It was a lot fun, the instructors where great-not only educated you correctly but had fun while doing it!!! Great job!! John really know his stuff.more, Just started Krav Maga two weeks ago, and I have to say it's one of my favorite things to lookmore, I started with BJJ, but soon added Krav Maga and Muay Thai. He spoke to me in terms I could understand and made working out easy and fun. WebPractical Self Defense Training Center in Waterbury, CT Our gym features regular weekly group based Martial Arts Classes in the following areas of interest: Filipino Martial Arts, Chinese Martial Arts, Mixed Martial Arts MMA, Muay Thai Kick Boxing, Conditioning & Fitness Training, Womens Self Defense, Martial Arts Classes for Children. Welcome to Northwest Connecticut Firearms Training. Copyright 2015Northwest Connecticut Firearms Training, LLC. But we find its the friendships and fun that keep students coming back. TRITAC-Unarmed teaches the vital techniques and tactics necessary for street self-defense situations, allowing you to respond accordingly to multiple opponents or opponents with weapons should a situation ever arise. The course in Massachusetts covers everything needed to obtain a LTC (license to carry) Class A, LTC Class B, and the FID (firearms identification card). The best self-defense system. Identify your physical and psychological limitations and learn to overcome both. Krav Maga Worldwide self-defense is renowned for being the best self-defense system because of the principles that its founder, Imi Lichtenfeld, believed in. Get in shape. The UConn Police Department in partnership Off-Campus Student Services, Residential Life, The Department of Allied Health Services and the Hawley Armory have teamed up to offer self-defense programming for both women and men on campus. Benefits include; situational awareness, sharpen mental fitness, boost strength and stamina while learning how to defend yourself in common self defense situations. He brings over 27 years of experience, starting his career in February 1992, and earning his black belt in 2001. But BORING, it is NOT! Enrollment for this class is full. We will teach you how to defend against a clubbed weapon, a knife and a handgun. For more information, please see our University Websites Privacy Notice. WebWe would like to show you a description here but the site wont allow us. Not to worry! Over 5000 participants reached at 175 plus classes since 2009! Our training facility is clean and most importantly, safe! "If you want to learn Self-Defense, this is the company to go to! The programs focus is two-fold: to teach techniques to recognize and reduce risk and increase awareness in potentially dangerous situations and to provide you with hands-on defense training. There is no martial arts involved, no steep learning curves in the program, and ANYONE can learn. In addition I too worked with Bryan and was the strongest and most confident Ive ever been. WebReviews on Krav Maga Classes in Stratford, CT - Hard-Core Self Defense: A Krav Maga School, Elite Combatives Krav Maga, Connecticut Krav Maga, Soulcraft Martial Arts, Break Thru Family With us, there's no need to hire a multitude of instructors. We offer Self Defense, Traditional Jujitsu & Kickboxing classes for children, teens and adults. Its like their second family. $99 per person,$175 for 2 people. WebWe offer classes in both Connecticut and Massachusetts. WebWe work hard to create a fun and safe training environment designed to help you learn! At Krav Maga Worldwide affiliates, youll receive informative instruction and learn practical techniques to push yourself mind and body to the next level. Reality based scenarios. Our training facility is clean and most importantly, safe! WebSelf Defense Classes Experienced Instructors 56 Riverside Drive, Thompson, Northeast Connecticut, CT 06277 Fill out the form below to get More Information today! We will find what works for you, and then provide support, encouragement, and guidance with absolute respect and professionalism. Weight loss, reduced stress, and mental focus are just a few of the positives I have personally experienced since starting classes. I think all women should take this training., It was a great class for the UConn Community!, Excellent course. If you are looking for a true self defense art, we highly recommend theKobukai Ju-Jitsu classes. Weather it's 50 rounds or 500 rounds we will stay on the range for all the time it takes for you to master the basic skills..Often, more than one area of expertise is required for training. The reality of modern combat is that the fight is NEVER one-on-one. Were a big, goofy family here in Northeast Connecticut . Beginning with Krav Maga and Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, the programs quickly expanded to include Bruce Lees Jeet Kune Do, Boxe Francaise Savate French Kickboxing, Filipino Martial Arts, and Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) competition training. All courses are taught by nationally certified R.A.D. teams and police. ", Regional Headquarters: Villaris Martial Arts Centers | 645 Poquonock Ave, Windsor, CT 06095 Karate, martial arts, and kung-fu are some of the best. RAD training I would highly recommend Quest Martial Arts to anyone!". The classes are fun and the instructors aremore, The krav maga techniques that I've learned there have increased my confidence and self-defensemore, I found Blitz Krav Maga through a Groupon deal and have really enjoyed my experience here so far.more, Kung-Fu, Karate, Muay Thai, Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, Krav Maga, Aikido, Jujutsu, Kickboxing, Judomore, This place is such a scam. View profiles, read reviews, check qualifications, and see prices before hiring. WebOur Escape Alive Survival Skills self defense program is the leading women's self defense program in Connecticut! Massachusetts LTC/FID Basic Firearms Safety Course LTC-001. You will not only learn effective defense techniques, but how to fight in Street Combat, MMA, or Sport Jiu-Jitsu. Dont get me wrong, these fighters are badasses. The program has also made it's way to FL, GA, MI, and NY. If you have questions or inquiries about our self-defense program, or to schedule a demonstration of the Womens Self-Defense program, email [email protected], Reporting Records & Victim Services NOSHOW, Education and Crime Prevention Programs & Events, Experiential Education Internships and Practicum Experiences, Safety Techniques and Awareness Resource Team, Campus Security Authority (CSA) Reporting Form, University Safety Emergency Communications, University Public Access AEDs, Bleeding Control and CPR, How to Improve Safety and Security In Your Enviroment, Components of the Physical Security System, Life Safety Systems Specification and Enabling Policy, Womens Self Defense Classes: Surviving Violent Encounters. Its not just a workout its a life-saving skill. It will teach you to shootbetter, be more proficient, and most of all feel comfortable with that gun. Chinese Martial Art focused on Self Defense. Cinco Teros Baguio Arnis Silat Training Group is a traditional stick/knife and hand to hand fighting techniques as taught by Cinco Teros Baguio founder Maestro Mayor Rolando Hong. The student class features guest speakers from our on-campus and local partners. So fun its addicting! Our amazing Self Defense Program keeps you safe, burns fat & builds lean muscle, fast. The core of our self-defense classes in Connecticut is designed around the same programs originally utilized by the Israel Defense Forces. Kempo Karate of Darien is dedicated to providing an outstanding customer experience. I wanted to learn self-defense that includes a fitness plan. This class is a great nucleus for all of our other programs. Everyone in the class is so supportive and encouraging. WebModern Self-Defense Center offers hands-on, effective self-defense training methods for people of all shapes, sizes, and experience levels. Imi created Krav Maga as way of brining people with little to no hand-to-hand combat experience to a high level of proficiency in hand-to-hand combat, in a very short period of time. WebConnecticut Krav Maga - Best Self Defense Classes in CT What is Krav Maga? The 12 hour course usually broken down into 3 and 4 hour blocks, educates women about defensive strategies using simple and effective tactics and a unique teaching methodology. instructors from the UConn Police and Fire Departments. Famous for unique strategies and training methods for reflexes, sensitivity, and body power development. Our training facility is clean and most importantly, safe! I've never sweat this much in my life and I love every minute of it. And learn how to effectively defend yourself with their premier reality based self defense workshops. Personal Safety Begins with YOU! Register for a Class Class Calendar Contact Us Special Announcements: - Next one day class- April 29, 2023- 1-5 pm- Wolcott, CT- 12 yrs and older- Free to participants- Reg Here ", "If you are looking to get in shape while having some fun this is the place to be! WebSelf-defense Classes. Go home safe. This Reality-Based Combat Jiu-Jitsu System combines elements of the TRITAC Combatives System, Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Japanese Jujutsu, and Wrestling. GET MORE INFO WARNING: Offer Expires In Days Hours Minutes Seconds Powerful Self-Defense Keeps You Safe. ( Taught by Sifu DiGuiseppi ) Kids Brazillian JuJitsu Convenient, accessible, effective self-defense training on your own schedule. WebOur Escape Alive Survival Skills self defense program is the leading women's self defense program in Connecticut! Its your life and/or your loved ones lives. So even the most uncoordinated person will develop ninja-like skills! Cinco Teros Baguio in Stamford CT is the only the only school in the USA that teaches this style. This class will include on the range trainingone on one with the instructor. I am so glad that I got involved in an activity where I have made many wonderful friends, gotten healthier, and gained so much confidence! We focus on teaching Fitness, Self- Defense, Integrity, Concentration, Perserverance, Self- Control, Respect & Obedience, Humility,and Indomitable Spirit . WebKing Academy Of Martial Arts is a business that offers self defense lessons and tactical training for commercial clientele. People also searched for these in Stratford: What are some popular services for martial arts? This is the ideal program for professionals who want to avoid injuries and competitive attitudes. Free Womens Self-Defense Class (Spring Semester 2023): This class will be held at the UConn Recreation Center on the Storrs campus. Other classes offered arecriminal law, conceal carry, range safety officer, self defense, home firearm safety,and home protection. Established in 1989 we specialize in personalized martial arts classes for the entire family in a safe, clean and professional environment. Ask questions, confirm their availability, and hire the right instructor when you're ready. We welcome newcomers with open arms! Our websites may use cookies to personalize and enhance your experience. Thats what people all over Northeast Connecticut are discovering. I'm finally getting in shape which is long overdue. Email [email protected] for more info. R.A.D. Book in for our limited time offer on this page! At Villari's Martial Arts Centers, our professional full-time martial arts instructors help develop self-confidence, self-esteem, and Since I joined the Adult Program about 6 months ago my health has improved and I have more energy! Email [email protected] for inquiries. for men stands for Resisting Aggression with Defense and is designed to empower men to make different decisions when confronted with aggressive behavior. These are the challenges we prepare you for in our classes. Our karate instructors have over 30 years of cumulative martial arts experience, and will do everything in our power to help you reach your goals. WebPractical Self Defense Training Center in Waterbury, CT Our gym features regular weekly group based Martial Arts Classes in the following areas of interest: Filipino Martial Arts, Chinese Martial Arts, Mixed Martial Arts MMA, Muay Thai Kick Boxing, Conditioning & Fitness Training, Womens Self Defense, Martial Arts Classes for Children. Famous for unique strategies and training methods for reflexes, sensitivity, and body power development. Cesar also is a certified IBJJF (International Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Federation) referee, the most important organization of BJJ in the world. WebSelf-defense Classes. Youll learn the same instinctive movements relied upon by military and law enforcement to be ready for any real world situation. This class is a great nucleus for all of our other programs. Modern Self-Defense Center is the ONLY source offering live, instructor-led virtual reality lessons. Chinese Martial Art focused on Self Defense. Modern Self-Defense Center offers hands-on, effective self-defense training methods for people of all shapes, sizes, and experience levels. We would still be working with him had we not moved out of state. Use tab to navigate through the menu items. WebConnecticut Krav Maga - Best Self Defense Classes in CT What is Krav Maga? If you're that student who just obtained a permit and purchased your first gun and want to learn how handle, load , shoot and clean the gun than we have a class for you. Over 17 years experience as a personal fitness professional. NASM-Certified trainer, stretch and extensibility, integrated core, core balance. The programs focus is two-fold: to teach techniques to recognize and reduce risk and increase awareness in potentially dangerous situations and to provide you with hands-on defense training. The TRITAC-Jitsu System focuses onCombat Throws, Takedowns, Clinch Fighting, Close-Quarters Striking, Ground Fighting, and Weapons Defense. ", "My experience started out as an eight week fitness challenge. All classes are taught by certified police instructors and held at the WebGround Defense learn realistic and effective ground fighting skills including chokes, bone breaks, sweeps, reversals, positioning and more. He incorporated mind, body and spirit into his lessons. Nothing takes workday stress away like a great karate class! We love our mission because its about service, and we find we attract friendly, like-minded clients. 56 Riverside Drive, Thompson, Northeast Connecticut, CT 06277, Kids Martial Arts (Ages 5-6) in Northeast Connecticut, Kids Martial Arts (Ages 7-11) in Northeast Connecticut, Teen Martial Arts in Northeast Connecticut, Adult Martial Arts in Northeast Connecticut, Self Defense Program in Northeast Connecticut, Birthday Parties in Northeast Connecticut. $99 per person,$175 for 2 people. This class is a great nucleus for all of our other programs. TRITAC-Jitsu is An Evolution in Combat Jiu-Jitsu. Always available 24/7 lifetime access. Some popular services for martial arts include: What are people saying about martial arts in Stratford, CT? The techniques taught in class are easy to learn and functional. At Villari's Martial Arts Centers, our professional full-time martial arts instructors help develop self-confidence, self-esteem, and All classes are taught by certified police instructors and held at the There is no martial arts involved, no steep learning curves in the program, and ANYONE can learn. WebJoin the movement toward better Personal Safety with CT's Leading Personal Safety and Self Defense Program! I enjoyed getting to meet UConn police officers., This was an amazing experience. So you will fit right in! His knowledge of the combat Sports and patients and the way he breaks it down makes it easy to learn eye, hands and feet coordination, etc ", Winston goes out of his way to make sure that he is meeting each client's individual needs. I hate doing gym workouts, I find them boring. Visit us in central Connecticut, or learn self-defense online with our remote lessons and What skills do YOU need to know to defend yourself and your loved ones? WebConnecticut Wing Chun For Age 12+ Co-ed. WebReviews on Krav Maga Classes in Stratford, CT - Hard-Core Self Defense: A Krav Maga School, Elite Combatives Krav Maga, Connecticut Krav Maga, Soulcraft Martial Arts, Break Thru Family Give yourself some time, and you will be astounded at how much you improve! Class should be a joy, not a chore. WebBashta's Martial Arts is a family-friendly provider of martial arts training for the whole family proudly located in Hamden, CT. 2- Does my Martial Art train me in both the use and defense against modern day weapons that I would find on the street? It is a program I highly recommend! But, where sport fails and reality-combat takes over, is when attackers suprise you, attack with weapons, or attack with multiple opponents. This class is open tostudents, staff, and faculty at the University of Connecticut. Receive exclusive discounts and early access to new training opportunities. The Rape Aggression Defense System (RAD) teaches men and women realistic self-defense tactics and techniques. Use tab to navigate through the menu items. MSDC offers an exclusive BJJ program and methodology designed for incredibly safe training, while developing skillsets at an accelerated pace. WebWe offer classes in both Connecticut and Massachusetts. Recent success stories from people in the Stamford area. These athletes are the top fighters in the world and seriously know how to kick some ass. Defend Against Common Weapons. This is a review for martial arts in Stratford, CT: "Just started Krav Maga two weeks ago, and I have to say it's one of my favorite things to look forward to at the end of my work days. The course includes an illustrated and easily read student manual that outlines the entire physical self-defense program. Defense Against Common Attacks. If you want to get in shape and learn self defense, I highly recommend this place.". What did people search for similar to krav maga classes in Stratford, CT? He ran his own Martial Arts academy (Sport Physical Academy) from 1992-2000, then worked as an instructor for Brazilian Top Team (BTT) from 2005-2010 in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. Great training partners are what make it that way. As a single parent, quality time with other adults is a rare commodity; this class has introduced me to many new friends, both instructors and adult students, with whom I enjoy laughing and learning. WebLearn proven techniques and bolster your confidence in self-defense situations. Beginners start as basic as learning how to properly stand in a fighting stance. Modern Sport Martial Arts (UFC) are incredible! The core of our self-defense classes in Connecticut is designed around the same programs originally utilized by the Israel Defense Forces. The R.A.D. We have taught over 150 classes with over 4000 participants since 2009, thanks to our partnership with Jane Doe No More. Self-Defense School in the state of CT. All classes include all materials, handouts, ammunition and use of pistols, revolvers, rifles, and shotguns. We built our programs starting with the question, What if you could walk away from your very first lesson with usable, effective skills? And then we built every class after that the same way. Connecticut Krav Maga - Best Self Defense Classes in CT. Students agree: these instructors are highly rated for knowledge, experience, communication, and more. Self Defense will work your body in totally new ways. You can also call Steve at 860-837-4911 or [email protected]. The course in Connecticut covers everythingneeded to obtain a pistol permit. The core of our self-defense classes in Connecticut is designed around the same programs originally utilized by the Israel Defense Forces. WebConnecticut Wing Chun For Age 12+ Co-ed. We enjoy making a positive difference in peoples lives through professional martial arts training. ", "The physical changes I've experienced are nothing compared to the friendships I have made here. Jiu-Jitsu is regarded as one of the most effective self-defense arts. WebAt East Coast Training Systems, located in Waterbury, CT, we believe in helping you achieve your goal. Adding a business to Yelp is always free. Whether that goal is to learn self defense, get in better shape, provide a safe and fun activity for your child, or taking up a new challenge yourself. Whether that goal is to learn self defense, get in better shape, provide a safe and fun activity for your child, or taking up a new challenge yourself. Click below to learn more! WebAt East Coast Training Systems, located in Waterbury, CT, we believe in helping you achieve your goal. Safer, faster, period. We are a traditional Korean style martial arts school (Tang Soo Do) not a sport (Tae Kwon Do) which focuses on building Body, Mind, and Spirit. Classes are broken up into beginner intermediate and advanced. The face of reality-based self-defense has changed. Now Im trying new things, challenging myself, and pushing myself a little further each week and most of allit's so much fun! Quest Martial Arts provides martial arts classes to Thompson, Putnam, Woodstock, Pomfret & Killingly communities. system is not a martial arts class. Friday nights, 6-7 pm. WebReviews on Krav Maga Classes in Stratford, CT - Hard-Core Self Defense: A Krav Maga School, Elite Combatives Krav Maga, Connecticut Krav Maga, Soulcraft Martial Arts, Break Thru Family At the JSA we have two options for Reality-Based Self-Defense: Kobukai Ju-Jitsu (Combat Ju-Jitsu) and Defence Lab DNA (Defense in Attack) System. Famous for unique strategies and training methods for reflexes, sensitivity, and body power development. WebCALL (203) 526-0742 Weekly Group Self Defense Programs Held at 200 Main ST | Unit 3D | Monroe CT You Can Learn To Protect Yourself Womens Self Defense Programs (Women & Teen Girls) Kickboxing & Martial Arts Programs (Adults & Teens) Weapons Self Defense Programs (Adults & Teens) Group Self Defense Programs (Adults & Teens) Why Train WebTo help every child, reach their personal goals, realize their full potential, and achieve Black Belt excellence. Combat objective battle ready application (or C.O.B.R.A.) The loser gets seriously hurt, raped or killed. This website uses cookies so that we can provide you with the best user experience possible. We make each other smile and laugh. Most common attacks are 2 or 3 against you. Train with an expert instructor 1-on-1, in a small group, or in a seminar or workshop. Meet just a few times or regularly - you control the frequency and learn as much or as little as you need, Book in 30 or 60 minute increments for maximum convenience (30 min Recommended for remote training), HD Video using Zoom, Skype, or other applications, Real time, live instruction with an expert instructor delivered remotely via your VR Headset. WebJoin the movement toward better Personal Safety with CT's Leading Personal Safety and Self Defense Program! ", "I am very happy to be learning karate here. The classes are taught be laid back instructors who make the class fun and enjoyable but make sure all information, laws, and skills are covered. Not only do we offer the most informative instruction in Krav Maga, but we are a professional and supportive community. Will that be a problem. Over a year later, I have earned a blue belt, feel better, and am less stressed overall. The course in Connecticut covers everything needed to obtain a pistol permit. Students at all levels of ability, age, experience, and strength will be provided with techniques and information that can be effectively used from the first day of class. It's great to work out with a stellar group of people week in and week out. Please note: we acknowledge your privacy as an aspect of your personal security. WebKing Academy Of Martial Arts is a business that offers self defense lessons and tactical training for commercial clientele. The best tips for improving Krav Maga self-defense skills faster. Seats are offered on a first-come/first-serve basis and classes fill up quickly! If you want to be consistently challenged, train with Winston! The Modern Self-Defense Center was founded in 2002, with the purpose of bringing the most effective, up-to-date training methods in Martial Arts and Self-Defense to the greater Connecticut region. Self-Defense School in the state of CT. ft. dojo in West Hartford CT has everything you need for your self defense class and more. Our roots go back to the creator of Krav Maga itself, Imi Lichtenfeld. Personal Safety Begins with YOU! Register for a Class Class Calendar Contact Us Special Announcements: - Next one day class- April 29, 2023- 1-5 pm- Wolcott, CT- 12 yrs and older- Free to participants- Reg Here For 7 years MSDC offered a free self-defense class every week. We have taught over 150 classes with over 4000 participants since 2009, thanks to our partnership with Jane Doe No More. I'm confidenteach and every student will walk away with the skills and knowledge necessaryto safely handle, clean, load, and fire any firearm. Dont worry, well make you a badass too! All Rights Reserved. Imi was a Nazi resistance fighter during WW2 before moving to Israel and being put in charge of training the countrys newly formed military. Youll receive periodic emails from us once in a while, not too often. The world out there is not a play-ground, its NOT sport, and its not to be treated lightly. For 7 years MSDC offered a free self-defense class every week. It was originally used on the battlefields of Japan by the Samurai. The program is excellent, the trainers are helpful, knowledgeable and motivational, the support staff ismore, Best martial art school in the area. The Rape Aggression Defense System (RAD) teaches men and women realistic self-defense tactics and techniques.