It's not a stigma. So that it's like a system set up, I know I will call my mother, I know I'll call this person, and this person. The thing I learned is that it's not one thing that causes it. Her name is Rosey. Cindy is a single mother who lives with her adopted daughter Rosie. Her size is approximately 5 foot 7 in (Approx 1.7 t). Hsu has a daughter named Rosey whom she adopted and has mentioned it in her book 'Bringing Home Rosie.' When Hsu is not working, she likes to go to school, concerts, and tours with her daughter. Does Alex Guarnaschelli have a Child? Cindy is also active in various social work and community services. She was so small, she didn't really ask those probing questions, thank goodness, to tell you the truth. She's also worked with the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation, The Humane Society of New York, The Children's Miracle Network and the Museum of Chinese in America. Similarly, she follows Christianity as a religion. / CBS New York. What happens with depression, for me, it's like a black cloud takes over your brain, and it tells you that the world would be better without you. In addition, her marital status is mostly assumed to be single. Hsu was born in Honolulu, Hawaii to a Coast Guard family that moved every two to four years. However, it is confirmed that Cindy is the mother of one daughter. Cindys marital status remains single. Hsu graduated from Virginia Tech with a degree in communication studies. It's just that I needed a break from work, I wasn't feeling that well, and then I just kept getting worse. Cindy Hsu Height/ Weight. What are the body stats of Cindy Hsu? And we're going to go back a few years, which tells us one thing: Having a story dealing with mental illness, depression, anxiety, whatever you want to call it, comes anytime, to anybody. She is currently working for WCBS TV, where she hosts a weekend evening news show for the CBS affiliate network. Prior to joining WCBS-TV, Cindy worked for WFRV-TV in Green Bay, Wisconsin, and WTOV-TV in Steubenville, Ohio as an anchor and reporter. Previously, she was the President of the New York Chapter of the Asian American Journalists Association. Cindys height is more than 5 feet 5 inches and also has a pretty and attractive body with a beautiful face. Cindy anchors the weekend morning newscasts with Andrea Grymes. Emmy Award-winning anchor and reporter Cindy Hsu has been promoted to anchor of CBS O&O WCBS New York's weekday 9 a.m. newscasts that will debut on the station and the CBS News New York streaming channel on Monday, Sept. 12. Cindy Hsu is a Chinese American television news anchor and reporter at WCBS-TV, located in New York City. Instagram: biographyscoop. Hsu has been at CBS2 News in New York City since 1993 and is an Emmy Award-winning anchor and reporter. Cindy Hsu has been at CBS2 News in New York City since 1993. Whether it's they had gone through depression, or someone they knew, or a friend, or even how do you handle it when you think somebody else might be going through this. Copyright 2023 NewsCheckMedia LLC, 238 Crosshill Road, Wynnewood, PA 19096 | 610-649-7989. There are also no rumors of her being in any past relationship with anyone. Hsu began her broadcasting career as an associate producer for WTVR-TV in Richmond, Virginia. Your life was worth it to her. In 2016, she won thereporter of the year award from the NY & NJ Asian-American Law EnforcementOrganization. She currently anchors CBS 2 News at 9am, and she is also fill-in & substitute anchor. You know? I'm still on medication, and I need that. And you see big personality changes, also. And the pain, did you not think you were worth it? Last summer, Cindy shared her very personal story of mental illness. She adopted her and has mentioned it in her book Bringing Home Rosie. When Cindy is in her off days, she likes to go to the school, concerts, and tours with her daughter. You know one of my favorite things is to eat, and I wasn't eating that much. American-Belarusian Entrepreneur Gary Vaynerchuk and Wife Lizzie Vaynerchuk started their Married Life since 2004! Cindy Hsu Cindy Hsu Biography. Dana: Your story - a lot of people wouldn't have the courage to do this, but you feel it's important. Bio, What is Lil Yachty Full Name? So that's the way I think the pressure of work connected. Hsu stands at an average height of 5 feet and 5 inches tall. And we're getting better. As a news anchor and reporter, her average salary is around $70 k US. However, his appropriate size currently . Her personal details are not revealed yet. You can't find any information about what it's like there. Related news. Cindy was born and raised in Honolulu, Hawaii, United States. Are they still Married? She has worked as a journalist throughout the country, including Richmond, Virginia, Green Bay, Wisconsin, and Steubenville, Ohio. . You can go on websites for different hospitals that may be psychiatric hospital, there are no pictures, there's no description. Facebook gives people the power to share. It's OK. Depression, no, it's a new part of your life. Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, Virginia, United States. She used to anchors the morning, noon, and evening newscasts. So you have a safety net. She is also actively involved with The Childrens Miracle Network. Cindy is also earning extra money from her books. Yes, Cindy has a pet. That's one of the reasons I'm talking, because we need to open the door. Cindy is a single and loving mom to her adopted daughter Rosie. Does Grayson Allen have a Girlfriend? The baby had. My daughter was 11 years old, so she and I of course aren't going to talk about it. She has not disclosed the name of her parents but she has a younger brother named David Hsu. So that's what it felt like. Wiki | Wife and Children. It's difficult, that's such an understatement. And in the step-down program, we've been through treatment, we're all getting better. Again, she was 11 years old, and when I went into the hospital, I would call her from the phone we were allowed to use sometimes and we would talk. And who are you speaking too? At different times, she formerly served as an anchor for the morning, noon, and 5:00 p.m. newscasts. Shes also volunteered for the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation, the Humane Society of New York, the Childrens Miracle Network, and the Museum of Chinese in America. Hsu has never been married. Cindy currently is 54 years and honors his unique birthday on May 6 each year. Cindy: Made me feel better, made me feel like you're not alone. Hsu is a private loving person and loves to keep her personal life secret. Prior to joining WCBS-TV, Cindy worked as a reporter and anchor at WFRV-TV in Green Bay, Wisconsin, and for WTOV-TV in Steubenville, Ohio. She has been recognized with numerous awards. Cindy Hsu is an Emmy Award-winning anchor and reporter who has been at CBS2 News in New York City since 1993. Apart from this, she is also involved in some community services and social work. Her personal adoption story, Bringing Rosie Home, was nominated for an Emmy Award and won the New York AP Broadcasters Award for Best Feature. It's a plan. And I'm wondering too about that, and being open to them, how big a decision that was. But I knew nothing about it, so you just keep pushing on, and pushing on, doing your job and being a mother, try to keep your life together. Some of Cindy Hsus Colleagues at CBS are: She has won several awards including the Reporter of the year from the NY and NJ Asian-American Law Enforcement Organization. When was it that you realized "I have to say something?". But I guess she saw, and she said, "Can I talk to you in the hallway?" won thereporter of the year award from the NY & NJ Asian-American Law Enforcement. Cindy previously co-hosted a morning news show on WBCS. Twitter: @BiographyScoop Website: Biographyscoop.com It was just harder to do just the simple job I'd been doing for more than 20 years. Dana:Your words again, it's so worth it, of why you are sharing this? Rosie is in third grade. She also received another Emmy for her live coverage of the snowstorm of 1994. You don't sit there and say "I'm not feeling well, I feel down." She has worked as a journalist in cities such as Richmond, Virginia, Green Bay, Wisconsin, and Steubenville, Ohio. / CBS New York. Dana:Did Rosie know and how did she react? Ann Phlomena For her Outstanding Single Hard News Story for Smuggled from China, which exposed the horrific plights of Chinese refugees from the Golden Venture ship, Hsu received Emmy Awards. and Lincoln, Nebraska, Remote, Casper, Wyoming and Meridian, Mississippi, The Coastal Television Broadcasting Group. Cindy Hsu Husband. She was honored with the Golden Apple Award by the American Women in Radio and Television, and she also received the Friends of Adoption Award from the Adoptive Parents Committee. She has got brown hair color and dark brown eyes. Cindys net worth is approximately $3 m as of 2022. Cindy served as President of the New York Chapter of the Asian American Journalists Association and paddled for years on a championship Dragon Boating team called Women in Canoe. Web Extra: Dr. Christine Yu Moutier Discusses Suicide Warning Signs: Dana: You spoke earlier about being Asian American, and talking about it, not talking about it. And if I lose my job, I can not take care of my child. It's basically, you're brought in and you're left there, and you have to stay there, and you can't just leave, which is really scary. She lives in New York City with her. Cindy Hsu is a Chinese-American television news anchor and reporter for New York-based WCBS-TV. Apparently, she has managed to keep her personal life away from the limelight hence she has not disclosed any information about her parents. Hsu serves at CBS 2 News as a Weekend Co-anchor. She started her career as an associate producer for WTVR-TV in Richmond, Virginia. At different times, she previously served as an anchor for the morning, noon, and 5:00 p.m. newscasts. But there's a time pressure, and a time management to get these stories on everyday which includes the interviewing, and the writing, and the editing, and whatever challenges there are that - and, I guess, in our heads, approval - be it a boss, be it the audience, be it yourself. Cindy worked at CBS 2 as an anchor and reporter. Hsu receives an annual salary that ranges between $64,717 $186,956.This is according to WCBS-TV salary. Cindy's parents immigrated from China. Although it is not clear whether Cindy is married or not, she has a daughter named Rosey. How much does she earn? Hsu earns an estimated salary ranging between $40,000 $ 110,500 per year. So explain how you led into it, and what made you realize there was a problem? Though she isn't married, Cindy has adopted a daughter, Rosey. She has now been able to help her friends, her teen friends, talk about angst and issues. She also soloes anchored the weekend evening newscasts up . I think for all of us, and I think there's that, "Oh well, I don't really have it bad," because that person, that shifting all the time. My daughter was away at camp, my mother was at a museum, so I knew I was by myself, and I attempted. The two-part series Bringing Rosie Home was her most moving story. Hsu has a little brother named David Hsu and she has several thanked her parents for their support during her education and career. During her tenure with CBS, she earned several awards including an Emmy award. No one's going to be honest about that. Cindy is currently single. You know, coming from an Asian family, we don't talk about things like this. Cindy Hsu was born in Honolulu, Hawaii, United States, on May 6, 1966. As will be the case in New York, stations will air 30-minute newscasts leading into a half-hour of The Drew Barrymore Show at 9:30 a.m. Hsu has earned Emmy Awards for stories such as Smuggled from China, that exposed the horrific plights of Chinese refugees trying to make it to America. After that I asked my mom to come. She is active in the Asian-American community and has worked with the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention. When I was in the step down program, so I was still gone from work, nobody knew from work what was happening with me. Hsu is a Big Sister and has worked on the Advisory Board of APEX, a group that pairs Asian professionals with recent immigrants and young people who need guidance. Most of them had attempted suicide as well. No, I'm not surprised, she's your daughter, of course she is. The Asian Professional Exchange (APEX), a big brother/big sister program, is one of her former and current humanitarian ties. That's not what life is about, even if I were to lose my job, and all these things you're afraid of happening: it's OK. You're going to survive, and that's when you get better, when you realize that you're going to make it, you're going to get through this with help. It's like a perfect storm of many, many things, and it's different for every person. Chinese American television news reporter and anchor Cindy Hsu is working on WCBS-TV in New York City. Hsu stands at a height of 5 feet 5 inches/1.68 m tall. But we need your help. Dana: I want to also get back to being diagnosed, and some will - "What a stigma, I've got depression, I can't let anybody know." She received prestigious Emmy awards for her single coverage for Smuggled from China.That exposed the horrific plights of Chinese refugees from the Golden Venture Ship, her live coverage of the snowstorm of 1994. When Cindy is not working, she likes to go to school, concerts, and tours with her daughter. But I feel great, and I feel so many of us can recover from depression and mental health illnesses. The series was nominated for an Emmy and won the New York AP Broadcasters Award for Best Feature. It took those experts to help you to get there? Other than being a famous celebrity, Cindy is also a humanitarian activist. Hsus personal adoption story, Bringing Rosie Home, was nominated for an Emmy Award and won the New York AP Broadcasters Award for Best Feature. She was born to her parents in Honolulu, Hawaii, in the United States. Hsu has an estimated net worth of about $3 Million which she has earned through her career as an anchor and reporter. She. Her passion is sharing stories about children, seniors, education, adoption, animals and mental health awareness. You know, wanting to go home and just go to sleep, and pull the shades down, get in bed. Rosie was born on October 26th, 2003, and is 19 years old as of 2022. What was His Net Worth? There was really nothing to do about it. And I think that's part of the process is to make sure you have those people in place who can help, or be those people who can help, be somebody's safety net. She also received an award from the Adoptive Parents Committee known as the Friends of Adoption Award. Dana: You have decided to talk about something very personal, and the timing is no coincidence. Cindy Hsu is a Chinese American Emmy Award-winning television news reporter and anchor who has worked for CBS 2 News in New York City since 1993 as an anchor and reporter. Besides, she is engaged in several campaigns to help children who are suffering from AIDS and HIV. She is actively involved with The Childrens Miracle Network. The global pandemic has impacted the emotional and economic well-being of many individuals and families, and left many of us to manage a variety of emotions, including feelings of uncertainty. It was scary going in there. In a sense you can hide behind that, but obviously that gave way, did that play into it, the responsibilities of your job, or failing, or becoming transparent? I had no idea. We hope Cindy sharing her story can help others know they are not alone. Cindy was born in Honolulu, Hawaii. She graduated with a degree in Communication Sciences, from Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, Virginia, United States. Sick, you couldn't, whatever problem at hospitals or afraid to make the call, just speaking culturally, "I'm going to do this at home." She is involved in several campaigns working for regarding global issues like prevention of HIV, Refugee, Zero Hunger challenge and so on. Cindy: Work is good, and the other thing is when I was at my worst, this is what it felt like, visually. Information about how much Hsu receives is under review and will be updated as soon as the information is available. . Cindy Hsu is a Chinese American journalist currently working for WCBS-TV in New York as an anchor and reporter. Is Basketball Player for the Milwaukee Bucks Grayson Allen married or in a Relationship? Before joining WCBS, she also worked for WFRV-TV, WTOV-TV. She started her broadcasting career as an associate producer for WTVR-TV in Richmond, Virginia. Dana: The whispers. Is Karim Washington on the Netflix series The OA Kingsley Ben-Adir Married or in a Relationship? Cindy loved her daughter very much and traveled with her in her free time. She gets personal about what she's gone through, how she found. Her height is 5 feet and 5 inches and weight is 55 kg. Does Edmonton Oilers of the National Hockey LeagueJames Neal have a Wife/Girlfriend? I mean, it wasn't a light switch? Or if she is dating or not. She was so open talking about her journey through depression, a suicide attempt, and the steps she took to get healthy again.. She is currently involved with WCBS TV and is presenting a weekend evening news show with the CBS affiliate network. Prior to that, she anchors for the morning and noon two times a day as well as 5:00 pm newscasts. It's not a cloud because you're managing it? Cindy:I decided on a panel, it was an Asian American journalists panel, to share this story, because we were talking about how to make it through this business, which is tough. Moreover, she has served on the Advisory Board of Apex and is also a Big Sister of the board, a group that connects Asian Professionals with recent immigrants and young people who need guidance. Dana:It's life. In addition, she earned Emmy Awards for her Outstanding Single Hard Story for the Smuggle from China that unraveled the horrific plights of Chinese refugees from the Golden Venture ship as well as her live coverage of the snowstorm of 1994. She began her broadcasting career as an associate producer for WTVR-TV in Richmond, Virginia. Hsu stands at an average height of 5 feet and 5 inches tall. She has mentioned it in her book Bringing Home Rosie. She previously anchored the weekend evening newscasts solo up . Previously she co-hosted a morning news program on WBCS. She spends much for her off-duty time in community work and is open about her struggle with depression, hoping to break down the stigma surrounding mental health. I've always been a very open parent just lay it out there. Before joining WCBS, she also worked for WFRV-TV, WTOV-TV. Cindy:I think the power of depression, tells you adamantly your daughter will better off, so yes, you think there will be a little pain, obviously, but you're not thinking straight, so you're thinking my child will have a better life without this messed up mom who has depression and can't climb out of the dark hole, that's what it feels like you're in a dark hole. She has mentioned it in her book Bringing Home Rosie. There is no shame in going through mental illness. You don't get to go home. She also soloes anchored the weekend evening newscasts up until July 2016 when she was replaced by Jessica Moore. Hsu worked as a reporter and anchor at WFRV-TV in Green Bay, Before joining WCBS-TV Wisconsin. Hsu anchors the weekend morning newscasts with Andrea Grymes. She resides in New York City with her daughter. Has one daughter: Rosie. Emmy Award-winning anchor and reporter Cindy Hsu has been promoted to anchor of CBS O&O WCBS New Yorks weekday 9 a.m. newscasts that will debut on the station and the CBS News New York streaming channelonMonday, Sept. 12. Additionally, she was a co-chair of an annual event that helps in raising money for children living with HIV and AIDS known as Cooks for Kids. Also, Cindy is a former President of the New York Chapter of the Asian American Journalists Association. And that's what was happening. And they also told me to make sure that she knows that my illness is not her job to cure, that I have team of doctors, and I have so many people working to make mommy better, that your job is just to be a kid. I stopped. Credit: Corey Sipkin . Menu. Cindy was honored with the Golden Apple Award from the American Women in Radio and Television. I used to exercise four times a week. Cindy Hsu Salary. . Get browser notifications for breaking news, live events, and exclusive reporting. This section will be updated as soon as the information is available. Her most poignant story, was the two-part series "Bringing Rosie Home." Cindy stands at a height of5 ft 7 in(Approx 1.7 m). Get browser notifications for breaking news, live events, and exclusive reporting. That's exactly what our CBS2 anchor Cindy Hsu is doing. 0. Hsu graduated from Virginia Tech with a bachelors degree in communication studies. You're involved in the Asian American community. Liz McGiffin Bio, Age, Height, Husband, Kids, Salary, NBC 4, Eric Shawn Bio, Age, Height, Wife, Salary, Net Worth, FOX News, Tia Ewing Bio, Age, Height, Husband, Salary, Net Worth, Fox News, David Martin Bio, Age, Height, Wife, Salary, Net Worth, CBS News, Vinson Cunningham Bio, Age, Height, Husband, Salary, Net Worth, The New Yorker, Amy Argetsinger Bio, Age, Height, Husband, Salary, Net Worth, Washington Post. And I just think one of the things that was making my heart race. Cindy:I'm speaking to everybody. Before Cindy joined WCBS-TV, she worked for WFRV-TV in Green Bay, Wisconsin, and WTOV-TV in Steubenville, Ohio as an anchor and reporter. It is not clear whether she is married or not. This 50-year-old lady is one of the talented and experienced journalists of the CBS. I continue to see a psychiatrist every month. Both of them reside in New York City. Is American Chef-Alex Guarnaschelli still engaged to Michael Castellon? And went to the hallway and she said, "Are you OK?" She in recent days appeared as a chairperson for "Cook for Kids", an annual event that raises money for children living with HIV and AIDS. Honolulu, Hawaii, the United Statesof America, Cindy anchors the weekend morning newscasts with, Previously, she served as an anchor for the morning and noon newscasts for the, She started her journalism career at WTVR-TV Richmond, in, After some time, she landed her dream job at the famous. Now I realize what's important in life, and that there are so many people out there that are trained to help you open your life back up, and recover, and talk about it, and then be able to others about it, and help them as well. Later, she landed her dream job to the famous CBS2 (WCBS-TV), a CBS-owned channel. And the hope was I wouldn't wake up. Hsu is also an Emmy Award holder from CBS-TV, been working since 1993. And then, the next year they had asked me to, they asked different people to go on stage, and hold certain bead colors. Previously she co-hosted a morning news program on WBCS. She earns that money from her career as a Chinese American television news reporter and anchor. So she came to stay with me, and still we didn't, what it was, we still weren't open about, talking about it. And she said no. We also know increases in suicide are not a foregone conclusion. In addition, she received the New York AP Broadcasters Award for Best Feature on her personal adoption story, Bringing Rosie Home which was nominated for an Emmy Award. Her passion is sharing stories about children, seniors, education, adoption, animals and mental health awareness. Yes, Cindy is the anchor for the new WCBS weekday 9 a.m. newscast. She currently works for WCBS-TV in New York as an anchor and reporter. Cindy was born in Honolulu, Hawaii, and graduated from Virginia Tech. Alan Rickman Died at 69; Who was His Wife? Cindy has earned Emmy Awards for stories including "Smuggled from China," exposing the horrific plights of Chinese refugees trying to make it to America.