1345 Main St, Ste D . They presented us with a complimentary dessert that was decorated with Happy Anniversary. If you havent been here yet, run dont walk. Do they allow us to bring wine with a corkage charge? (Clockwise from top left): the El Rey brle; pomegranate pointe-tini; arroz con pato (rice with duck). Keep up the good work. We rank these hotels, restaurants, and attractions by balancing reviews from our members with how close they are to this location. Save us a lot of driving. I would recommend this restaurant for any type of occasion, or even just A random night out dinner. My kids are 15 and 18, so I would take them along, but not if they were little. Selva is great but y", 855 S Tamiami Trl (btw Mound & Bahia Vista), "Really loved my eggplant parmesan appetizer - amazing! Yes, refreshing Yet sophisticated. Katie, our server, was attnetive but never rushed us to place our orders as we wanted time to enjoy before dinner cocktails. It does, and dessert is no exception. Download Foursquare for your smart phone and start exploring the world around you! There should be several higher quality selections like the scotch list. Yes, you can make a reservation by picking a date, time, and party size. MY FAMILY AND I ENJOYED EVERYTHING. The wait staff was excellent. Best restaurant ever!!!! I prefer quality over quantity. There's always a party, tasting, etc", "Great artwork for sale. Thank you! Highly recommend! Zoom in to see updated info. Distance: Detailed Reviews: Reviews order informed by descriptiveness of user-identified themes such as cleanliness, atmosphere, general tips and location information. Our server Austin was attentive, friendly and made for a great experience. Copyright 2023 OpenTable, Inc. 1 Montgomery St Ste 500, San Francisco CA 94104 - All rights reserved. Do your math. we stuck with mixed drinks to save the hassle.The food was enjoyable and the service was responsive. Quality down. Service. Alan Zuckerman. Mexican Service is fantastic. The bill came to $247 before tip. Location The West District at UTC Store Hours Mon-Thurs: 12pm-11pm Fri-Sat: 12pm-12am Sun: 4pm-11pm Phone (941) 358-6272 Address 67 N Cattlemen Road Sarasota, FL 34243 Get Directions Website www.selvagrill.com Discover More at UTC Exciting Events UTC comes alive each week with entertainment and excitement. WE HAVE BEEN CUSTOMERS BEFORE. Great dinner experience! The restaurant delivers on the Peruvian cuisine side, although pricing is a bit on the high side.An annoying feature is the wine list which has bottles offered up to $500 , but does not list vintages. THE PRICES ARE A LITTLE HIGH, BUT THE FOOD AND SERVICE ARE WORTH IT! Its cuisine is true indigenous Peruvian with great ceviche and other authentic Peruvian dishes. Selva Grills restaurant, cocktails and after-hour-menus adding to another fresh breath ofair quality environment. Fri 12:00 pm12:00 am We look forward to returning next time we want to go away for a weekend.More. Selva Grill Downtown Sarasota 4.7 5101 Reviews $31 to $50 Latin / Spanish Top Tags: Good for special occasions Great for creative cocktails Lively Selva offers innovative, intricately prepared dishes, plated and presented as works of art. Date of visit: May 2016. Does Selva University Town Center have outdoor seating? It was excellent. We live St. Petersburg and came down to Sarasota for a few days as a staycation. Charged for bottle water not ordered ( was removed from bill upon complaint) I had the duck entree and my husband had the short ribs. They have amazing fried rice too. Everything was fresh and flavorful! The food is outstanding! The presentation of eachdish was so precise and the food was so tasty. Great foods. My wife had surf and turf that was good. Does Selva University Town Center take reservations? I will definitely be there again soon!More, This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in the United States. Website. Selva Grill is a Peruvian restaurant that specializes in Latin fusion cuisine. Price range: $31 - $50. Colette chose a house specialty and one of her perennial favorites, an intensely flavored grilled skirt steak ($27) served on a generous bed of sweet fried plantains with a toothsome beet relish and a splendid chimichurri, that aromatic Argentine sauce created especially to complement grilled meats. Selva is always amazing! Selva Grill University Town Center Sarasota - OpenTable Ranked #43 of 937 Restaurants in Sarasota. brought us to our table. Asking for the vintage on each wine you are interested in is a nuisance at best, and a real turn off most times. Hyde Park Best Dishes. 45 Restaurants Near University Park Country Club | OpenTable Jen and Nate are the best! Readers' Choice: The Best Drinks and Bars in Sarasota Second is not real Latin Food and third is expensive for what you get. Had the red snapper special- the chef always has specials that are fantastic. We shared the Ceviche trio and scallops appetizer. One of the finest DJs of today. Fabulous homemade vegan food as well!!! 1345 Main St Ste D, Sarasota, FL 34236-5626 +1 941-362-4427 Website Menu. We were celebrating our anniversary. The sea bass could not have been better. I will not be reluctant again. Selva never seems to disappoint! It was well worth the price. Desserts, Coffee Shop, Bakery The hit of the night was the short ribs. Our waiter Drew was absolutely incredible! 2. The wine list likewise is right on the money, and service is informed and professional. One of the latter, called a pomegranate pointe-tini, I chose from a section of the drinks menu where $2 from the sale of each libation goes to Sarasota Ballet. My husband and I ate at Selva for the first time last night and had an incredible experience! The University location is fantastic. Very personable, charming and attentive. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. We love this resturant. Different types of food for every diet . The last present was a rose! Online Menu of Selva Grill, Sarasota, FL Could pay more attention to that. Over half hr before taking food order We will be going back soon. 29,160 were here. Clasico Italian Chophouse ($) Selva Grill: An Absolutely Wonderful Dining Experience; Both Food and Service - See 1,042 traveler reviews, 263 candid photos, and great deals for Sarasota, FL, at Tripadvisor. Selva Grill | Selva Grill Sarasota We had the lobster appetizer, chopped salad, paella and the duck dish. Jeanine Consoli. Latin / Spanish, Latin American, Peruvian, MonThu 12:00 pm11:00 pm They had a sign on the table wishing us a happy anniversary. from the hosts, servers, bartenders, and even management, it is such a welcoming and enjoyable experience every single time. Love their Spanish Caesar Salad! - Selva Grill - Tripadvisor The ceviches, octopus, and the tuna with watermelon are outstanding. He was extremely knowledgeable about the menu and made incredible recommendations. Selva was in walking distance of our hotel. Check out these top cookbooks of all time. Their version of a caesar salad is a must try!!! Selva University Town Center - Sarasota, FL - Yelp Food was ok nothing special. Disclaimer: Always check with the business for pricing and availability of menu items. It has been some time since our last visit. We look forward to returning next time we want to go away for a weekend. I probably would have enjoyed my dinner more, and given a better rating, if I'd changed my order.More, We have been to Selva many times over the years. Professional and attentive staff. But the must haves are any of the multiple ceviches on offer. But the waitress was great, probably she saved the night. brought us to our table. Listing of a menu does not mean that there is any affiliation, endorsement or sponsorship between SinglePlatform and the listed business. Operations manager is a disgrace ! Selva Grill ($$$) 4.4 Stars - 25 Votes Select a Rating! see review, Simons is absolutely the best restaurant in Sarasota!!!! He was very knowledgeable and overall great! Watermelon and raw tuna? Copyright 1996-2023 GAYOT All Rights Reserved GAYOT (pronounced guy-OH) The Guide To The Good Life - All Rights Reserved - Terms of Use - Disclaimer - Privacy Policy. The chicken egg rolls with a crme fresh avocado aioli was so good! I would recommend this restaurant for any type of occasion, or even just A random night out dinner. The lobster roll special was amazing. It sounded good but I really didnt get the taste and texture pleasure I would expect at such an expensive restaurant. This is more of an adult setting in my opinion. We appreciate the entire team, which makes Selva such a wonderful experience every time! An artfully lit wall of swirling color adds to the energy at downtowns Selva Grill. I believe he has left Selva and opened his own restaurant, in Northern Sarasota.I think his first name started with a "D", and his last name was Santa Maria, or something like that. Not a great steak. The only consistent delicious meal is the sea bass. Mushroom soup delicious. The menu features creative cocktails, fresh ceviches and top-notch Nuevo Latino dishes, like empanadas, seafood paella, salmon chileno topped with crab and manchego, and the famous skirt steak served atop plantains, beet relish and chimichurri. Another annoying feature is the noise level Modest shouting is required to have a conversation. What, what did you say?While a good meal this is not a repeat visit place for us. Served on wonton crisps. air quality environment. Happy Hour & Late Night Menus | Selva Grill Sarasota Our Vision Our Gallery Join The Team Happy Hour & Late Night Menus Happy Hour Happy Hour Menu Available Daily in the Bar and Lounge only Downtown Sarasota 4pm - 6pm University Town Ctr. 27 Best Restaurants in Downtown Sarasota [2022] - Sarasota Experts :) Obviously a big local favourite and hardly a spare table. 67 N. Cattlemen Rd., Sarasotatel 941.358.6272, Website Design, Development, and Photography by: Creative Sarasota. We would have eaten here many more times. janon, InterContinental (IHG) Hotels in Sarasota, Hotels near Mote Marine Laboratory & Aquarium, Hotels near Marie Selby Botanical Gardens, Hotels near Big Cat Habitat and Gulf Coast Sanctuary, Hotels near Unconditional Surrender Sculpture, Hotels near (SRQ) Sarasota/Bradenton International Airport, Hotels near (PIE) St. Petersburg Intl Airport, Italian Restaurants with Delivery in Sarasota, Late Night American Restaurants in Sarasota, Spanish Restaurants for Lunch in Sarasota, Restaurants for Special Occasions in Sarasota. Selva has earned raves from all Selva Grill South American Restaurant $$$$ Main Street Merchants, Sarasota Save Share Tips 39 Photos 138 Menu 8.6/ 10 120 ratings Menu Late Night Menu 2 Dinner Menu 7 Happy Hour Menu 3 Late Night Menu Sun - Thurs 10-11, Fri - Sat 11 - Close Main Selva Original Ceviche 9.00 Chef Darwin moved on to new ventures a while back, but Selva remains a culinary destination of distinction, its dining room still one of the coolest around with its color-swirled and artfully lighted east wall evoking Van Gogh's Starry Night and its menu offering a wealth of flawlessly executed Nuevo Latino dishes, which are inspired in large part by Peruvian cuisine. We've earned raves from all over the world, including from the New York Times, which said Selva is "serving possibly the best food in Sarasota," and that "everything on the menu is worth trying." Tonight my appetizer was quite good but my rack of lamb was medium and I ordered medium rare. Selva Grill. They may be the best Ive ever had. The waiter was fair to good. Review tags are currently only available for English language reviews. Price Point Make sure your information is up to date. Perfect night.More. *Parties of 9 or more please call the restaurant for reservations. Salad and empanada starters were great. Own or manage this property? Katie, our server, was attnetive but never rushed us to place our orders as we wanted time to enjoy before dinner cocktails. Award-winning international concert cellist and entertainer, Steve Kramer. Exceptional memorable evening, creative choice for food perfectly prepared and served by exceptional professional staff. We sat at a booth in the bar area which was lively with a DJ. Dinner Menu | Selva Grill Sarasota Last night, I didnt to venture off to the new location with my girlfriend and her family to celebrate a birthday. Make sure you click Allow or Grant Permissions if your browser asks for your location. We love Selva, it never disappoints. And don't forget: Selva is opening a location near the University Town Center mall soon. I had the lamb chops which were excellent. dressing - probably to help the ingredients hold their form. Delivery & Pickup Options - Rated 4.3/5 with 651 reviews of Selva Grill "Selva Grill is fabulous - the food and martinis are delicious. Get the recipe. He was very attentive and friendly. SELVA GRILL, Sarasota - Menu, Prices & Restaurant Reviews - Tripadvisor 0.02 miles, OfKors Bakery ($) Waitress never came to our table, we chase her , apologized but nothing moved, This dinner was to celebrate our 40th Anniversary. Award-winning international concert cellist and entertainer, Steve Kramer.More, The food and service were top draw. The attention to detail at Selva Grill by far exceeded my expectations. The cause is good and the drink is better, not some pale pink imitation of the red superfruit but nicely chilled vodka fortified with a bit of full-flavored pure. It was our anniversary and the staff goes above and beyond to make the experience memorable. Also, we were all able to ear and talk to each other. We always just eat appetizers, and they are great. Juan was our server. This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Everything was spectacular!!! My husband and I celebrated our anniversary at Selva's. SinglePlatform is not responsible for menu or pricing changes, but the information is believed to be accurate when posted. Everything was delivered to the correct person without asking. 0.02 miles, Main Street Creamery ($) Finally one place of entertainment in Sarasota, offering some class. Thank you so much!! As a frequent visitor I never have anything less than perfection. View Menu 1345 Main St Sarasota, FL 34236 (Map & Directions) (941) 362-4427 Cuisine: Latin American, Seafood, Spanish, Peruvian Neighborhood: Sarasota Website: www.selvagrill.com Leaflet | OSM See Larger Map - Get Directions Bookmark Update Menu Edit Info Read Reviews Write Review Share Long a Main Street superstar, Selva Grill is going strong, offering beautifully presented Nuevo Latino cuisine, exemplary cocktails and well-chosen wines in an urban chic space. Drizzled with a rosemary demi-glace, Svedka Vodka martini up slightly dirty with Blue cheese stuffed olives, Svedka Vodka, Fresh Squeezed Grapefruit and muddled Basil, Svedka Orange Vodka with St. Germain Elderflower liqueur And champagne, Svedka Vodka, triple sec and Fresh grapefruit juice topped with lemon-lime soda, Strawberry, Mango, Passionfruit, Watermelon, Blueberry, Raspberry, Svedka Orange Vodka, Triple Sec and cranberry, Bacardi Dragon Berry, fresh lemon, cranberry And a splash of lemon-lime soda, Svedka Orange Vodka, triple sec and Fresh orange juice topped with lemon-lime soda, Fresh mojito made from scratch. Food was delicious. The rankings reflect only GAYOT's opinion of the food. My daughter and I got the special, ribeye and guajillo mashed potatoes. We did not think it was outrageous for a fine dining restaurant and the quanity and quality of the food as we had 4 cocktails, 4 appetizers, one entree and after dinner coffee and cocktails. Sarasota. The waitress came to the table after we'd had our salads and were expecting our dinners to tell me the scallops had a slaw that had cilantro in it, which I had informed her I could not eat. Will definitely order those next visit. Everything was amazing! Mojitos are big sellers, as are pisco sours and variations on the martini. Not to mention it has an extensive wine list and one of the best happy hour menu's in Sarasota. My party shared the cobb salad, shrimp appetizer, lomo saltado, tuna tartare, and the salmon - ALL of which were great ( the lomo saltado was our fave, would definitely order it again). Selva's focus . Selva Grill 4.3 105 Reviews Cuban, Seafood, Tapas Sarasota, Tampa Bay 5pm - 12midnight (Today) Direction Bookmark Share Overview Reviews Photos Menu Selva Grill Menu Dinner Menu Happy Hour Menu Late Night Menu Ceviches Wahoo Ceviche Fresh Hawaiian Wahoo, cucumber, jalapenos, lime marinade and topped with fresh watermelon $14 Maya Shrimp Ceviche