of your lessons, Athletic shoes you know are comfortable for running around in, Athletic clothing you are comfortable running around and sweating in, A hat depending on how sunny it is and any other weather specific clothes, ie a sweatshirt or leggings for chillier weather, Not required, but many players will bring a towel or sweatbands to wipe sweat. I took both private lessons and group lessons with Jim. Coach Jim is very methodic but at the same time full of fun and energy. Best in NYC"read more, Search tennis academy in popular locations. I absolutely would recommend him! The Michael Filipek Tennis & Sports Academy 5.0 6 Reviews Top quality tennis lessons and childrens camps. My son has taken lesson from Omar for multiple seasons and has learned valuable techniques, particularly serving. My daughters game has improved leaps and bounds since she first picked up a racket. Students agree: these instructors are highly rated for knowledge, experience, communication, and more. Big Aces 7-9yrs 1-2 PM When it comes to private tennis lessons if you take multiple tennis lessons a week with a qualified tennis coach there is no reason you should not see improvements in your game. Courts located in our database are not authorized or endorsed by PYC. ", "Wide variety of tennis options from kids to adults. Excellent service, clean locker rooms, soft towels, huge showers (I think you could easily have a", "I sign my son up to a Tennis Clinic at West Orange Tennis. Alex Cabarcos, My daughter started taking lessons from Coach Jim as part of the after school enrichment program at Ps #37 when she was ~4.5 yrs old and in the initial phase (when she had just got newly introduced to the tennis) her hand-eye coordination was very weak and it was a bit frustrating to see her struggle and barely make contact with the ball etc. Depending on what you want to get out of your tennis lessons, should inform your decision on how often to get out on the court. Up to 52% Off on Tennis Lessons at Long Beach Tennis Center. But instead I was pleasantly surprised by the amount of knowledge Jim was imparting in a group lesson. PYC arranges the opportunity for you to employ the service of independent professional tennis instructors on a court of your selection; you, the client are solely responsible for court availability and authorization. The great part about that is each one has its own parks and rec department, meaning there are countless different public tennis facilities in a relatively very small area. People also searched for these in Jersey City: What are people saying about tennis in Jersey City, NJ? Tennis in Jersey City, NJ | ACTIVE "read more, "Lendale is good at asking clients to review him positively and over-hyping himself and his company ("I'm a celebrity"; "high performance tennis academy"), but it's essentially a one-man show run by a scattered, disorganized person who's in over his head. And my sister and everyone I play with invariably asks me who taught me how to play tennis. Also, when you purchase more tennis lessons upfront then you will pay less per hour. It has been 3 years with Jim and I have not seen a more patient and thorough coach especially with kids at a much younger age. His unique style of teaching techniques keeps Dhruv engaged through out the session and looking forward to more. Many people who take tennis up as a hobby believe that playing tennis involves innate skills that you either have or don't have. If you are looking to get your child into tennis most coaches will say if they are able to hold a racquet it is early enough for tennis lessons. Therefore, we created this guide for you. Indoor and Outdoor Tennis Classes in Jersey City, Indoor/Outdoor Tennis Classes in Jersey City. Our goal is to grow tennis by making it easier to get practice, matches, and lessons on your local courts. Tennis for Adults | Adult Tennis Leagues and Tournaments | USTA These are some tennis with a large number of reviews in Jersey City, NJ: Manhattan Plaza Health Club (205 reviews), Body Mechanics Orthopedic Massage (194 reviews). Highlight is Bryan (and all his coaches!!) Highly recommended for all levels! We covered pretty much everything from backhand to volley. Nothing could be further from the truth! One of Jims greatest attributes is his patience with the young ones and ability to get through to them. The ball skids off the", "If you know how to play tennis more than the basics, the 500 8th Ave location of Tennis Innovators is NOT for you. ", "Excellent! Private Tennis Lessons in Jersey city, New-jersey. Jersey City, NJ 269 Tennis Instructors near you - Lessons.com After he saw this review he sent me an email calling me a bunch of derogatory names and saying "My lawyer will be removing your Google review and you will be contacted if necessary" - which shows he obviously does not understand how law, business or Yelp reviews work. No more long drives to the nearest tennis club. Youre hitting the ball with a tennis pro that is observing each of your movements and developing a plan of attack on how to make you the best possible tennis player you can be. What are some tennis with a large number of reviews in Jersey City, NJ? Top 10 Best Tennis Lessons near Jersey City, NJ 07307 - Yelp Surface in the indoor courts are fast as hell. Three years hence our son loves Jim, tennis and his game has developed nicely. Summer & Fall 2022 Adult Tennis Programs at Stevens are BACK! The 10 and under method introduces an appropriate sized court, lower compression balls and incorporates dynamic movement. Home / Play / Adult Tennis / Programs; This is the membership endpoints html. I personally volunteered for this program and have witnessed Coach Jim and also Coach Dheren working on each & every kid individually depending on their strengths & weakness areas. This is a review for tennis in Jersey City, NJ: "So happy I discovered Bryn's tennis academy. Here's what you'll experience as a Jersey City PYC member. These are not full size courts (length or width) and you play with the green children's ball due to the", "I used to go to Midtown Tennis Club down in Chelsea because I thought that was pretty much my only option for tennis courts in Manhattan and little did I know Manhattan Plaza was a block away from me on 43rd st. Pros - Clean facilities - 5 high quality indoor courts (far better than the gravel". 0. New Jersey Privates Overview New York New Jersey FIND A CLASS Super Duper Tennis brings the FUN back in the game of tennis - transforming unconventional spaces into sized down kids courts with equipment fit for your child to make tennis accessible everywhere and anywhere! Hoboken Tennis Programs, Lessons, and Group Clinics If you just want to try out tennis lessons a smaller lesson package will allow you to try out lessons once or twice a week before committing to more. Best tennis lessons near me in Jersey City, NJ Sort:Recommended All Price Good for Kids 1. Reviews on Tennis Lessons in Jersey City, NJ 07302 - The Tennis Academy by Bryn Bryant, Chelsea Piers Fitness, Newport Swim and Fitness Center, Hudson River Athletics, Zaniac - Jersey City Register for a tennis class in Jersey City, NJ to get training from coaches. . The 10 Best Tennis Lessons in Bayonne, NJ (for All Ages & Levels) Jim has a number of strong abilities as a coach, but what truly differentiates him from others is the ability to see what a person needs to do to improve their game. These are some tennis with a large number of reviews in Jersey City, NJ: Roosevelt Island Racquet Club (11 reviews), Gotham Tennis Academy-Stadium Tennis Center (6 reviews), The Tennis Academy by Bryn Bryant (4 reviews), The Johnson High Performance Tennis Academy (4 reviews), The Johnson High Performance Tennis Academy, "Lendale is good at asking clients to review him positively and over-hyping himself and his company ("I'm a celebrity"; "high performance tennis academy"), but it's essentially a one-man show run by a scattered, disorganized person who's in over his head. Therefore, when you work with Jim, you arent just hitting the ball with another tennis pro. Find Things to Do Near You. TennisApproach has a history of developing young children and allowing them to develop at a pace that works for them. My daughters motor skill development, flexibility, mental focus, physical stamina, footwork and love for sports are getting better and better, thanks to her teachers Jim, Mistee and their staff. But after Jim went over the basics of setting up with my foot and swinging the racquet the correct way, now I can hit backhand strokes more comfortably. Finally a place to learn tennis in the neighborhood without standing in line for hours by the River. In just s short time I have learned a great deal about tennis. The Best Tennis League in Jersey City - PlayYourCourt.com Vivian Ouyang Raina Ouyang, When our son was three and a half years old we were looking for a coach who could nurture his penchant for hitting a tennis ball thrown at him. Get matched Get matched with multiple teachers that meet your exact needs. We strongly recommend him as your tennis coach. I've heard from others who have had the same experience as me. (201) 420-8111, 150 WARREN ST. SUITE 108, JERSEY CITY, NJ 07302(201) 333-5600, Address: JCFamilies Inc. Hes patient when I find the skills challenging, and the drills are fun and varied. In addition, they provide unique programs and camps for your children to bond with peers while working on their killer backhand! What did people search for similar to tennis lesson in Jersey City, NJ? 201 Montgomery St, Suite 263 Jim and his assistant coach Carlos are excellent teachers; very motivating and clear and concise with their instructions. At Super Duper Tennis, they teach the FUNdamentals of tennis to kids 10andUnder under in an educational and exciting environment that enhances self-esteem, builds confidence and overall love for the game. Tennis Lessons in Jersey City, NJ | Kids, Beginner, Adult, & Private All you have to do is show up. Thank you Jim Thanks JIm and TennisApproach, I had played tennis with friends for many years but remained a beginning level player. Whether you're new to tennis or a seasoned pro, taking tennis lessons can be fun and educational. Instructors sign up and create a profile, while students search for instructors by zip code, then email teachers of their interest through our site and pay up front for their lessons. The indoor courts are really nice. Raleigh. With its close proximity to New York City, it is no wonder that Jersey City and its outlying areas is one of the most densely populated sections of the country. What did people search for similar to tennis academy in Jersey City, NJ? Jersey City Tennis Lessons FindTennisLessons.com helps you find private tennis lessons, semi-private tennis lessons, group tennis lessons or hitting only sessions for all ages (kids, teens, adults, seniors) and skill levels (beginner, intermediate, advanced) 0-10 miles from where you are located! They have a nice locker room. I really love teaching tennis thi is also something Ive been doing it since I was a little kid I played profesional tournaments and also I've been a tennis coach in my native country. Jim geared lessons to my level, and I have been really pleased at the progress Ive made. Jim continues tobe a great coach and mentor to herand focuses on both, strengths as well ason areas that need further development. They constantly monitored our actions and provided guidance whenever necessary. These are some tennis with a large number of reviews in Jersey City, NJ: Crunch Fitness - Union Square (202 reviews). Indoor and Outdoor Tennis Classes in Jersey City - JCFamilies Besides their tennis teaching qualifications, you want someone who you feel comfortable with and communicate well with. If you have any questions or want to purchase over the phone, call us at 301.575.6112 or buy online now if youre ready to get started. The park has four tennis courts that are open to the public. Tennis skills can improve with time, practice and professional lessons, just like other forms of exercise. She has a long way to go, yet I could see the improvements in her weak areas just within a month of time. I look forward to my lessons. She continues to develop her forehand and back hand swing and is now incorporating footwork. Tell us your goals and our coach-finder will search our 2,000+ coach database to find the perfect instructor for you. He patiently started training him, doing various drills, working on every stroke, every technique, advocating a healthy lifestyle and an overall good attitude and personality development . Anuroop Yadav, Tennis Approach is an excellent place for kids especially for kids under 10 to learn tennis and have some fun. Tennis classes and camps in Jersey City are offered on a seasonal basis and must be discussed with your Jersey City tennis professional. Through Tennis Approach lessons, Ive gained confidence in my athletic ability overall. Finally a place to learn tennis in the neighborhood without standing in line for hours by the River. tennis lessons Zubin's Tennis Academy Introduction: COVID UPDATE: If you are based in NYC please only reach out if you are willing to travel to Jersey City. Ive been taking lessons with Omar for about 2.5 years now. Whether you are a beginner or experienced tennis player, you will excel when working with one of our thoroughly screened tennis instructors in Jersey City, NJ. The ball skids off the" read more, Search tennis lessons in popular locations.