We make sure that every puppy is 90% housebroken and water bottled trained. She is also recognized as an AKC Breeder of Merit. AKC is a participant in affiliate advertising programs designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to akc.org. About Pierce. We believe that human touch and mothers touch are very important in the development of the puppy, whether they are show dogs or for a loving home as a companion. I want you to pick me! For example, the puppies are already exposed to various sounds from nature and people. Her love for the breed is evident, having served on the ASTC Board of Directors and as an ASTC approved judge mentor. Lisa is no longer making them and we are blessed & honored to carry out her original design for a Pet Water Bottle Stand that so many pets & people love. Weatherford, Texas Founder Troy Clifford Dargin fell in love with the breed when he was in Junior High School and even dedicated a whole summer to learning about Shih Tzus before getting his own. Karyon Shih Tzu Puppies For Sale Champion Breeder Texas Karyon Shih Tzu Known for its champion Shih Tzu bloodline around the world. For reputable breeders, the health of their dogs and puppies comes first. of producing many AKC Shih Tzu Champions including: The breeds ancestry goes back even further than that. . We ensure that our Shih Tzu pups have received their second series of DHPP vaccines and undergone a fecal check before you take them home. We absolutely LOVE Sheryl. While no dog is perfect, we are pleased with the progress we are making in improving our dogs from generation to generation. For inquiries, you can simply contact her through phone and email. program. They are also living with their champion parents and are regularly checked by Dr. Epstein. Having shown ourselves we know how to evaluate confirmation and how to breed correct confirmation in a "smaller" package! Shih Tzu by Martha Breeder Information and Details: P Susan Cheney of Su Chen Shih Tzu began breeding pups in 2000. Befitting his noble Chinese ancestry as a highly valued, prized companion and palace pet, the Shih Tzu is proud of bearing, has a distinctively arrogant carriage with head well up and tail curved over the back. However, because Shih Tzu is a popular toy dog breed, there are usually waitlists. Sparkle is on the Campaign road with the lovely Jennifer Miller (Handler). Owner Dana Gayle Strain has been breeding and showing her Shih Tzus for over 15 years. For this reason, Ultra Shih Tzu puppies are handled from the first moment they are born. No puppy will be sent anywhere unattended. Check out her puppies in action in this video: Dan Su Shih Tzu Breeder Information and Details: RECOMMENDED:Teacup Shih Tzu: The Ultimate Guide to This Tiny Fluffy Dog. While these names may be a well known way to describe the smaller Shih Tzu they are nothing more than names and we are proud to say that ALL of our dogs no matter what their size are AKC registered DNA certified purebred Shih Tzu. Active Shooter & Mass Attack Safety Resources. She encourages prospective owners to visit the puppies in her home before purchasing. https://www.akc.org/wp-admin/admin-ajax.php. The Chinese then bred them with Pekingese or Pugs to create the modern-day Shih Tzu. Shih Tzu Shedding: How Much And How to Deal With It? My passion for animals started at a very young age as I grow up on a farm with several horses, cows, cats, chickens, and dogs on our property. 10 Best Chihuahua Breeders (2023): Our Top 10 Picks! The standard head is big and round and is set high with face looking forward or up. She is also a Karen Pryor Academy Certified Training Partner, so her puppies get lots of behavioral training before they go to their forever homes. We raise beautiful AKC Shih Tzu, on the smaller side. This Shih Tzu breeder has a no-shipping policy, but she will gladly help you make arrangements for hand delivery. We are very hands on with all our dogs. Shih Tzu are called chrysanthemum-faced dogs because the hair on their faces grows in every direction. If youre lucky enough to go home with an Ultra pup, you are more than welcome to stay in touch with them and send pictures and updates. 2. We prioritize quality not quantity and breed to share our passion for Shih Tzu with people equally passionate about wanting more than" just a dog" and are proud to say that a high percentage of our puppies are placed on referral to repeat clients. As breeders our goal is to produce dogs who have the quality, beauty and confirmation that they would be ready to step into the show ring as soon as that goal becomes a reality, but have the temperament to make therapy dogs, family companions, lap babies, and even a partner for agility or obedience. For inquiries about the puppies and the purchase process, you can simply contact her via phone or email. Because of Shih Tzus sheer popularity, it actually can be very easy for you to find one for sale anywhere. Our dogs and puppies are family raised in a clean, healthy home environment and are pre-spoiled with love before going to their forever homes. Dog Groomers | Content and Photos Copyright 2023 of Ryan's Shih Tzu of Illinois. We are proud to be responsible breeders of our dream dogs - the Shih Tzu. Davis gave me" read more, "This is my baby boy Harpo! 43. Most animals intended as pets must be seen by the buyer in person prior to final sale. 10 Best Shih Tzu Rescues for Adoption (2023): Our Top 10 Picks! But underneath that gorgeous coat is a muscular body that can perform well in agility. For more than 18 years we have been a premier California Shih Tzu breeder specializing in the "show look" and quality in a smaller package. The Shih Tzu was bred to be a house companion. For example, there are rare Shih Tzu colors, so these pups are a bit more costly. Many Shih Tzu have won agility competitions. These puppies are like babies to me and I need to meet the families they will be going to. Our Shih Tzu are also called : Small standard size Shih Tzu, Imperial Shih Tzu, Chinese imperial dogs, tiny Shih Tzu, and many more names. Annette Lewis, the founder of Lotus Shih Tzu, is a member of the American Shih Tzu Club (ASTC) and serves as a secretary of a local kennel club. Good with other Dogs: With Supervision Shedding: No Shedding Grooming: Weekly Trainability: Agreeable Height: 10-11 inches (male), slightly smaller (female) Weight: 12-18 pounds Life Expectancy:. Over the 30 years of being involved in showing and breeding Shih Tzu, we have always been dedicated to improving the Shih Tzu breed. Neither should be too short nor too long. As an AKC Breeder of Merit, her Shih Tzu puppies for sale will come with a health guarantee, an AKC limited registry, a spay/neuter requirement and lifetime support for the puppy owner. We strive to better ourselves with each breeding by producing Shih Tzu with smooshie baby doll faces with big eyes set well apart with little to no eye white, long flirty lashes, tiny button noses set up high with open nostrils, short cobby bodies and true thick silky soft double coats all wrapped up in a package that still looks like a Shih Tzu should! It might be overwhelming to start your search with so many breeders out there and that is why I wrote this article to help you. Their puppies are sold with a spay/neuter contract and AKC limited registration and they only release puppies that are 4 months old. Always placed in nurturing & responsible homes! Puppy buyers are welcome to stay in touch with us. After retirement, she chose to pursue her dream of owning and breeding Shih Tzu and has bred over 35 AKC Champions. She raises the puppies in her home, where they have plenty of space for play and socialization. Here are some interesting facts about the Shih Tzu: Documentation of the Shih Tzu dog breed goes back at least 1,000 years. We offer a written 1 year health guarantee against life threatening genetic defects and a lifetime home guarantee for each of our puppies. Puppy Town. The AKC (American Kennel Club) Shih Tzu Recently, we have expanded and are now located in both Northern CA and Georgia! Our hope is that one day that the smaller size Shih Tzu will be recognized as a variety of the Shih Tzu breed no different than many other breeds such as Poodles who are separated by size for showing. They will be trained to be comfortable being handled, and house training is also started. At Beauty's Shih Tzu we breed Shih Tzu ONLY~ no other breed. Many of our puppies are reserved before they ever reach this page. Ryan's Shih Tzu is a small private hobby Shih Tzu breeder in Illinois. Show-quality puppies are also more expensive, so talk to your breeder if you are just looking for a pet or you are interested in showing your dog in the future. Find supplies for your Shih Tzu or Shih Tzu breed gear. She is recognized as a Breeder of Merit by the AKC and she also participated in their Bred with H.E.A.R.T. As you would notice, most if not all Shih Tzu breeders have their puppies vet checked, vaccinated, wormed and etc. We have Mr Foo's Pet Water Bottle Stand on the new link above! Dog Breeds | Shih Tzu owners who keep their dogs clipped short know all too well that not much time goes by before a Shih Tzus hair grows up from her snout and in front of her eyes. NOTE REGARDING PETS: No puppy or dog available as a companion pet for sale within the US can be shipped per USDA requirements going into effect November 18, 2013. Our past & present shih tzu champions and shih tzu owned by others we have helped to show in the conformation show ring, as well as my personal take on the show world. Shih Tzu Puppies for sa.. #513800 Kikimora is my own personal service dog. One of the oldest and well-established breeders in Wisconsin, Sorenson's Shih-Tzus has been breeding since 1994. However, if you are too far, this Shih Tzu breeder has a private puppy nanny service who can hand carry your Shih Tzu pup on most airlines to the closest airport at your location. A few short daily walks and some playtime inside will be plenty for this small dog. The whole process was amazing; I picked him up the next day and he was freshly bathed, microchipped, and ready to go. Shih Tzu breeder Martha Watson has been showing and breeding Shih Tzus in her home in North Carolina since 2000. The Atlanta International Airport has many direct flights all over the United States. However, it is essential that you look for a responsible breeder to ensure that you are getting a healthy, socialized, and well-raised Shih Tzu puppy. Hillsides Imperial Shih Tzus are a high-quality Shih Tzu breeder located in Sanger California. We maintain a small breeding program to provide quality in the puppies we produce. Befitting his noble Chinese ancestry as a highly valued, prized companion and palace pet, the Shih Tzu is proud of bearing, has a distinctively arrogant carriage with head well up and tail curved over the back. American Bully XL: Breed Info, Pictures, Size & Care Guide, Can Dogs Eat Crackers? Product Advertising on Breeders.net Ultra Shih Tzu has been the home to Best In Show Shih Tzu, Best In National Specialty Show Shih Tzu, Best In Specialty Show Shih Tzu, Award of Merit Shih Tzu Winners at the Westminster Dog Show, Specialty Point Winners, National Sweepstakes Winners, Multiple Group Winners and Group Placers, #1 ASTC Top Producing Sires, #1 ASTC Top Producing Dams, ROM Producing Sires and Dams. Although our dogs come from AKC Champion Bloodlines and can certainly be shown . Of course, it would largely depend on where and what products and brands you will be buying. Our Shih Tzu dogs are loving and amazing in different ways. Learn more about our cute and cuddly dogs today. While mating half-siblings is still considered inbreeding, the resulting puppies will share less DNA than full-siblings. A purebred Shih Tzu puppy can cost around $1,000 to $3,000, depending on its gender, color, age, or lineage. You can find puppies and adult dogs for adoption here. Welcome to our Shih Tzu Directory. 9. California Goldendoodle had great reviews so we reached out to them. We will get back to you within the day! I am a small in-home breeder and wondering how to let people know I have Shih Tzu puppies in La Porte Indiana. To navigate our site, simply click the US Region in the Navigation Menu (3 bars) and a drop-down menu will contain states in that region. Note that they only release puppies at three months of age, in accordance with the ASTC ethics code. Our Shih Tzu puppies are only available to forever pet homes on spay/neuter contracts. I have bred 116 champion Shih Tzu including Best In Show Winners, Reserve Best In Show Winners, Best In Specialty Show Winners, many Group Winners and many Register Of Merit recipients for. My advice is that you talk to your breeders about what they already feed and use on their dogs, so you can be sure that they are good for your Shih Tzu puppy. 856 certified breeders. That's how much I loved Sheryl! 11 weeks Age. Location. And we found it in Sheryl.". After going through so many breeders, I came up with a list of ten reputable Shih Tzu breeders where you can find your future furry companion. This Shih Tzu breeder only breeds two to three litters per year to ensure quality. Well over half of our dogs in our breeding program were born and raised here, most of them multi- generations of our lines, ensuring you that we are experienced breeders who know the health, temperament, size and quality of the dogs in our breeding program. Befitting his noble Chinese ancestry as a highly valued, prized companion and palace pet, the Shih Tzu is proud of bearing, has a distinctively arrogant carriage with head well up and tail curved over the back. The Shih Tzu is a sturdy, lively, alert toy dog with long flowing double coat. Shipping costs are also usually not included in the cost of the puppy, so it would be best to look for a breeder near you. Karyon takes pride in breeding Shih Tzu that are not only healthy and beautiful to look at, but with the dispositions that "Show" and make the ultimate Mickey | Shih Tzu Male | Champion Lines | $2400 Ready To Go Home May 16th 2023 About Mickey Hello there! Not only is she a total animal love like myself, but she is such a sweetheart!! Answer a few simple questions and find the right dog for you, Compare up to 5 different breeds side by side, Browse the AKC Marketplace to find the right puppy for you, Browse our extensive library of dog names for inspiration, Find out the best and worst foods for your dog and which to avoid. We are a small hobby breeder with happy, healthy, and hypoallergenic Shih Tzu dogs. Answers for 45+ Types of Crackers, 20+ Sugar Glider Colors and Patterns Explained (With Pictures), 30 Different Types of Huskies (With Pictures), Pitbull With Blue Eyes: Facts, Health, Genetics & Pictures. It offers useful tips on how to safely transact via the internet and to identify scam red flags. Pet Training. shih tzu puppies for sale to qualified homes. Pams Pups. You can even see pictures of the puppies living spaces and play areas on their website. Welcome to Nickerson Farms Shih Tzu & Imperial Beauties LLC.! The Shih Tzu breeders in this list are recognized by the American Kennel Club (AKC) or their local kennel clubs, meaning they all follow strict standards and guidelines for breeding, so you can be sure of the health and quality of puppies they breed. The shoulders of the American type of Shih-Tzu are frontal. We believe the mothers play a very important role in the development of their puppies. RECOMMENDED:Puppy Buying Guide: How to Buy a Puppy Online Safely. These are some highly rated businesses for pet breeders in Los Angeles, CA: What are some businesses with a large number of reviews for pet breeders in Los Angeles, CA? You should be receiving an order confirmation from Paypal shortly. This ensures that her Shih Tzu puppies are bred professionally and with care. Email: Pat Fletcher All her puppies are bred in her home and she only breeds with AKC champion sires and dams, so you can be sure that her puppies are of excellent pedigree. The Shih Tzu (pronounced SHEED-zoo) is one of the most popular dog breedsin the United States. A fully-grown Shih Tzu usually stands 9 to 11 inches tall at the shoulder and weighs between 9 and 16 pounds. We also have a search bar (magnifying glass) where you can type in your state to locate the breeders contact info. Sapphire Shih Tzu Breeder Information and Details: Dan Su Shih Tzu is a small home-based breeder based in Louisiana. Recently, we have expanded and are now located in both Northern CA and Georgia! By 11 to 12 weeks, they will arrange the time and location for you to pick up your puppy. I breed and raise my AKC shih tzu in my home in north TX. Shih Tzu Puppies Inc Has Puppies For Sale On AKC PuppyFinder Shih Tzu Puppies Inc - Puppies For Sale Shih Tzu Puppies Inc - Puppies For Sale Shih Tzu Puppies Inc Has Puppies For. We do have puppies available occasionally & easily in Iowa, Wisconsin, Michigan, Minnesota, Indiana, Illinois & Missouri. Bar-Lar Shih Tzu Breeder Information and Details: Stacey Bingham is a breeder, owner and handler of Shih Tzu and Yorkshire Terriers. All of our dogs are from AKC champion bloodlines, and raised as our family. Please note that they prefer to place puppies in homes where they will not be left alone all day, so be prepared to share something about yourself during the adoption process. Good breeding practices are also costly, so expect that healthy, good-quality pups will not come cheap. K-9 Learning Center | These short and stout pooches were likely the ancestors of the Shih Tzu. Imperial Shih Tzu: Are They Different From Standard Shih Tzus? Doggies Dog Blog Beauty's Shih Tzu- California and Georgias Shih Tzu breeder of Distinction. Male vs. She is located in Port Saint Lucie, Florida. Male Gender. If you do a quick web search, Im sure you will find cheap Shih Tzu pups for sale. Our puppies are raised as part of our family making the transition to your home much easier! Ultra Shih Tzu has been very successful with having bred over 100 AKC champions! If you purchase a product through this article, we may receive a portion of the sale. Dog Lovers. Their hindquarters are muscular. Our shih tzu are derived from the combined efforts of the top breeders in the United States and Canada. When she died, the breeding program fell apart, and it became nearly impossible to get a Shih Tzu. is a small home based Shih Tzu breeder. We have invested a large amount of time , money and love in our blood line and are very proud of our babies. They planned their breeding program to breed Shih Tzu pups with good temperament, a healthy immune system and structurally sound bodies. If you are interested in owning a Bar-Lar Shih Tzu pup, you can fill out the inquiry form on their website and they will email you with pictures and information on what they currently have. 1. Names don't matter much to us, though we include them here because Google likes them and we want people to be able to find us! The creator of the website does not have the knowledge, nor can be held responsible, for how each breeder conducts their breeding practices. Rosco . Privacy Policy You will also be given a list of must haves for your new puppy with links as to where to find them. I am a non-commercial breeder. Falling Star Shih Tzu Breeder Information and Details: RECOMMENDED:Male vs. No matter which of our homes your baby is raised in- rest assured that your puppy has been raised and loved as part of our family. If you are looking for a specific breed, sex, or size, we recommend that you fill out the adoption questionnaire. P Susan Cheney of Su Chen Shih Tzu began breeding pups in 2000. My husband and I waited five years for our very own puppy, and when we finally felt in a good place we started looking around for a breeder. Breeder - Owner - Handler Disclaimer | All of our puppies are born and raised in our home. She knew from the beginning that the Shih Tzu was the breed for her and has since enjoyed showing and breeding her dogs. Shih Tzu are known as smart dogs who do not shed their fur . Ask many questionsprior puppy family references, health guarantee, a written contract, etc. How to Find Shih Tzu Puppies in Your Area? Females: 2. Breeder Login | American soldiers stationed in European countries took Shih Tzu back to the United States with them in the late 1940s and 1950s. Barbara Ann Ewer and her husband Larry Ewer started Bar-Lar Shih Tzu 30 years ago and has since owned and bred over 50+ champions. All their pups are checked by a vet at ten weeks old and are up-to-date in vaccinations before they go to their new homes at 12 weeks. program which promotes continuing education for breeders. The American Kennel Club, Inc. 2022. As with any dog breed, it is always important to do your research into the dog breed that you are . The Shih Tzu is your lap dog. Color. She has had the honor Located in Illinois: 2.0 hrs from Chicago, 1.5 hrs from Iowa City, 4.5 hrs from St. Louis Missouri, 1.5 hrs from Wisconsin. 8. This directory should only serve as a starting point in your search for the best breed a person can ownThe Shih Tzu. Ryan's Shih Tzu is a small private hobby Shih Tzu breeder in Illinois.