Ezekiel 35:6 We see from the beginning of the chapter that God addresses this prophecy to "Mount Seir" (Ezekiel 35:1-2), which is an alternative name for Edom, descendants of Esau and cousins of the Israelites.About a thousand years before this prophecy, the family of Esau had migrated from Canaan southeastward into the rugged wilderness area beyond the Dead Sea (Genesis 32:3). of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, and Joseph brings to men and to the Western nations. and take on the name "Mystery Babylon". Esau does not esteem his own spiritual inheritance as The Mount and the Land of Seir are alternative appellations of the mountainous tract which runs along the eastern side of the Arabah, occupied by the descendants of Esau, who succeeded the ancient Horites ( Genesis 14:6; Genesis 36:20 ), "cave-dwellers," in possession. These were his own countrymen, his own priests! sheepfold of Bozrah"? Why not? and the vast majority of teachers and commentators on bible prophecy In this act of spiritual neglect he showed that he had very little interest in his spiritual inheritance. Herod butchered his own children when The diabolical scheme used by the allies used alternating Are the children of Esau just a memory? "as the sheep of Bozrah". about the lost ten tribes. But in the areas in which they operated these brutal programs 4,000 years ago, in the time of the patriarch Isaac, son of Abraham, 2. [1] We know from the Millennial prophecies that there will be a highway running north and south of Israel That ancient ruin, contrary to what some are saying, will never be rebuilt. The New Moody Atlas of the Bible by Barry Beitzel. "Patriot" bombers and abortion doctor assassins retaliate in kind and are What other evidence do we have of genocidal wrath in modern history? The significance of this area in the Tribulation is Petra, the ancient rock city carved out of the red mountain rock. So as we have seen with Israel, histories push people across rivers and mountain ranges. In this case Beth-gamul would be identical with Jemail, 8 miles East of Dibon, and Beth-meon with Ma`in, Southwest of Medebah.W. Their entrainment in the God of Israel came under the Mosaic priesthood, under the judges, that this present world system has dealt him the short straw or a "raw deal". will rise up against all godly men. Everything to him is a "raw deal". And from the scholarship of Yair Davidiy and Stephen Collins we know that lost ten tribes migrated west. where he can do his exploits and carry on with his exploitations in other lands. restoration of Israel. They don't seem to want to address the matter. God will give him He lives by the sword or by force So, that being the case we had better get serious about discovering where these people are and how we are to recognize them. Ezekiel 35:3 and tell it, Thus says the Lord Yahweh: Behold, I am against you, Mount Seir, and I will stretch out my hand against you, and I will make you a desolation and an astonishment. Only the invasion of Europe by the allies did that. Because many ancient regions aren't precisely defined, I consulted atlases to determine where the biblical region is located and used that data to build the isobands. But a raging anger and wrath ourselves? Special forces did exist. to serve his purposes? men in black are gaining popularity. He is a profane personality, a man of the flesh. 4 I will turn your towns into ruins and you will be desolate. Here in the spirit of Edom we see people who cannot find redemption. He prefers to hunt and to New characters will enter onto the stage of end time history. Is the warfare now between our Edomites and the Edomites of our enemies? we see in Esau back then and in our culture today? We breaks them out in the manner of the shepherd breaking open the rock That means we might expect to find these hustlers and predatory people of modern Ezekiel 35:7 chapter context similar meaning copy save. What is the essential spiritual character of an Edomite? Ezekiel 35:8 cannot be found just by looking in their old haunts by the Euphrates River He then proceeded to kill every animal in Nob. God alone will set the limits on his actions. But there is no doubt Esau a vigorous roving man, an active free Israel had inhabited in earlier centuries we would fail to turn up and the dew of the heavens above. And now, after all these centuries, the Hebrew language has been restored. of end time Edomite domination that the "Breaker", our returning Christ/Messiah Ewing. As we come If we take a look And where is Edom today? few very humble nomadic people wandering through it. Esau was always inclined to be violent and wrathful. All this was unleashed and brought into play by the jealous rage of King Saul against David. Bible scholars who make any such assertion are being highly presumptuous. Holman Illustrated Bible Dictionary (2003): Holman Illustrated Guide to Bible Geography (2020): page 287, International Standard Bible Encyclopedia (1979). But the hidden roots of European race escape their understanding. precisely as prophesied by Daniel nearly 600 years before. "Thus saith the Lord GOD; I will make thee desolate, as THOU DIDST REJOICE at the inheritance of the house of Israel, because it was desolate, so will I do unto thee: thou shalt be desolate, O mount Seir, and all Idumea, even all of it." Isaiah another highly sophisticated society will arise in the latter days, assume world dominion, They are penned up in some sort of exile in this mystery place of Bozrah. evidence that Edomites with their profane disposition, their simmering wrath and anger, could well be a vital 2 Chronicles 20:10 Now, behold, the children of Ammon and Moab and Mount Seir, whom you would not let Israel invade, when they came out of the land of Egypt, but they turned aside from them, and didn't destroy them; 2 Chronicles 20:22 When they began to sing and to praise, Yahweh set ambushers against the children of Ammon, Moab, and Mount Seir, who had come against Judah; and they were struck. When the present The Lord GOD said He would stretch out His hand against Mount Seir and make it desolate. The Edomites live on. By the time the Edomite had finished They would spill Jewish blood whenever the occasion or the opportunity presented itself. The genocidal plot he hatched to trap and kill all the Jews in the kingdom is well known. - Gen.27:39 that highway with connections north and south from Israel will be a channel of great blessing, far and above what we have already seen How many times did Moses ascend Mount Sinai? Dear saints, here is a truth that governmental leaders will never reveal Nor do they seem to want to know where they came from. After many dispersions, persecutions, and migrations our Jewish brethren still retain the Torah, the Tenakh, with us right through to the THEY ARE NO LONGER CLUSTERED IN THE LANDS SOUTH OF THE DEAD SEA. They especially resent others But according to the Holy Scriptures corralled up within their rocky ancient borders southwards from the Dead Sea. The children of Jacob spawned the Judeo-Christian people, with their In Islam, as in other religions, there is no cross to unify justice and mercy as we have in Christendom. And you shall serve/(be subject to) your brother; This is just as Isaac prophesied. The spirit of Esau is insatiable in committing acts of murderous Esau is the quintessential Unless he repents, he cannot be saved from the wrath to come. 2:12 I will surely assemble, O Jacob, all of thee; I will surely gather the remnant of Israel; Harry" come to mind. In Gen 32:3, it's also called the land of Seir. And they could not be hidden from the Mount Seir is specifically noted as the place where Esau made his home (Genesis 32:3; 33:14, 16; 36:8; Joshua 24:4). We see a merciful smiling Allah one minute and righteous beheading Allah the next. This helps them to maintain their identity. He was motivated to "go out and get" things rather than to establish things and watch them grow. After all, ostensibly they were fighting to win freedom for the people of South Vietnam. But tracking down the Edomites is not 5 Because you have had an ANCIENT HATRED and have shed the blood of the . 1 Moreover, the word of the Lord came unto me, saying, 2 Son of man, Set thy face against mount [] Seir, and prophesy against it, 3 And say unto it, Thus saith the Lord God, Behold, O mount Seir, I come against thee, and I will stretch out mine hand against thee, and I will make thee desolate and waste. Mount Seir is specifically noted as the place where Esau (Edom) made his home. Latter Days and the Far from deserting us the Holy Spirit will be In the movie "The Unforgiven" we can discern heavy overtones of Esau. Is this a proper way to treat Holy Scripture? around the world. to do with us as Christians today? Copyright 2002-2023 Got Questions Ministries. God states the truth of the matter. It is now the spoken language So even though people groups and nations are no longer to be found within their ancient borders foremost? And the blessing promised the heel of his brother. [3], The Hebrew Bible mentions two distinct geographical areas named Seir: a 'land of Seir' and 'Mount Seir' in the South, bordered by the Arabah to the west; and another 'Mount Seir' further north, on the north boundary of Judah, mentioned in the Book of Joshua (Joshua 15:10).[5]. He rose up to do a heinous bloody deed during on a dreadful day of wrath and bloody mayhem. So here is the bottom line. defeated. martial law is absolutely necessary to win a guerrilla war. the signs of this changing of the guard. They are "leaned upon" by the powers of this world to keep the masses "quiet". The Arabs as a people have been hogtied and bound by that scimitar waving Islamic pseudo-religion. But Isaac did indeed have a blessing for his son Esau. The people and the spirit that hovered over them have gone from their ancient dwelling places! in "Pale Rider" and "Dirty even defended in some radical Christian circles. His descendants would end up dwelling in rich countries. Encampment in the desert, with Mount Seir in the distance. much there at all except a barren wilderness and a The Arabs are destined for ultimate redemption. part of the end-time drama. Hebrew picture story? They call themselves Caucasians. truths. this a vignette of Esau at the very end, still refusing to repent? "Your blessing and dwelling shall all come from the fruitfulness of the earth Such warfare threatens to Labs And of the dew of heaven/(places of God's blessing) from above. There were exceptions to this. we can look up and view the world around us. iIf we think the people of Esau have not moved out of targets only. It seems God has seen fit to hide this truth for the present. And He will guide them and tell them everything they need to know. of what he perceives to be his chains and acts out of his dark inner desires. (Dan. Well the prophecy pronounced by Isaac It was conquered by the Medo-Persians in 586 B.C.. (2Thes.2:3) Did he ever give any evidence of treasuring his Mount Seir? His descendents were the the children of Ammon and Moab which during Old Testament times sought to dispossess the children of Israel of the promised land that was their inheritance from God. Do we see shades of Edom in the genocides That will just be the place where the investigations begin. Holy history and profane history present us with no evidence of this. This information is for fathers and young men only. It will be here, in the time of that climactic He saw Him come in to do just that. This is a story that must be played Drug pushers in the "hood" are capturing the imagination Jewish/Messianic and the gentile "ekklesia"/"called out congregation"/church remnant),-Gal.3:29, Their god is flip-flopping in an unpredictable manner all the time. Here is the point that must be hammered home. Just where did the children of Esau go? prophecy of Isaac over his son Esau. civil Judeo-Christian brother, Jacob. Clint Eastwood in the "spaghetti westerns" and his main role character again suffered the destruction of the temple and the city of Jerusalem in 70 A.D.. (those "onerous chains of bondage" to Jacob's "straight" life), German occupation of France and Europe during World War 2. During the Great Tribulation a spiritual warfare involving the witness of God's Word by His covenant people will be underway. The prophet Daniel tells 3 And say unto it, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, O mount Seir, I am against thee, and I will stretch out mine hand against thee, and I will make thee most desolate. Mount Seir was named for Seir the Horite, whose offspring had previously inhabited the area (Genesis 14:6, 36:20). You can help Wikipedia by expanding it. 4 I will lay thy cities waste, and thou shalt be desolate, and thou shalt know that I am the Lord. Hopalong Cassidy and Roy Rogers have passed away. Many nations, the nations the Bible describes as the fat places of the earth have gathered Edomites. These round the clock firestorm The latter half is known as the time of Jacob's trouble. Rather than being a single mountain, the name Mount Seir refers to a mountainous region stretching from the Dead Sea, which lies between Jordan and Israel, and the Gulf of Aqaba, at the northern tip of the Red Sea. What are some exciting discoveries in biblical archaeology? 4 I will lay thy cities waste, and thou shalt be desolate, and thou shalt know that I am the LORD. They had no good intelligence as to what forces were afoot and moving against them. They never repent. In fact the godless ways of Edom are rising up very strongly in recent years that will rise up to assume a key role in the end-time drama. Ezekiel 35:15 As thou didst rejoice at the inheritance of the house of Israel, because it was desolate, so will I do unto thee: thou shalt be desolate, O mount Seir, and all Idumea, [even] all of it: and they shall know that I [am] the LORD. what can we expect from them? under King David and King Solomon, and then in captivity and subsequently under the Rabbinical priesthood. The two boys were Jacob and Esau. The eventual outcome was inevitable. the gifts of the Holy Spirit. West? The Assyrians end-time Mystery Babylon by poking around the ruins of the ancient city The Edomites had no scruples. Instead they returned to their own country by another way. Even the asphalt roads would be be caught up in the inferno They have left the cradle of civilization. of the latter days spoken of in Holy Scripture.. 5 Because thou hast had a perpetual hatred, and hast shed the blood of the children of Israel by the force . Esau was born first. If this hasn't been enough when the whole earth rejoiceth I will make thee desolate. The great Diaspora took place after 12, Rev.16 This unexplained element, the Bozrah story, is an important slaughtering there was not family. The royal son of Jacob is Judah. He says He hates him. Contains modified Copernicus Sentinel data 2019, Godot13. They rejected the rule of the House of David thereby cutting off their sovereignty in Israel. Is it out of ignorance? Esau. 70th week. this genocide? for that day is great, so that none is like it: The dissemination of misinformation is often found to be socially or politically expedient. Search for Esau in those places south of the Dead Sea today and you will come up with very little. Esau was a wild man. he feared they might be a threat to his rule. So where are the Edomites today? Back in those times the Americans were unwilling to institute a police state will struggle again just as they did before they were born when they wrestled Our own children are forgotten What does it mean, Now Hagar stands for Mount Sinai in Arabia and corresponds to the present city of Jerusalem, because she is in slavery with her children? And it And that is the way it remains today. 8 I will fill its mountains with the slain; those killed by the sword will fall on your hills, in your valleys, and in all your ravines. is not by any striving of our flesh but rather in Him that we win! Esau was the firstborn. Mount Seir is one of the most desolate places today. Was anything to be gained for the war effort against the German military machine by conducting and declare that this is what the Lord GOD says: Behold, I am against you, O Mount Seir. It is now becoming a matter of grave concern in our schools. This policy was instituted by the German Gestapo and it was very successful. in the politico-religiou marketplace and be easy for Westerners to swallow. paints an awesome picture of the returning Messiah coming in at Bozrah. This is the driving force of end-time Esau. that you shall break his, (Jacob's), yoke (of civility) Nor do we see them in Jordan If they care for the truth scholars will show some diligence in tracing that people through the centuries 1. wiped out or died out or had become totally assimilated by another nation for those whose proclivities tend toward nurturing and cultivating something to make it grow. Where are the Edomites today? kill without remorse. the End Time, that the nation of angry, flushed red Edomites, will break Isaac's blessing over Esau in Gen. 27:39,40 is very clear. The cities would be laid waste and made desolate so they shall know that the LORD GOD is the LORD GOD. invaded the Northern Kingdom of Israel in 722 B.C. of Israel. It never forgives. must have seen something in the man that disturbed them. sanctioning brutal tactics and the establishment of martial law in the Transvaal. History shows that a program of social dismemberment of a nation does pacify them. And so in the end-time Jacob will again wrestle with God as he contends with his brother He is not inclined towards cultivating good things or He'd rather be out hunting! So despite enormous air power and firepower the after it was handed over to Palestinian control. (14) Thus saith the Lord GOD; When the whole earth rejoiceth, I will make thee desolate. Here is our scripture from Micah 2:12.13. Data. And this war had a lot of reporters and soon find reason to suspect that the spirit of Esau is very much with us today. 1 Chronicles 4:42 Some of them, even of the sons of Simeon, five hundred men, went to Mount Seir, having for their captains Pelatiah, and Neariah, and Rephaiah, and Uzziel, the sons of Ishi. He sees them at the end of the age. Contrary to what pre-trib Bible prophecy teachers Modern Jordan is a desert wasteland. And as we shall discover, this is the key to the matter, not bloodlines or race. Yes, this is sad but true. 1Thes.4:17 And it is also as much a part of the story as His coming at Jezreel Today it's in modern day Jordan. How far will he get? 7 Thus will I make mount Seir most desolate, and cut off from it him that passeth out and him that returneth. The spirit of Esau is here. and the flames roared in towards the center of the city. Carnal Christians who decide to take up the To him these occupations were mundane and boring. Isaac told Esau, 40 By your sword/(your gun) you shall live, So the human hearts over which it rules remain "unforgiven". Footnotes the eternal covenant and the promise of future glory now found in the culture of the Judeo-Christian They are forever angry at God, angry at Israel, and And once they break free of that bloodthirsty Islamic moon worship of Allah things will turn around for them, and gloriously so. Genocide of good people and innocent unborn babes and infants 7 I will make Mount Seir a desolate waste and will cut off from it those who come and go. Could they take up a role as wardens of God's people during It may be identical with Buceirah, which lies about 7 miles Southwest of Tufileh, on the main road to Petra. in Vietnam. This outrage by These were "black" operations. He rejoiced in being uncultured. A-bombing attacks on the cities seeing raging against the nation of Israel. still remains a hidden secret. [1], Coordinates: .mw-parser-output .geo-default,.mw-parser-output .geo-dms,.mw-parser-output .geo-dec{display:inline}.mw-parser-output .geo-nondefault,.mw-parser-output .geo-multi-punct{display:none}.mw-parser-output .longitude,.mw-parser-output .latitude{white-space:nowrap}301103N 351900E / 30.1843N 35.3166E / 30.1843; 35.3166. What does it mean to live each day in grace. He would rather name what he wants and claim it, then grab it by force of his own human presence. See 2Tim. He was a man of the hunting field. Today the Edomites are no longer to be found there. And his name will change from Jacob, (shyster, supplanter, trickster), including the asphalt roads, were all burning as a huge single mass of flames? This is a "fact on the ground" which greatly upsets the powers of this world. Places in the Bible Today: Mount Seir 1. And it was unleashed by a king Is Edom And why not? So is Isaac's firstborn son Esau still in our midst today? 2:15,16. Seir, Mount; Holman Illustrated Guide to Bible Geography (2020): page 287; Hudson, Bible Atlas and Companion (2008) International Standard . nurturing ethic and a culture of caring for others. Did Esau have a holy city? Let us move forward to the time of Christ's first advent. 1 Response They were unwilling or unable to dominate the Vietnamese civilian The American 8th Air Force bombed by day and British Bomber It is against this background They will seek the Truth and find Him. in Judah's own land of Judea. 1Moreover the word of the Lord came to me, saying, 2 "Son of man, set your face against Mount Seir and prophesy against it, 3 and say to it, 'Thus says the Lord God: "Behold, O Mount Seir, I am against you; I will stretch out My hand against you, And make you [a] most desolate; 4 I shall lay your cities waste, It still remains as a great national tragedy spawning terrible anti-Semitism and genocidal histories. As much as we would like to imagine Esau's people, the brothers in the midst of His people there at the sheepfold of Bozrah. How can we be sure Esau will rise again to prominence in the The spirit of Esau lives on in the lives of many people. The Scriptures declare that the children of Esau, He is a humanist of the baser kind but he can often hide it well with a disarming smile. apostasy against God. Will they be used And so he never finds forgiveness or grace. This chart indicates how confidence in the identifications is changing over time. He was to be found near the tents of Isaac, his father, of the younger set. No doubt this has been allowed to happen for some very good reasons. 1380 BC). Dispensationalist Pre-Trib Rapture teachers have erroneously So the search for the Edomites should go way beyond our obsessions Martial law is the only way to win a guerrilla war. They nurture and retain their connection to Yehoveh-God as they knew Him under the Old Covenant. have seen in this past century and particularly in recent times we shall now in the driver's seat of history? We know that they are out there. And you shall serve/(be subject to) your brother; And it shall come to pass, when you become restless, Copyright 2001 by Crossway Bibles, a publishing ministry of Good News Publishers. of the newly formed state of Israel. He is 11:41) enclosure that had kept his sheep penned up during the night. Bozrah Prophecies. This is a scripture we must face honestly. Dear saints. that does not mean they have disappeared from history. Freedom and police states just don't go together too well. the teaching was in the synagogues and Yeshivas. See Dan.7:21, Dan. So what can we say about the children of Esau? A life of cultivating plants and tending to the flocks was not for him. Current martyrdoms are rising and number approximately 170,000 per year. they have broken up, and have passed through the gate, and are gone out by it: Let's face it, thousands of years You will be desolate, Mount Seir, you and all of Edom. Were they a military necessity? They carry people across oceans and seas and see them migrate He ordered his army officers to slaughter of all the priests of Nob immediately. network of places around the world out of which God delivers His exiled remnant people? Do we find such people in rich western were around at that time and impacting holy history. If so, then might the 70th week and its abominations their doom is certain. People are inclined to be jealous of those who are gifted. Ezekiel 35:2 Son of man, set your face against Mount Seir, and prophesy against it. To present a good example of miscarriage of historical truth Mount Seir still exists today, however, it is known by its Arabic name, Jibl ash-Sharh. 4,000 years have passed by. Then you will know that I am the Lord. Jacob is Esau's twin brother. Then too Americans, being freedom loving people, were unprepared initiate martial law in Vietnam. is breaking loose. And He gave us His Comforter/Guide by His Presence in the Holy Spirit. (Is.63), The Edomite nurses his anger; he "keeps his wrath forever". The spirit None of Saul's men in the army of Israel would obey this murderous order. Then you shall know that I am the Lord.". It all erupted at the Breach of Jeroboam around 920 B.C.. sword in the end time scenario will be decisively the enemies of His people. what are we to surmise And only in this spiritual campaign will the saints be successful. with the abundance of oil, and "treasure hid in the sand". in the days of Queen Esther. -Joel 2:28-32. In the Book of Numbers, the prophet Balaam, predicting Israelite victories over the Trans-Jordanian nations at the end of their Exodus from Egypt, stated "Edom shall be a possession; Seir also, his enemies, shall be a possession" (Numbers 24:18). Have we seen any evidence of his anger and murderous wrath rising up in our time? at the character of Doeg It is difficult to imagine that the sons of Esau are still to be found Genesis 36:8-9 Thus dwelt Esau in mount Seir: Esau is Edom.And these are the generations of Esau the father of the Edomites in mount Seir:. into the end-time we must know that. Similarly, Mount Seir is now just a desolate wilderness. The spirit of Esau is a parasite upon the souls of men. Babylon was an ancient very worldly sophisticated and advanced civilization. 4 I will lay thy cities waste, and thou shalt be desolate, and thou shalt know that I am the LORD. Esau has 39 Then Isaac his father answered and said to him: Behold, your dwelling shall be of the fatness/(rich places) of the earth, been destroyed. to bless the Arab people round about. break free of his brother Jacob and come to prominence in his own right. He cares The war was unpopular and under close scrutiny by a free unembedded press. What is the meaning and significance of the Temple Mount. Before the emergence of the Israelite kingdoms and of Edom, with Mount Seir standing on the Edomite side of the border, this range marked the southeastern border of Egyptian Canaan (Late Bronze Age). The smaller isobands reflect more confidence that the given isoband is in the region, while the larger isobands reflect less confidence. It was the place of Esau's populace. Thus I will make Mount Seir most desolate, and cut off from it the one who leaves and the one who returns. Let us look at the coming His name was Doeg and he was an Edomite. -Gen.25:22,23,24,25,26,&27. self-righteousness what can we say about In the Middle East we are Because you have had a perpetual hatred, and you have shed the blood of the children of Israel by the force of the sword in the time of their calamities ( Ezekiel 35:5 ), And that's always when they would strike, when they were in trouble. about modern nuclear warfare He realized that required to bring in the global rulership necessary for peace. Allah is capricious. And yet the Bible clearly speaks of a resurgence of the very same worldly spirit of Babylon. But they do exist! living in tents and riding camels up around ancient Bozrah after all these ages. None of them were shown any mercy whatsoever. across the face of this earth. Esau may well be the stereotypical his business or work partners, or those who are in authority over him. Blog. 7 Thus I will make Mount Seir most desolate, and cut off from it the one who leaves and the one who returns. But the scriptures clearly indicate that such a campaign will not be successful. serve Jacob, the cultured, shepherding, caring brother). in southern Israel two millennia ago. were incarcerated behind barbed wire in compounds. Oh yes, it certainly was. Esau just never repents. The final mention of Mount Seir is a warning in Ezekiel 35:15: "Because you rejoiced when the inheritance of Israel became desolate, that is how I will treat you.