Bathrooms were not clean and had no toilet paper. Its almost always less crowded than the coastal beaches closer to Costa Maya Village, and public piers and beaches provide plenty of space to spend the day. Decided to share with you a Beach Break Excursion I tried in Costa Maya Mexico This is when we first arrived it was about a 20 min bus r. Read the entire review Finding catrina was easy and it's a nice little place with very friendly people and a couple of cute dogs. Beach Break with Open Bar - Costa Maya - Beach Escape Club Has anyone done the "Beach Break" excursion at the Beach Escape Club in Costa Maya that is offered through Royal Caribbean? The food was amazing and the drinks never ended the entire time we were there! If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account. We'll e-mail a link to reset your password. "I have used this company several times. It is important to anticipate your return before your All Aboard Time. The resort staff helps you get a taxi back, just a block away from the resort for $4/person. One of Mexico's most popular cruise ports, Costa Maya Port welcomes travelers to endless seaside fun in the Yucatan Peninsula. Join the party by the pool bar or if you prefer a bit of peace and quiet, the south side of the Beach Escape is perfect for you. Interestingly, Bacalar Lagoon isnt even on the oceanits an inland lake with beachy areas perfect for people who dont like waves. First-the instructions on how to get to the meeting place were not great. Still not sure what type of location you are looking for but in addition to those suggested by Crew try Almaplena, Maya Luna or Hayhu - away from main Malecon. For just about $50, the excursion included transportation, very comfortable lounge chairs, kayaks, water beach inflatables, OPEN BAR, great music, good staff service, and lots of sun, shade, palm trees. Clear editor. Please arrive with a printed copy of your eticket or digital copy if applicable. But having done that we now go to a quiet unspoiled beach. our children were offered a shot of booze and adults were offered drugs. By The Great Maya Reef just off the coast is the second largest . I would not recommend this excursion. Beach Escape Club: After a short ride from the pier into the town of Mahahual, you will enjoy the Beach Escape Club, located on the boardwalk at Fishermans Village. There were previous reviews but obviously now dated. You cannot paste images directly. Opens in a new window. I don't think it was any better or worse. Full use of Ibiza Sunset beach club facilities. 390 reviews. Very good value, about $50. We got a cab to the venue complimentary. Once you have worked up an appetite you may choose to purchase a snack or meal from a restaurant that serves up fresh options. This excursion exceed all of our expectations. Then it ends up at this resort kind of a place. We got to the Catrina Restaurant where we were told to meet, they seemed very confused by our booking but eventually got us to the beach via cab. Kayaks are available should you want to paddle out on the Caribbean. Cancellations that do not comply with the above may not be subject to refund. no fee Children under 9. It is a private club so only cruise passengers are allowed in. If you are, please remember the return to the port is at your leisure on a pre paid taxi service. Please note the Beach Escape is located on the boardwalk of the fishermans village which may cause the presence of local vendors. All spell the perfect getaway from the busy metropolis. I was wondering about this excursion too. Plus, there was not enough seating for our group. Thanks so much! A medical problem prevents you from safely participating in the excursion (we will verify with the tour operator or guest may send doctor's note). While there are dozens of activities available in the area, its nice to take a day to recharge in the middle of your vacation. The last time you were at Maya Chan was it blue/green water or brown? You cannot paste images directly. Presence of seaweed in the Mexican Caribbean Coast is seasonal and could cause limited visibility and be present in the water during the tour. It didn't bother us, but it wasn't crystal clear blue water either. Since they are unable to be vaccinated, we are looking at the various excursions offered by Royal. Lunch was great as well! Beach Escape Club: After a short ride from the pier into the town of Mahahual, you will enjoy the Beach Escape Club, located on the boardwalk at Fishermans Village. With this said, Uvero Beach Club did not feel crowded at all! Mid malecon Good food, good drinks, good service, shade. Upload or insert images from URL. Does it include lunch and drinks or will those be extra? On the north side of the Beach Escape, join the party by our pool bar with our staff. Legal Information | Privacy Policy. 580 July 11, 2010 Houston #1 Posted May 2, 2022 Has anyone done the "Beach Break with Open Bar" excursion on Royal Caribbean in Costa Maya? You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund. Your ship arrives into port late and you cannot make it in time to the meeting location. You can also just google and use a site like TripAdvisor for reviews. From USD $74.99. You have reached the maximum number of items in your favorites list. It was also difficult to find the meeting spot after leaving the ship. CARIBBEAN BREEZE PASS (OPEN BAR) PRICE $39 USD, USD BOOK, WITH $14.00 USD. At one point they also had an affiliation with Blue Kay which is next door again but who actually owns what and what is sub-let becomes a rather grey area! In my backpack I had pringles, that did the job for me knowing soon I would be back on the ship where I could eat. External site which may or may not meet accessibility guidelines, Twitter. External site which may or may not meet accessibility guidelines, YouTube. Also was wondering what the "amenities" are since the description doesn't specify other than that + beach chairs, pools and open bar. Has anyone done the "Beach Break with Open Bar" excursion on Royal Caribbean in Costa Maya? What I am trying to find out is what a specific RCCL excursion offers other than beach chairs. Your guide will take you through the steps of making authentic Mexican salsas and guacamole from the freshest ingredients. If you prefer your beach experience to be all about rest and relaxation, head to La Bamba Beach, about 20 minutes south of Costa Maya village. The water line had tons-I mean piles 3 to 5 feet high of seaweed everywhere and it smells!! A Mexican buffet is also offered for an extra $18 and you can have all you want. This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Their site does not have any reviews for. Page will reload to reflect new bookings. The service goes to the port every 30 minutes. Many, many beach chairs and lounges under palm trees or on the beach. One thing that makes La chilangaloense Beach different from all other beach clubs in Costa Maya is that we include the transportation to come to our beach club. Your guide will assist you with checking in and show you the facilities. True, but I haven't ever see reviews of any new club opening. For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experiences start time. If guests want to return to the ship earlier, taxi service is available at an extra cost. Price is $109per adult $109. Many travelers consider it one of the most inviting and comfortable stops along Mexicos Caribbean side, which is more protected from waves and swells than the Pacific side. Opens in a new window. The food and drink were very good. I had to walk forever to get to my destination so if you are traveling with elderly or children this definitely isnt for you. Copyright 19952023 The Independent Traveler, Inc. Amazing, Funny & Totally Awesome Cruise Photos. Members. There's some info in the above thread about perhaps the most popular one that sells out quickly (Maya Chan) and a smaller one my wife and I had a great time at (Nohoch Kay). You will be able to leave a comment after signing in, Copyright 19952023 The Independent Traveler, Inc. Does it include lunch and drinks or will those be extra? Second-upon arrival to the beach they were not ready for us. Our old favorites have been disappointing. IMO, you'd be better off booking Maya Chan or one of the other clubs offering All Inclusive deals than risking a ship excursion to an unknown place. Highly suggest just booking a beach club on your own. Beach Break with Open Bar - Costa Maya - Beach Escape Club. Did have decent drinks but small menu options for food. Costa Maya VIP All-Inclusive Beach Break by La chilangaloense mexican beach. We are sailing on Odyssey on October 17th and we are taking our two kiddos (Age 2 and 5) with us. I haven't done this, but last week on the Harmony we were able to cancel our beach excursion in Costa Maya (with open bar) because of the sargassum in the seas and on the beaches there. There are several to choose from and grabbing a cab is very easy in Costa Maya. Activity duration is 5 hours. Decided to share with you a Beach Break Excursion I tried in Costa Maya Mexico . The seating is pre-assigned and extremely crowded. Bottled water will be handed out. Simply contact us via email [email protected] within 14 days of your missed excursion date for a deposit refund. It wouldn't be Maya Chan as they only book guests via their website. All Rights Reserved. The price was fair if your goal was to get your moneys worth through drinking. It is advertised as a "lunch buffet" but is not a buffet. Caribbean Shore Tours. After you disembark, you have to walk to the exit of the Cruise Port, the easiest way is by the dolphin area, pass the parking lot and you will find many cabs. 19952023, The Independent Traveler, Inc. Beach Break with Open Bar (RCCL) - Any reviews? The club has many cruise ship guests and works to ensure that guests get on the right bus back to the pier. The food was great and super serving sizes. This boutique eco-resort has a sandy beach, which will be yours to enjoy for the day. Now, here comes the downside ~ if you are looking for a resort type beach break, this is NOT the one. In the video. Unfortunately, our snorkeling was canceled, but no one informed us prior to the excursion. Take plenty of photos when you visit the beach at Seven Colors Lagoon, also known as Bacalar Lagoon. Travel hassle-free to Camaya Coast with our ferries in less than two hours. You'll have tortilla chips to taste your creations and can take the recipes home with you. more. Ruins and jungles are authentic taste of Mayan culture. Reddit and its partners use cookies and similar technologies to provide you with a better experience. Royal Caribbean's three-hour "Bike & Clear Kayak Adventure," priced from $59, includes a bike ride to Mahahual and a local beach where they can board clear-bottom, two-person kayaks. This last visit was to Blue Kay beach and restuarant,etc. Very disappointed with the whole thing! Your previous content has been restored. Chips and Salsa. So Costa Maya was a last minute change for the three ships that we saw in port. All Mahahual beach clubs with AIs have websites and there are plenty of reviews on Trip Advisor or on this board. Clear editor. A more relaxing and comfortable area by the pier. Costa Maya beaches are some of the best in Mexico, and Costa Maya Village is small and easy to navigate on foot. 0.0 / 5. Find Things to Do in Costa Maya on Viator 1 Chacchoben Mayan Ruins 2 Beach 3 Mayan Ruins 4 Snorkeling 5 ATV Adventure 6 Dolphin Swim 7 Zip-lining 8 Segway Tour 9 Jeep Tour 10 Culinary Tour 11. We are sailing on Odyssey on October 17th and we are taking our two kiddos (Age 2 and 5) with us. Throughout, enjoy the white sandy beach of Costa Maya. Click here to reload the page in order to enable certain features. *, Away We Go. Display as a link instead, Of course got to try all the mixed drinks but after awhile I cant drink all those juicy drinks. Food was excellent. We offer the absolute best options for your tours and cruise shore excursions in Costa Maya! Quiet and secluded, Blue Kay Eco Resort is located away from the hustle and bustle of downtown Mahahual. I will see if I can find any updates regarding location for you on board. Your previous content has been restored. 1st port of call on our first cruise. 1st port of call on our first cruise. The beach was a mess, garbage that had clearly been there for a while, stinky seaweed caight in the nets. The locals are relentless, and ask you 100 times if you want to buy something or get a message. Typically ship-excursions don't reveal their vendors. We are thinking the Beach Break with Open Bar, but have seen mixed reviews online. The staff was great! A beach day with open bar, lunch and snorkeling LOS ARRECIFES RESTAURANT. I confirmed the location with shore excursions when I was on the Adventure in May. They dont pester. Giving me any credit for the future is not good since I'm probably never coming back. I was thinking this may be some crystal clear water kind of place but it wasn't really.. no big deal though. Enjoy four hours of the open domestic bar. The best Mexican beer (Corona), any cocktail prepared with Tequila, Rum, or Vodka (mixed drinks or those such as margaritas, Pina Coladas, tequila sunrise, etc. No, it is not necessary to take along your passport or driver's license unless noted by your cruise line or listed in the Restrictions or Notes tab for the excursion. No toilet seats, poor plumbing so toilet paper can't be flushed, so you can guess what what the floor looked like. We did tip him nicely afterwards. They were trying to keep the waterline clean and free but it was impossible. Our other concern would be if we wanted to leave early, would that be an option. Lots of family fun that will make your . No rocks. It's a wide, soft-sand beach with a shallow drop-off. Som of the chairs were a bit uncomfortable for my husband and I, but the water was fantastic and helped we had a nice breeze while there. Highly recommended. By rejecting non-essential cookies, Reddit may still use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality of our platform. A sure way to enjoy your beach day at Mahahual, Costa Maya is by visiting the Beach Escape Club. Both artisan and luxury shopping areas are within walking distance too. I was very disappointed with this excursion, as was my family. Should you feel adventurous there are also water activities available for rent. Enjoy a relaxing, all-inclusive beach day. This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in the United States. This beach is home to La Bamba Beach Club, a private oasis where you can take it easy for the afternoon. Are the any other recommendations for things to do with unvaccinated kids in the area? In terms of seating at the beach itself (not pools), is it chairs / loungers that are packed next to each other. Venture further into the lagoon on a boat, or explore some of the cenotes (underwater sinkholes) which are so small and deep that the water usually takes on a sapphire blue hue. Good news is its shaded but the bad news is there really isnt a beach in the sun simply because there is no room, youre on the water. The Beach Escape has ramps that will allow guests with limited mobility to reach most of the areas. Theres also a small village in Mahahual worth visiting after youve had your fill of the beach. Costa Maya is a major cruise port of call in the Western Caribbean itineraries during the Fall-Winter season, with as many as 1.5 million passengers and over 500 cruise ships visits in 2019.