Could you please let me know how you managed to switch off the oil/ spanner light. Hi Jermaine, Frequent short trips only and/or high electric loads such as having the AC on can affect it. Come join the discussion about performance, modifications, troubleshooting, reviews, maintenance, and more! Car symbols, or dashboard lights, are a car service reminder. If the warning light comes on (non-flashing), it indicates a fault with the lane departure system. The engine is nippy, the mpg is great. Hi ABS and ESP warnings came on after stopping to fill with fuel, can I drive? Driving when the engine is overheating can cause significant engine damage. The rear wheels may easily skid or the vehicle may spin when braking on a slippery road or when braking hard at any time. The malfunction indicator light (MIL) otherwise known as the 'check engine light' will come on and stay on when a fault is detected. The Suzuki Swift battery warning light comes on with the ignition switched to ON and goes out shortly. Oil is okay. The Suzuki Swift electric power steering warning light illuminates on the dashboard when the ignition key or engine start button are set to ON. Safety systems often prevent operation of said system to prevent damage and once, cooled, they operate again. Thanks. 2006-2023 Peugeot Boxer Oil Change/Service Light Reset Guide, Heres How You Open Gas Tank/Fuel Door in Ford Edge (2015-2024), 2007-2023 Chevy Tahoe Gas Cap/Fuel Door Release, Simple Way to Open Fuel Filler Door in Audi A1, Quick Guide To Open Gas Tank/Fuel Door on Ford Explorer, Heres How You Open Gas Tank Fuel Door on Kia Soul (2010-2022), Quick Guide To Open Fuel Door/Gas Tank in Honda Accord (2007-2022). It doesn't. many thanks, the light is off now I drove after that 90 miles. Pay particular attention to red warning lights as they generally represent warnings that require immediate attention. If you have the 'oil can' light then you have a problem, it's probably garage time. VerticalScope Inc., 111 Peter Street, Suite 600, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada. Depending on the fault, the engine may automatically switch off or enter reduced power mode. Its a security light that flashes to indicate that the immobilizer is active. This is to ensure the piston rings bed properly into the bores. Hi Sholle, Continue with Recommended Cookies. This zig zag warning light comes on when there's a problem with the Suzuki Vitara injection system. If I were to guess, I would say its a twin tripmeter; trip A and Trip B. The warning light flashes for several seconds so that you can check it is working. I would think that the warning regards keeping your hands on the steering wheel is part of the lane keeping assist / lane departure warning or lane centering assist if your Vitara has it. Hi Janice. The cog and exclamation mark symbol is the transaxle warning light and indicates a problem with the Suzuki Vitara automatic transaxle system. I was looking online, and there are no solutions to delete this oil light. You should stop and check your tyres as soon as possible and inflate them to the proper pressure as indicated on the vehicle's tyre information placard. Suzuki Baleno - Oil Light Service Light Reset Service guide 17.7K subscribers Subscribe 34 Share 17K views 4 years ago Today we show how to reset the Service Light on a Suzuki Ignis. Youll need to have diagnostics done ASAP. You should have a RBS and lane departure buttons on your dashboard. Send Message. When the system is actively engaged, the warning light flashes. This warning light is the Suzuki Swift malfunction indicator light (MIL), or otherwise known as the check engine light. If you were driving in such a way that may cause the light to come on, vehicle under heavy load for example, then it may be fine once normal driving resumes. I am getting a blank triangle which comes and goes. Orange Warning Light-"OIL" with Spanner was created by Doctorchris. Hi, my seat belt sign came up on my suzuki swift 2009, any ideas what that could be? Before makers started economising on maintenance for the benefit of fleet buyers, it was often recommended to change engine oil after 1000 or 1500 miles to remove the fines created during 'running in'. Come join the discussion about performance, modifications, troubleshooting, reviews, maintenance, and more! Please advise. document.getElementById("ak_js_1").setAttribute("value",(new Date()).getTime()); This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. The engine oil life system must be reset after performed the maintenance service or change the engine oil on your vehicle. If the light stays on, its something that youll want to have looked at sooner rather than later. Then there is depreciation which is another unknown without some info about the car not all pensioners drive scrappers. Read the table below to see how the oil life monitoring system determines oil life: The oil life meter is located on the information display on the dashboard, and will count down from 100% oil life to 0% oil life as you continue to drive the vehicle; at a certain point the computer will trigger a reminder for you that its time for an oil change. Hi John, I have asked the main dealer for advice and they tell me that it is a service indicator as well as a warning light. Anyway how are people finding there new swift? JavaScript is disabled. Yes it should be OK to continue driving. In addition to 5W-30, the sport version also recommends 10W-40 and 10W-30, which you may use in both applications. Not only does this render your vehicle potentially less safe than it could be, having a fault light on will affect your resale value and MOT. Common issues are the key reader located around the ignition is faulty. STOP driving immediately and turn the engine off. If the light comes on when the engine is running, there is a problem with the automatic transaxle system. But of course, they are useful in case of an emergency situation, so it does need fixing. Certain system electronics and cabling is located under the front seats. Hi Tan Ive bought the right engine oil and put it in engine and followed the instructions in the manual to reset but the light wont turn off. Have you ever heard of such a combination before? I am an automotive technician and a vehicle enthusiast. Doesnt matter when you change the oil and filter, it will still come on at the designated service interval. If you have the yellow light its just asking you for a service and you can reset the light afterwards. hi, my 2019 Vitara start-stop light keep flashing on my dashboard even after ive changed my car battery. Put the transmission in neutral and put the transfer case in 4WD high. schedule an appointment with a trusted mechanic. The ESP warning light comes on for the following reasons: The Suzuki Vitara hill descent system (when activated) automatically applied the brakes when going down a slope to allow the driver to concentrate on steering. How long do we normally start or idle the engine to have things lubed and the battery charged per week?? These services are based on the vehicles mileage and frequency of use. In the event of emergency braking, ABS can help to reduce stopping distances, but the main point is that it allows you to continue to steer the car (with locked wheels you cannot control the steering). Below are the Suzuki Swift dashboard warning lights explained. This light illuminates on the dashboard for three possible reasons: The Suzuki Swift ABS warning light stands for 'anti-lock braking system' and is a safety aid to help prevent locking wheels. On occasions particularly during heavy use or when the steering wheel is kept in a fully turned / full lock position for long periods, the system may temporarily stop. The light come son briefly when the ignition or engine start button are set to ON. Restart the engine. If your vehicle has an ignition button, press the Start/Stop button without stepping on any pedal, From here, we could now keep the knob on the right-hand-side pressed for about three seconds, and a submenu will appear on the screen, With this same knob turning it to the right and we will change between the different menus that we have to choose from. When engine oil needs to replace, Oil Change Required or Change Oil message will appear on the display. I have been advised by the provider of the car that it is out of warranty and I will have to pay for it to be checked. HJ view is that early changes can hurt. I've never had any dealing with..er..that kind of dealer, apart from reluctantly buying parts from them very infrequently, but on general principles, and based on what I hear, I wouldn't want to bet a lot of money on one doing the right thing. Have vehicle check with diagnostics equipment to locate fault. Overall rather happy. Hello. You usually have to long-press them to deactivate the systems. If you have any doubts as to what the Suzuki oil life monitor system means or what services your vehicle may need, do not hesitate to contact our experienced professionals for advice. Is that something to consider. This trail is great for hiking and walking, and it's unlikely you'll encounter many other people while exploring. Wait until you hear a beep and the word SUCCESS. This is a service interval light. Is it a scheduled oil change? Synthetic Oil will degrade over time, change it annually. This system regenerates energy into the battery during braking / deceleration. If the light does remain on or blinking, youll need to have diagnostics to scan for fault codes. Cogwheel sign on dashboard as well as leaking ATF. Engine should be started up once a week to keep things lubed. Made with in Silicon Valley. Have system check as soon as possible. Any reason for this? Regular service can save you money and reduce the chances of a breakdown. Everything comes on until I try to start the car then nothing it all just switches off. The engine can be severely damaged if oil pressure is lost. What oil capacity does a 2013 Suzuki Swift require? 1 answer. Have vehicle repaired as soon as possible. Learn how your comment data is processed. Battery and connections were checked by mechanic and arre fine. After 30mins the car started and runs again without any problem. The Fora platform includes forum software by XenForo. Edited by Grease_monkey on 28/04/2018 at 02:01. thanks. what to do 2018 turbo diesel red stop engine warning light has come on when trying to start my car after being in idle and the car just turning off like in description. After working at the dealer service station for more than a decade, I was happy to be the editor and author of the articles on automobiles. No, you shouldnt just forget about it. I stopped the car, turned off the engine, then started the car and worked normally without any change in its movement while continuing to drive, but a warning appeared. Switching off the engine and restarting may clear the fault. Hi Lorna, This is explained in the owners handbook. 1.0 litre boosterjet engine is a gem. Proper maintenance service will greatly extend the life of a vehicle, ensuring it is reliable, safe to drive, covered by the manufacturers warranty, and it also provides a greater resale value. The radar brake warning light will be part of the radar brake support system. Checking the oil level regularly will avoid costly problems. This is to prevent overheating of the system. If the ABS warning light stays on while driving: This yellow car skidding symbol is the Suzuki Vitara ESP warning light. ESP stands for Electronic Stability Program and is used to provide vehicle stability when cornering and accelerating. You should have a service every 12,000 miles or year, depending on the mileage. Drive very carefully and avoid heavy braking. The Suzuki Vitara glow plug warning light comes on if the engine coolant temperature is cool enough and when the ignition is switched to 'on'. After your oil change and servicing is complete, you might need to reset the oil life monitor system in your Suzuki. But we should go to oCl which stands for Oil Change Light, Once you get there, we need to press the knob, and the word RESET will appear, After that, we will give more touch, and youll see that SUCCESS and the oil change witness have already left us. The system usually resets itself after a little while of driving and the light should go off. ESP (Electronic Stability Control) helps with the cars stability understeer, traction control etc. It's likely that the engine may stop functioning after a period of time. That just shows how useless the information on this site can be. Hi Wo during if you can pls identify red flashing light in the middle of the entire front console? Please. All of this has just happened to my Swift. Hi Leonard, Our certified mobile mechanics make house calls in over 2,000 U.S. cities. Stop the vehicle and allow to fluid to cool down. Abs light is on The light come son briefly when the ignition or engine start button are set to ON. The vehicle collision symbol is the Suzuki Swift radar brake support system or dual sensor brake support (if equipped) warning light. My 1l boostjet flagged an oil change at 3300 miles and 4 months. Best thing to do is check tire pressures, engine oil and all fluids are up to correct level. If the light comes on or flashes when the engine is running, it indicates that there is damage in the emissions control system. I bought a new Suzuki Swift (new shape) in September - on my way to the shops today the engine oil change warning light came on. To view the purposes they believe they have legitimate interest for, or to object to this data processing use the vendor list link below. The master warning light flashes to bring attention to indicator and warning messages. How the Suzuki oil life monitor system works and what to expect The Suzuki oil life monitor system is not just a simple oil quality sensor, but a software-based, algorithm-driven device that takes into account various operating conditions of the engine to determine when the oil needs changing. This battery symbol is the Suzuki Swift Deceleration Energy Regeneration warning light. Oil filter/Oil change warning light on. This system uses the same sensors as the dual sensor brake support and may be liable to the same issues. The right is for a 4 part selector. As an added safety and fuel efficiency feature, the Suzuki Swift is equipped with a tyre / tire pressure monitor system (TPMS) that uses a warning light to inform you that one or more of your tyres is under-inflated. Whilst out driving and approaching traffic lights whilst stationary for a few seconds the whole centre lights flashed and beeped red them went off. It would be very much appreciated. JavaScript is disabled. Its advised that you have the fault looked at as soon as possible. At its most basic level, it determines how many miles have been driven since the vehicle underwent its last service. However, having looked at the owners manual when I got back home it suggests that for my engine (K10C) that the light isn't linked to time/mileage but is dependent on oil condition - meaning that continuing to drive it could potentially cause damage. This isnt too uncommon after a battery change. 4. Add oil to the engine to bring the level up. All rights reserved. The filter is usually cleaned automatically but may require driver assistance on occasions. 12 Professionals. If the high beam assist warning light comes on in green, it indicates the system is functioning correctly. The service history is fabricated. Engine damage can occur if you continue driving for long periods with this warning light on. Its brand new Ive only had it a week and only done 130 miles on it. I wrote stating I am rejecting the car but have had response back saying the sales person now denies telling us After much thought, I picked out a 2009 Honda Jazz 1.4 manual with 62,000 miles on the clock for 4000 from a local dealer. Other warning lights may illuminate alongside the master warning symbol. I think you can purchase one for the spare online, Suzuki Swift 2020 4,200 miles on clock. It is important not to wait to have your vehicle serviced, especially once the indicator reads 0% oil life. Thanks all, I'm taking it in to the dealer tomorrow - will see what they say. See more Reply Save Like Many of the warning lights briefly come on when ignition key is switched on or start button is pressed to on mode as part of the normal self-check. You will require diagnostic equipment in order to fault find, but things to check are: The Suzuki Vitara red stop engine warning light indicates a serious fault with the injection system. Hi Edgaras, My new swift 1.0 litre boosterjet SZ5 told me it wanted a oil change after 232 miles and 6 weeks old. Your email address will not be published. Hello Kareen, This symbol represents the Suzuki Swift LED headlight system. Is this just a reminder that the service is due or do I need to take it back to the suzuki dealership, is it safe to drive? This can be an issue related to a heavily clogged diesel particulate filter (DPF). ESP can be manually switched off. I am an automotive technician and a vehicle enthusiast. Heres How You Open Gas Tank/Fuel Door in Ford Edge (2015-2024), 2007-2023 Chevy Tahoe Gas Cap/Fuel Door Release, Simple Way to Open Fuel Filler Door in Audi A1, Quick Guide To Open Gas Tank/Fuel Door on Ford Explorer, Heres How You Open Gas Tank Fuel Door on Kia Soul (2010-2022), Quick Guide To Open Fuel Door/Gas Tank in Honda Accord (2007-2022), With the ignition off, you need to hold down the, As you hold them now, you turn on the ignition without firing it up, Now you will see the engine light and the oil flashing, so you need to wait about 10 seconds, After that, you can leave everything so the light will stop and youre done, Then Im going to press the knob on the right and hold it so the word OIL should start flashing, Once it is flashing now, you can let it go and turn the car off. If the system stops working, pull over in a safe place and turn the ignition to OFF. A failure in this system does not result in the vehicle being unable to steer correctly. If it is a fault, its likely to occur again at some point. Our Honda CRV did this at 4mths old too. A little red A has appeared on my speedometer on my 2009 Toyota swift. Manual says out of cycle oil change required. I purchased a car which me, and a witness, were told had full service history. Add Your Answer If the light stays on or comes on when driving, there is a fault with the electrical charging system. The two centres do not exist and the distances between service and MoT are huge. So when did the car last have an oil service? Edited by Grease_monkey on 04/02/2018 at 16:43. Have the fuel system also checked for any problems when the problem happens to Hi there. Consult the owners manual on how to do this for your Suzuki. I'm an expert in the field of engine oils and lubricants. Probably worth getting checked out. I have a Suzuki Swift hybrid 2013 model. An ABS fault is usually due to a wheel speed sensor gone bad, but it could also be something else such as a control unit. When the service light is triggered, such as the OIL light located above the image of a wrench, all the owner has to do is schedule an appointment with a trusted mechanic, take the vehicle in for servicing, and a mechanic will take care of the rest; its that simple. The supplying dealer just told me to reset the oil change on the dash. The triangle containing an exclamation mark / point is the Suzuki Swift master warning light. So I've done that, i guess if it was a real issue then the condition sensor will retrigger. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. The Suzuki Vitara power steering warning light constantly stays on meaning there is a fault with the system. Try replacing the battery in the fob if you do not have a spare at hand. Such maintenance tasks should always be performed by a qualified technician. Greetings, I'm Nick. As the K10C engine is the new duel jet diesel I would certainly take it to the dealer and demand an oil change. Theres on located at each wheel and these sensors are prone to damage due to their location. 3. The Ignis is a small sport utility vehicle that was available with either front or four-wheel drive. Ideal if you want to measure journeys via the odometer. 2007-2012 Suzuki Swift Service Light Reset Guide, 2013-2017 Suzuki Swift Oil Change Light Reset. Maruti Suzuki Swift Spanner light on continue SVS light service vehicle soon Diesel Al Ansari Automobile 125K views 4 years ago RSR Rvision Suzuki Swift 1,2 VVT Remise Sur Route 1.7K. For serious faults, therell usually be a dedicated warning light. Our service team is available 7 days a week, Monday - Friday from 6 AM to 5 PM PST, Saturday - Sunday 7 AM - 4 PM PST. My wife has a 2011 Grand Vitara. Its just a reminder. Thanks. Continuous driving without changing the engine oil and filter may result in engine damage. To reset the Suzuki Swift oil service reminder: 1. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission, which supports our community. The Suzuki Vitara water in fuel filter warning light comes on because the filter requires the water draining and/or the filter changing. Requirements: Fresh Engine Oil. So Im just going to show you if I can reset the oil change or service light because my Suzuki Swifts only other service two thousand miles ago was hardly any miles. 2016-2020 Suzuki Ignis Oil Change Minder Service Light Reset The Suzuki Ignis is a passenger car model of the Japanese carmaker Suzuki, which was initially built in two generations from autumn 2000 to the end of 2007, in the third generation since 2016. There may also be a noticeable loss of engine performance as the engine enters 'limp mode'. Oil Filter Socket. It comes on initially with the ignition briefly and should go out. Your stopping brakes will continue to work as normal but without the ABS features. Your Suzuki might have one of two different kinds of maintenance reminder systems, depending on the vehicles year and model. You should have a radar brake support OFF button on your dash. To find out what these requirements are and why your stop start system is not working, see. New turbo, new EGR, new DPF which has now been turned off and hollowed out, new boost module etc so Im curious as to why this is happening? The Suzuki Dealer tha has looked after it since new has always said that although Suziki says 10000ks for an oil change is ok For a long life Suziki engines love fresh oil. The red oil can symbol is an indication that the oil level is low or that the lubrication system has a malfunction. Wait several minutes for the engine to cool down before re-starting. I was told it had full dealer service history, having been regularly serviced by them. Why would you consider 75 mile round trips as "low mileage'? Model ranges are for the third generation (Mk 3, 2005 onward) and the current 4th generation (Mk 4, 2015 onward). Usually worth giving the battery a charge to see if that sorts it. Hi Penny, About 3.1 liters of engine oil is needed for the standard gasoline engine, 3.9 liters for the Sport variant, and 3.2 liters for the Diesel engine. Have vehicle serviced and checked as soon as possible. If you do wait and servicing is overdue, you risk severe damage to the engine which could leave you stranded or worse.